Tuesday, 5 February 2013

"On your Bike"

Hello Blog friends, all well I hope and not snowed in!!  Ankle deep here again and still falling in little showers.  
Never mind I am sure I heard somewhere that "Spring" comes next!! I just wonder when. 
John and I were talking about this weather...............what else??  He reminded me that 17years ago past 2nd February we moved in here, it snowed on the day of the move.   We had nearly a foot of snow by the end of that day.  John Jnr had come straight from work to help us, he left to travel the 6 miles along the road to his house.  About 1hr after he left there was knock on the door.  There was John like an orphan on the doorstep, he could not get home there were 10ft snow drifts just along the road.   First night in our new house we had a guest. 

Thank you for taking time to pop by today, I really do love that you come, I just hope you enjoy your visit. Thank you for all your lovely comments on past posts.   
Nothing much to do after all the chores were done ...........................so crafting it was!!!

I got some Kaiser Craft papers some time ago and never used them.  I was flicking through and found a couple of sheets of toppers.  I like to have some plainish everyday sort of cards in my box, thought this would be a fine image to use for that. 


Base card approx 5 x 7 white card
White card pierced round the edge
Orange card (a colour I find very hard to work with) there was orange in the topper so thought I should go for it!!!
Green card 
Image from the Kaiser sheet 
Stamped sentiment which is not straight............using a Sheena Douglas stamp

Should have Die cut the sentiment and placed it on the card then I "might" have got it straight.
Will I ever learn???  I very much doubt it

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really do appreciate it

Patricia   xx








Posted by Picasa

17 comments:


  1. Patricia. Another great male card. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love the matting colours you have used with the sheet and the sentiment looks fine to me.
    Take care in the snow
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Patricia. Love the paper and the penny farthing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mans card Patricia love your colours and I think the sentiment is fine as it is....we've had strange weather here today, rain, sleet, snow and sunshine

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Patricia, the matting looks great. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Patricia it looks so fresh
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia

    That Penny Farthing bike would make a fabulous stamp wouldn't it?

    Love the colours you have worked with.

    Sometimes no matter how hard you try those pesky sentiments never go straight do they. I have to admit to covering mine over with a second one sometimes LOL!! All part of the fun.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, Loving the colours of this card, I honestly thought you had stamped the bike, papers are beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Patricia, sorry to hear about the snow. Your card is stunning, nothing new there then, but I'm loving those papers and the theme you have used looks great. Like you i cannot for the life of me get sentiments straight, but 'Stampin Up' have a little tool call Stamp-a-ma-Jig and its a great help when adding the sentiment straight on to a card. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Penny Farthing Patricia. A great male card. I rarely stamp directly onto my card because I have ruined so many cards! But I really love the look of it instead of a separate diecut sometimes. We are only having snow flurries, thank goodness. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Patricia,
    lovely card wouldnt it be fun to ride a pennyfarthing loli have a stampa ma jig but i dont always remember to use it have fun with Hazel today x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia what a lovely card. Love the bicycle paper and your matting is brilliant as well as the stitching effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous mens card. The bicycle looks great and I love the soft tones in the paper.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pennyfarthing, looks so elegant on your card. Our snow came and went but its freezingout there.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Patricia, great card, love the image. so cool for a man. Doesn't look all that squint to me, but do as I do when something has not worked quite right, just say it's your signature, after all some of the greatest artists did that. Snow, will it ever end. Keep warm and cosy, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super guy card Patricia! Love the image, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Pretty and springy Patricia! Love the bicycle image! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete