Thursday, 14 February 2013

"Scalloped Edge Card"

Hello Blog friends, well today has been such a contrast to what we had yesterday.  Sun has shone all day, the deep snow has almost gone.

Thank you for popping into my little corner of Blogland to see what I have been up to.

I started this morning with some Scalloped circle Dies cut out along with other bits to make today`s project.  That went out the window when Audrey phoned to say Robert was not very well.  He had the cold but it has now affected his ears, we all know that can be rather painful.  They are off school for Half Term so not loosing any learning time which is good.   Anyway their only request when they are not too good is "can you phone and ask Grandpa to come along".  Always Grandpa till it comes to feeding time in this house, then they come looking for me.    So guess where we spent most of the day!!!   John and I left there and headed further along into Forfar to do some food shopping.  Shopping all done, fruit bowls filled again, Veg Rack full and other things in the cupboard.  Not that we want any more snow but we are stocked up anyway.

Robert is fine looks awful, wee white face, they both are very slim (not for the lack of eating and drinking gallons of milk) when the are ill they can look like wee waifs......................LOL, thank goodness they are very rarely ill.    Tomorrow is another day, Robert was just beginning to wilt again as we left.   I am sure he will have been asleep by the time we go to Forfar.

Back home for tea then a quick put together of my card, so here we are:-



Base card was an 8 x 8 white card I cut with a Spellbinder Grand Circle Die. 
I then ran the front of the card though an Embossing Folder
Green floral card from my Tilda Paper Stack "Kitchen Garden" cut with the next size down
I cut the same floral card with Spellbinder Fancy Lattice Die 
White card cut using Spellbinder largest Stately Circles with a plain circle Die to cut a frame which I placed over the Lattice 
Spellbinder Blossom Five for the flower which is cut using the reverse side of the Floral card
Some die cut leaves from my Die Cut Bit Box
White American Seam Binding for my bow

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting I really appreciate it
 

Patricia   xx



23 comments:

  1. stunning card Patricia, love that soft green and white, so fresh looking, fabulous shape, one of my favourite`s circle cards. pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card, Patricia. I love all the layers and your very pretty flower. Love your colour choices, too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Patricia, love the soft colours and all the dies you've used. We had a gorgeous day too today - hope the good weather lasts as we're going to the zoo tomorrow! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Patricia. Love the dies and that fabulous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, love your circles card and your choice of papers. Hope Robert gets well soon, painful ears can be scarey for kids but he has a very caring grandparents.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia

    Here at last!!

    I am just having a quick look around blogland and trying to catch up with a few blogs. All my time seems to be going on orders and wedding work at the moment .. .. but it keeps me out of mischief !! LOL!!!

    You have been working very hard and have posted some lovely makes since my last visit.

    This one is a great shape. I love how the edges are squared off so it will stand up properly. I tried doing one that was just circular with the fold at the top and it was a real balancing act to keep it upright!

    It sounds like your weather has been much the same as ours and we have been promised a lovely weekend .. .. so we shall see!

    I hope Robert feels much better today. How lovely to be wanted by them.

    Have a good day today.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Patricia - the flower is gorgeous - hope Robert is soon better

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Patricia. I love the design with those delicate colours and wonderful flower.
    I hope that Robert is feeling better soon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous creation Patricia love the pale green with the white and the embossed background! Hope your grandson is feeling better today. Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful Patricia. Love the circular shape and the cut off edge for it to stand upright. I really love everything about it. I'm off to do my shopping now and restock everything - just in case! The y have forecast more snow, but they do get things wrong LOL! Enjoy your weekend. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Patricia love the way you've used your dies to create those beautiful layers and that beautifu flower really fibishes of this lovely creation
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. GM Patricia,
    Wow what a stunning card Iwish my roses would come out like yours oh well I will keep trying Hope Robert feels better real soon Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, WOW, this card is magnificent, I love the colours they really complement each other, love the dies, and absolutely ADORE the flower.
    I really hope Robert is feeling much better today, we would rather be ill ourselves than have our grand-children being ill.
    The weather is quite bright here today and I think the forecast is good for the weekend, brilliant.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia, sorry to hear about Robert, hope he is soon well, my grandson Jake suffers with his ears. Glad the snow has gone. Your card is lovely, that flower is beautiful.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the shape and all the layers and of course the pretty flower.
    I hope Robert is better soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patricia what a stunning creation, love your green tones and your great dies...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor Robert, I hope he feels better soon Patricia, so many nasty bugs going around.

    Stunning card today, those dies are gorgeous and I just love your colours, love it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,
    superb card. Love the shape and snap about the lattice design. You know what they say about great minds. Mind you I wish I had yours sometimes with the great things you produce. I have dubbed Wilma second queen of the roses as hers, with your input are nearly as outstanding as yours.
    I hope Robert gets better soon, I have had this darn cold thing for a week now and it's causing me the probs I told you about in my email, and making me very tired.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening and weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love the shape & wonderful design...Those die-cuts are Fabulous...I do hope little Robert recovers soon... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Patricia, lovely design.. Hope Robert is better soon, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful Patricia! I am here, just bear with me please!! Lots of things are being left at the minute, soooooooooo busy!!! It's non stop this DT business, I have deadlines galore!!!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, awww!! I do hope Robert is better soon, I like the wee waifs bit...lol You can't fatten thougherbreds, you believe me my hubby is proof of that.. tee hee
    I love the card its so pretty. xx
    My laptop is still very sick so still on hubby's at the moment, had to leave mine alone today as at screaming pitch with it.
    Have a great weekend.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodness is this Ever Gorgeous Patricia!! Love all your Wonderful lacy layers and Beautiful Flower!! Really Lovely and Elegant! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete