Sunday, 3 March 2013

"The Tilted Teapot"

Hello Blog friends, I really can not believe that we have had fantastic weather over the weekend.   For us that is a whole week of very Spring like days.  There are Snowdrops and Crocus in abundance all over the place, it is beautiful.   I do hope you all have had the same, it makes you feel so much better.  When you meet people they "smile".   If any of you are feeling a bit poorly I send you a big HUG and hope you feel better soon.
Day 1 & 2 went very well at the  "The Tilted Teapot" tearoom.  John, Thomas and I went along on Saturday approx 10.30am.  There were 3 sets of 2 people having coffee and cake.  They were new faces, not friends who had popped in to see what it was like.  When we were there some other friends did come as well as some more new customers.  Elaine text. me Saturday and this evening to tell me they had done very well and are delighted.  Having a good start always helps, she said it will probably not be busy during the week.  I really don`t know, there is not anywhere to stop for coffee between Perth and Coupar Angus (20miles)   Even then you have to go off the bypass, the coffee shop is in the bakers and only 3 tables.
My card is the one I made and we took along with some flowers for opening their new venture.  


Base card is Centura Pearl cut using the largest Die in Spellbinder Circles one set
Some backing paper cut using next Die down in the set
House mouse image die cut using the next Die down in the set
Butterfly and Teapot charms from my stash
I cut a Teabag from a big teabag and re-assembled it
Added some bakers twine a "The Tilted Teapot" tag 

That`s it for today 
Hopefully now I have a little more time I will get back to some crafting
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate you stopping to look 

Patricia   xx


Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Patricia. The perfect choice of image and I love the personalised tea bag.
    I agree, it makes so much difference when the weather is nice. I love this time of year and it always makes me so happy to see snowdrops in bloom.
    I am so pleased to hear that Elaine's business is doing well.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant card Patricia. Glad the coffee shop got off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love that cute image & wonderful design... so glad to Hear the Tea shop is doing great.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Patricia! Love the image and the Spellbinders you used go so well together.
    Great news about the tearoom doing well...long may it continue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for the occasion Patricia, it's gorgeous. Pleased things went well for your friend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Patricia, such a great image and embellishing for the ocassion. Hopefully the venture will be a success and your friend doesn't get stressed and you get back to relaxed crafting. Enjoy the better weather. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the venture has started off well Patricia and the card is a lovely contribution it all goes together so well.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear theTearoom is going well and you have made the perfect card for the opening. The dos and me are enjoying this dry weather and of course the sun.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a gorgeous card Patricia some of my favourite images HM I really must use mine! Glad the tearoom is off to a good start! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Patricia great image and I love how you've layered your card
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Patricia. Love those circle dies. More "wants"!!!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, Lovely, lovely card, the attention to detail you do with your cards, even to cutting down a teabag and re-assembling it in miniature, amazing. This card is stunning. So glad the opening went well at the tearoom.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Patricia, lovely card, glad the opening went well.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Patricia,
    Lovely card, glad the tearoom opening went well. I must get some of those dies but sadly will have to wait as moving costs come first never mind Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Patricia, what a lovely card and just right for the Tearoom. So pleased it all went well, and I hope many more days of busyness.
    I sat last night and typed in an email, was almost finished when I lost the whole thing. I didn't have the energy to begin all over again, but I will today. have a good day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Patricia, really apt for the opening of Elaine's tearoom. I'm so glad all went well and I'm sure it will do really well on such a long stretch of road. Are you going to the SECC on Thursday by any chance. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card Patricia, I'm a big House Mouse fan but for some reason haven't made any since Christmas..must remedy that..glad all went well with the tea room! Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Patricia. The image is so sweet and I love the shape and pretty dies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Patricia and just love those dies...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhh this is gorgeous Patricia! Me thinks I need some large embossing dies! Blimey my list is getting longer by the day!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete