Sunday, 3 February 2013

"Spring Cleaning"

Hello Bog friends, I have been "Spring Cleaning" today.  No! No! not the house .......my crafty stuff. 
 .
Have you noticed the difference, it is staying light just a little bit longer each day.   More noticeable these past two days here, where the sun has shone.  Yes! that`s right I did say sun.  However the weather forecast this evening was not good for the next few days.

Thank you for calling to see me at the start of yet another new week, they are flying by are they not??
I hope you enjoy your browse and that you might see something you like.   If you leave a comment I will be able to link back to you to see what you get up to.

Today I really did not know what to do with myself once the chores where done.   I had nothing in mind, opened the cupboard and a bottle of Cosmic Shimmer Glue fell out.  Don`t know why as it should have been in its place where I keep all the bits I use all the time.  That was it!!! make a new holder for the most used bits and pieces.   A couple of years ago I made a little holder for all these bits.  You know the kind of thing ........................all the little things that you always need for a project, glues, scissors, tweezers., pokey tools etc:-    I like to have them all at hand, the holder I had was looking rather tired so my project today was to make a new one.
Here it is:-


 Made from old cereal packets, I save these for the boys they are always looking for cardboard for things.    I glued some pretty paper to the card, let it dry then made the boxes for the things I use all the time.




Here it is filled up, sorry I did not get it all in but you get the idea.  When I have this sitting where I am working I know where everything is.  These the most used things obviously like the rest of you I have loads in other boxes and bags.
Once finished I ran some pearls from a roll of them I have. stuck a few flat backed pearls in the corners.  Made the essential Rose and there you have it.

That`s it for today
Thank you for taking the time to pop in I really appreciate it

Patricia  xx


21 comments:

  1. Hi Pat - love your organizer wish I could get my head into organisation but not yet although determined to use more stash before the SECC in March. Saw the sunshine today but sadly looks like rain again this week - perhaps I should craft some webbed feet Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely project and a great idea, Patricia. I love the paper you covered your boxes with, too :)

    You asked if my craft room was finished. Unfortunately, no it isn't. I can't believe the up evil this is causing, there's stuff all over the house...lol! I've now got my computer set up in the dining room...I missed that more than anything. But it could be another few weeks before things are back to some normality. Thanks for sticking with me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely storage idea Patricia, it's very pretty. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love recycling ... it saves you a fortune on storage and these are so pretty. Bet you love going inot the crafty space to work now xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, what a lovely project, it's amazing how ideas come about. A bottle falling out a cupboard and wallah a stoage set. Gorgeous.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so handy Patricia I'm sure it will be really useful to have to hand. I have a carousel on my worktop and its so useful to have everything you need at hand! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Patricia. A fabulous design, I think I need to make myself one of these too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Patricia you do come up with lovely ideas
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a talented lady, Patricia, I would never have thought to make an organiser, and how pretty it is.
    The weather is not good for this week, more snow on the way, brrrrrrrrr.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Patricia, and so pretty. I have a pretty china mug on my desk half filled with dried lentils and in this I keep all my sharp tools - scissors, pokey tools etc. Something like this would sit alongside quite nicely to hold the other things such as glues etc. Thanks for the idea. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. morning Patricia
    wat a lovely idea so pretty to stand on your table when your crafting, im still trying to workout how to get the google friend gadget on to my blog have sorted out the verification thingy {well my son has lol )still one step at a time hopefully people will bear with me thanks to you n Hazel for your support i think without it i would of given up by now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Patricia, what a wonderfully practical project. Looking great with all your tools in them. You are so artistic, and your ideas are fantastic.

    The sky here went so black about 10mins ago and when I looked out the window it was attempting to snow.... now the sun's out, weird or what. Have a good day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty organizer Patricia and just love the flower on the front....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Patricia, what a beautiful storage idea, you could make them for school fairs etc too couldn't you? Windy today, but little bits of blue poking through the cloud.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Patricia. You are so multi-talented in all the beautiful things you create. I can see why this would work on any desk as we do need to know where everything is when working. A very clever Idea. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous storage Patricia. A brilliant idea and I love the pretty paper you've used.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation Patricia! I Love it! I'll have 2 please! LOL!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I know it's such a shame! Royal Mail have spoilt it for a lot of people! Never mind, will have a go myself, never know might be a new project for my CC DT!!!!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, superb! I have a very similar project as yet unfinished!! Yes I notice the days getting longer when I'm getting the hens up and putting them to bed..wonderful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anyone else would sweep the glue to one side or put it in a drawer but not you! This is magnificent and I could do with one!!! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi patricia, brilliant idea, looks so pretty..pam

    ReplyDelete