Thursday, 28 March 2013

"A little bit of Quilling"

Hello and thank you for stopping off at my wee corner of Blogland.  I read all the comments you leave, I really appreciate that you take time to do that.

Was having a rummage this morning and found some Quilling papers as well as loads of other stuff.   I knew I had the stuff but ladies, you what happens don`t you??    We buy things play with it for a while then it gets shoved to the back of the cupboard. 
I decided that "the back of the cupboard" stuff had to be used or turfed out.  Well not exactly turfed out,  I bagged a load up and took it along to the school.   We were along this afternoon to see the Easter Show the school was putting on.   What a great selection of talents from the children.   There are so few of them but they all had something to do.  The inevitable question when it was over was  "Grandpa (never Granny) can we come home to your house for tea".   They were here till 7pm when John took them back along the road.  They have school tomorrow, it is World Book Day, they have to dress up as a character from a book for the day.  Thomas is going as a commando from an old book of his dad`s, I think it was a "Victor" or something like that.   Robert told me what he was going as but I did not quite get it.  I think is must be from one of their modern books that I have not read yet.



Not a card today, but a Tag I made using some of the Quilling papers I found.   I will either mount on a card or just use it as a Tag.
I used some seed beads for the body of the Butterfly.
As you can see I am not really a Quiller but I have had a go.
Boxed the papers and they are back in the cupboard.  They might see the light of day again some time in the future.
That`s it for today

Thank you for popping by, sorry it is nothing too exciting, busy, busy here for some reason.
I wish the world would slow down just a little bit till I catch up!!!!!!

Patricia   xxx
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful tag Patricia, your quilling looks great. I'm sure I've got some papers tucked away somewhere unused but it's not something I have a notion to learn. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag. Quilling always looks so delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilling is something I've never been tempted to try but who knows, the notion may tempt me at some point. I definitely know I don't have any papers. Yours looks pretty good to me.
    Happy crafting and maybe quilling?
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. As ever another piece of beautiful work. Love the tag Patricia, the colours are gorgeous. Have never tried quilling it always looks so delicate, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Patricia, this is gorgeous. Those flowers are stunning!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Patricia, never tried quilling myself but you seem to have mastered it
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful tag Patricia, I love the quilled flowers. I used to do lots of quilling but just don't seem to have the time any more so I have a fair amount of unsed papers stashed away somewhere.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great Patricia. You are absolutely right we crafters do have "fads" that last for a while, until something else comes along. I once bought some stuff to learn to quill but never actually got round to it. Happy Easter. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia the dragonfly looks amazing! I think we all get bees in our bonnets about things don't we? Last time I went to the NEC I got stencils and some glitter paste which looked fab when they were demonstrating but when I got home it stayed in the bag for 6 months and then I didn't like it - don't even know where it is now! I would love the pattern to the bootees Patricia, thank you! I don't think I will be blogging much next week as my family are coming for the week! Have a fab BH weekend hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty tag Patricia and your quilling is fabulous....love your dragonfly
    You are right about fads and I think we all try different crafts...I've given all my quilling bits away now something I won't be revisiting!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quilling was never my thing (didn't float my boat) but luving the quilled flowers xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilled flowers and butterfly look fabulous.
    Happy Easter
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilling, Patricia! I especially love your dragonfly. You are a lady of many talents :)

    Thanks again for your kindness and concern. I've been a bad blogger. I have almost completed my DT work for Monday. I don't like to let anyone down. Got some strong pain meds from my doc. But they make me drowsy. I just wish I could get my scan quicker. They mess about far too long these days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely Patricia, your quilling looks fabulous to me, such pretty flowers and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete