Monday, 18 February 2013

"Wreath Card"

Hello friends, what a beautiful day it has been here in rural Perthshire.  I hope it has been the same where you are, it makes such a big difference.  Very, very frosty early this morning, the sun got up that cleared the frost then there was a heat in the sun.  Washing all out and dried, just needs ironed. 

Thank you for stopping in my little corner of Blogland gad to have your company.  I love when you leave a comment.  That way I know who called and I came pop to your Blog if you have one to see what you are doing.

Went along to Elaine`s, got some of my things in the cabinet, looks quite good.   I had only one of the busts we use to display our pendants, Hazel (my sister) has the others.   I will get them on Wednesday when I meet her,  once in the cabinet that will be it.  I forgot my camera but I will try to remember to take it next time.


My card today is using up a pleated ribbon wreath.  I made a few for Christmas cards, this is one that was left .   I found it in a box when looking for something totally different!!

Base card 6 x 6
Pink Cordinations card
Piece of the Rose card I had left from my Heart Card which I stitched round
Spellbinder Stately Circles to cut pink card pierced round the edge
Smaller size of circle Die to cut a scrap of the Rose card..............it is double sided and this is the back 
Smallest Die to cut pink card
Placed an embellishment from my box in the centre


That`s it for today, thank you for popping in I really appreciated it

Patricia   xx


Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Patricia, love everything about it. Beautiful day here too in coastal East Lothian! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Patricia, I love the pleated ribbon, the colours are so pretty.
    Its been gorgeous here too, got the big shop in and then went for our daily walk (with Hubby) it was so lovely to hear the birds chirping away in the sunshine. I even went without a coat ..just a big fleece on, how brave was that...lol
    Huge Hugs Mau xx
    still no lappy so on hubby's :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    what a fantastic card. I love that ribbon wreath. It looks very complicated. The paper is very pretty too.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pleated ribbon wreath, Patricia. It looks so pretty around your Spellbinders circle die. Such lovely colours, too. Gorgeous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your wreath design Patricia something I would like to try, your wreath goes so well with the die cut, such pretty colours..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, love the ribbon wreath, i had a go at this and found it easier than I thought it would be. Your card is gorgeous and bet you will have no trouble selling them in the tea room.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia it was a lovely day here in Blackpool too yesterday that's three in a row! Very frosty at the moment so hopefully another sunny day to come! A beautiful card today, very intricate with all the ribbon weaving it must have taken ages! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, this is so pretty, such lovely colours..you've reminded me that I haven't made one of these ribbon wreaths for ages! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Patricia I love those ribbons never made one myself but I do think they add a touch of luxury to a card
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!

    This looks amazing Patricia .. .. and what beautiful colours!

    I have never made a ribbon wreath. They look wonderful!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty technique with the ribbon and it makes the card look so elegant... beautiful colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, This card is my favourite colours together, the pleated ribbon wreath is gorgeous. I tried doing this ribbon pleating at one of the shows last year.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty card Patricia and lovely colours. Looking forward to seeing your cabinet in the Tea Rooms. Enjoy your day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi Patricia, gorgeous card, love the lovely colours and layout, that ribbon is beautiful..pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the ribbon wreath and such pretty colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

  16. Good morning big sis. A beautifull ribbon wreath card today. You forgot your camera yesterday did you not have your phone with you???

    Haze xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Patricia. Love the colours of your wreath card, I too have done many of the pleated ribbons following SW instructions. I'm off to have a chest x-ray this morning after coughing for the last 10 weeks. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Patricia. The ribbon wreath looks very pretty and I love the colour.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful ribbon wreath, weather lovely here too. have a good day.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous , it looks like a lot of work to stop the ribbons twisting but might try as it is a lovely effect. I also never remember I have a camera on my phone. Enjoy and relax. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Patricia. I love the braided ribbon technique but it just uses sooo much ribbon. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Evening Patricia
    A lovely card I havent tried this technique before is there a tutorial somewhere please I ordered my project book 2 yesterday cant wait for it to arrive Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous work Patricia,the colours are beautiful. Would never have thought to do this with ribbon in order to make a frame, I love it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing! Saw this technique on You Tube by a lady called Christina Griffiths and thought I have GOT to try this!! Looks soooo pretty and effective!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is very special Patricia and I love your choice of colours for it - even better in non-Christmas colours I think. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete