Thursday, 21 March 2013

"Kindness means so much"

Hello folks, well once again another day of terrible SNOW showers, Ahhhhh!!!
Oh! I am so sick of this weather.........................plus it has not been the best of days here.
Took John along to the Doctors to see about his thumb.  Thankfully no broken bones just very badly staved , and rather mushed up.
I am sorry if I have not got round to your Blog to leave a comment, I will catch up soon.   
Sorry!!  I forgot to welcome my new followers, thank you so much for choosing to call in on my wee corner of  Blogland.  I really love that you found me, if I can share even one thing that gives you a little inspiration I will be very happy.   I love looking on on other blogs, there is so much wonderful talent out there.
John is slowing recovering from his nasty fall yesterday.  His knees are very sore, not able to run around..........................!!! He has to get up and walk about every so often to save his knees locking, that`s a bit of a struggle.  
We are managing to have a laugh about the whole situation.  We keep thinking about what the boys will have told the teachers at school.  Being at such a tiny school the teachers are part of the community, they get told all the secrets!!!.  The boys will be in there telling the teachers (all 2 of them) about how their Mummy was taking Grandpas jeans off.  Audrey being a Midwife has no inhibitions when it comes to things like that, I was so glad of her help.   We all get on so well John did not bother, actually at that point I think he was only too glad of any help.
I have not managed to make many cards these past few days.   Made a few pendants, all packed up and away.
I made this card for Hazel and I to say "Thank You"  for all your interest and support.


Base card SB Decorative Labels Eight cut in white Centura Pearl
Placed the next Die in the set on the card at the same time to create the frame for the front
The back of the card is the whole label, approx 3/4 of an inch down I score and bend before attaching to the front frame, this gives you a hinge to open and close the card.
Background paper, downloaded from a NitWit collection
Rose made from same paper 
Green card from the Bit Box for the leaves using SB Foliage Die 
Creative Expressions sentiment stamp cut using a small Labels Die lightly distressed in the Die

That`s it for today
Thank you for taking time to call by I really appreciate it

Patricia   xxx







Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia gorgeous labels die and pretty papers. Hope John recovers soon.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours and great design Patricia, what a pickle this weather is getting people in and you missing your trip as well. Glad John hasn't broken anything although staved thumbs can take some healing. When our kids started school the teacher said they don't believe half of the stories the kids tell them and would appreciate if we did likewise. Of course we heard stories we shouldn't as our middle daughter was a fluent lip reader before starting school. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Patricia, I love that die. Hope John is able to get around better tomorrow. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Patricia. Such a lovely sentiment and gorgeous flower.
    I hope that John recovers soon and that your weather improves too.
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Wonderful backing paper and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia what a pretty card, Hazel will love it I'm sure the lucky girl! I hope your husband is soon back up on his feet. I think we have more bad weather forecast for today! Take care, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Patricia
    Poor John, I hope he gets well soon. I have arthritis in my knee and hip (and fingers) and was helping (my) John with the hedge trimming for a few days - lots of hedge. Boy am I suffering now. Going up and down stairs is a trial - and our lounge is upstairs!!!! I do spend a lot of time in the kitchen anyway with the log burner so it's not a hardship. But I feel so sorry for John!!!! Your card is gorgeous! I have just got a couple of dies which I will be trying out today. We have so much snow this morning that after I have done my shopping (as long as I can get up the hills) I will be sttling in to play with a couple of new dies. Have a good day.
    Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, I love this little 'Thank You' card, love the dies used and the gorgeous background paper, brilliant sentiment.
    I do hope John get's better soon, poor lamb, I can just imagine the 'tales' being told at school ha ha.
    Keep warm and safe in this terrible weather, we have got snow coming down now and I need to go to the crematorium this morning in Bolton (miles away), I hate driving at the best of times, yuck.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Patricia, beautiful card, dies are stunning as is your design.
    The weather sounds horrendous down your way. We seem to have a weather system all of our own probably because we're sheltered by the mountains. Very cold and windy this morning.
    John will have to take things easy, just as well your visit was canceled, , you couldn't have left him. Take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, this is a beautiful thank you card, love the rose and embellishments you have use, bad weather here this morning, snow and so cold.
    hope John improves soon, sorry do not know what staved means?, but does sound bad.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia. Sorry to hear about John,at least it has been see to and hopefully he makes a good recovery, the pain must be awful. I love your card, its just so stunning. Funnily enough I was just trying it out last night after visiting Becca. Keep Warm and Take Care. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Patricia. The base die looks fan and I love the pretty flowers.
    I hope John recovers soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi found your blog via sue wilsons blog I love looking at blogs that use sb,its lovely to see.how everyone else uses them, your card is stunning beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh love this, so pretty and delicate!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete