Friday, 22 March 2013

"Altered Cheese Box"

Hello Blog friends how are you all surviving??  For those who have the snow I hope you managing to get about, not so easy is it??  We have had snow showers off and on all day again today.  Not as bad as it has been but still a bit of a pain. 
Thank you for calling in to see me today, I really love to have your company.
I noticed I have yet another new follower, welcome and thank you for joining me here at Summerhouse Crafts.  I feel privileged that you take the time to come in and look at what I have been up to.
Thank you all for your Best Wishes for John.   His knees are fine today, able to walk so much better and a lot less pain.  He has Pain Relieving Gell that Hazel gets for him through her boss.  It really is the most wonderful stuff.   I joke with him, telling him it is Horse Liniment, he always says he does not care, it certainly helps kill the pain.    His thumb is coming on fine, swelling down a lot.  
Now I will tell you what he was doing when he fell...................................I can hear you laughing!!!!!   He was in the woods that run down the side of the house playing "COMMANDOS" with the boys. That`s kind of daft things he does with them, all great fun but I think they forgot how wet it was in there.  There had been a tractor in so there were places with big "ruts" where the wheels had dug into the soft ground.  


I was looking back on previous posts on Rita`s Blog (RGM Creations).     Rita had done an Altered Cheese Box which reminded me of one I had done a while ago so here it is.  



Double or maybe treble Layer Spreading Cheese Box from Lidl.
I painted the whole thing inside and out with cream emulsion paint
I rummaged in all the boxes for lace ribbon and odd Die Cuts
Two layers of Scallop Circle Dies on the lid of the box lightly distressed 
Rose made using SB Classic Circles Dies and Lace Bow
Leaves SB Foliage Die


That`s it for today tomorrow I really, really do hope I get some playtime.
I am getting withdrawal symptoms not being able to play with my Dies and Papers
Thank you for popping in I really Appreciate it

Patricia   xxx




Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. What a pretty box. Really lovely with your usual beautiful flower,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful way to alter a cheese box. I love the colours, pretty lace and of course your wonderful flower.
    I am pleased that John is starting to recover.
    Take care in the snow.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Patricia this is absolutely beautiful, never in a month of Sundays would you ever think that this began life as a cheese box. I do love your flowers, so gorgeous.
    Good to hear John is on the mend. Boys will be boys, have a great weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, what a lovely altered box, gorgeous colours,glad that John is getting better - stay warm, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Patricia, the lace looks gorgeous. Glad John is on the mend...and I'm not laughing ...honest! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Patricia, A great bit of decor on this box and such a good size for a special gift. Just got home and I don't really like driving in the dark at the moment, the constant wet weather has left the road surface so bad. Glad your commando is recovering well. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes this is my kind of project, really into altered art right now....this box is lovely Patricia, now just have to find a cheese box lol.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, my, love what can be done with a cheese box. Amazing project. Glad John is feeling better, boys will be boys no matter how old the are. Maybe it was best cancelling our visit to Inverness the weather is horrid out there.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia this is stunningly beautiful. I have just realised that you have made the rose from the SB circles not even a flower die, its just gorgeous! Snow here this morning which is unusual so you probably got it quite bad. Glad John's knees are getting better. My DH always plays cowboys and indians when his grandchildren come over, well we both do I guess you never grow up!! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Patricia, well this is a beautiful box, love the flower and embellishments.
    glad John is on the mend.
    really bad snow here, wish it would go away.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous box Patricia. The flowers are so pretty and beautiful colours too.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

  12. Big sis will you tell that brother-inlaw of mine to act his age not his shoe size!!! I think the boys are going to have to be told Granddad is not up to these games when it's wet and snowy. Seeing your box again reminds me of the fun the girls had doing theirs, now they are on to the coco tubs, all your fault ha. ha But they are lovely. Hazel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project Patricia! Glad John is improving. Deep snow and drifts here today so unable to get out for the paper. John reads the news, I do the crosswords and puzzles! LOL! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful project - it is amazing how when you start crafting you look at all things in a different way xx I have received my pendant and it is absolutely gorgeous - thank you - I have sent you an e-mail acknowledging receipt xx I may have to visit the supermarket to try and find a cheese box that I can alter xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gale, Thank you for your comment Glad you liked your pendant.

      Patricia xxx

      Delete
  15. A lovely bit of recycling and altering Patricia.. lovely decorations on your box and such gorgeous colours, perfect for that special little gift

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Patricia, your box is absolutely stunning. I do have the larger box in my stash too. So glad to hear that John is feeling better and I hope it continues as pain is a terrible thing. I'm stitching at the minute ,but all will be revealed, hopefully next week at some point. Have a good week-end and keep cosy & warm. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Patricia love that flower it really sets off the box
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, A truly gorgeous little box, would have never believed this started life as a cheese box, brilliant. The flower, as always, is stunning, would never have believed this was from circle die-cuts, either.
    Glad John is feeling better, it is amazing what one little slip can do.
    We have snow aswell here, it was snowing most of the night yesterday and keeps trying with little flurries now, yuck, and it's supposed to be spring now, someone has their nature clocks wrong ha ha !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    Your altered cheese box looks gorgeous. I love the beautiful guipure lace trim and rose.
    Sorry to hear that John had a nasty fall, but pleased to hear that he is improving.
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. The reason I haven't been blogging is.....Since we lost Cookie, I have been feeling really depressed, and completely lost my creative mojo. I went to see my doctor and told him I was also having a lot of pain in my spine. He found a large lump, so I am waiting to go for a scan. I am still doing a bit of crafting, but it's uncomfortable, so just doing a bit at a time. I will try to get something completed and on my blog by next week.
    Thanks again, Patricia it was lovely of you to ask how I was xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a smashing makeover for the cheese box, love it!!! Glad there is progress for the wounded soldier :0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia, Just popping over to say thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.
    Love this altered cheese box, so pretty and such lovely embellishments.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous Patricia, loving the lace and the flowers are beautiful!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a beautiful makeover and i love this cheesbox now with the pretty flower.
    hugs to you and a nice week.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!!!!! Patricia, this is so beautiful.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Gorgeous Patricia! What a Wonderful way to re-purpose the cheesebox!! Wow! It will make a lovely trinket holder! Anyone would be thrilled to have this Beauty! 8-) So glad to hear John is doing better! LOL Boys will be boys, no matter what their age is, lol ;-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete