Friday, 12 April 2013

Almost a Winner

Hello Blog friends, welcome to my little corner of Blogland once again.  Thank you for taking the time to pop into see me as often as you do,  I really appreciate it.  Welcome to any one who has come to visit for the first time, great to have you here.  If you have time please leave a little comment that way I can link back to see what you get up to.
Elaine was here last night, she has been busy phoning all the people who have asked to rent her space for "Crafting Classes".  She has set up a meeting for Tuesday and says she needs me there.  I will be doing a few Card Making Classes, it will just be fitting them all in the Diary.   Elaine has a fantastic space, a fair amount of daylight but also loads of electric light.   She wants to get as many classes up and running A.S.A.P. she is paying rent on the space so any classes will help supplement that.  

My Card for today was "Almost a Winner" it came second in the Mothers Day Competition in the Making Cards Magazine.  The prizes are from Stamping Up I have won Second Prize I am so delighted.  Do not know what I have won but the fact I have won something makes me happy.  I have posted this card before when I entered it into the  "Mothers Day"  challenge at  In The Pink.


Base card is pre-scored 8x8 scalloped edged card
Two shades of pink Core-Denations card stock for matting and layering
Stripped and Floral papers from a Tilda Paper Stack

Roses made using the Tilda Papers and SB Blossom Five Die
Leaves SB Foliage and Crealies Dies
Tag Cut using SB Tags Die a pearl from my stash
Organza Ribbon from my Ribbon Box

 Making Cards do not inform you that you have won.   I did not know till I opened the Magazine when it came in the post at lunch time.   I entered the competition 2 years ago, I came in second then as well.  Might enter next year and see where that takes me. 

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by

Patricia   xxx
 








Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, Patricia and a definite winner...well done! I hope your prize is something really special.

    Enjoy a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty card and a real winner in my book....perfect for me in every way... pink flowery and ribbons xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Patricia. Your card is stunning. I hope you have won something nice!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Patricia, a worthy winner - hope you enjoy your prize when it arrives. Have a great weekend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, maybe next time you will get first place, you deserve it. This card is gorgeous, so pretty in pink. Love the flowers in he stripe paper. Hope you get some great playthings as your prize.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done this card should have got first prize in my eyes .hap,py playing when your prize turns up .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, can't fathom out why your card didn't come first, it's gorgeous. I love your flowers and the fabulous shades of pink.
    Have a great time with the prize, and so well done on being published, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Well done - hope your prize is something nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Patricia this card is absolutely stunning and agree with Melanie it should have got first prize. Many congratulation on your success and enjoy your goodies. Love your style of creations, Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Patricia.
    Congratulations, enjoy your prize!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

  11. Another In your comfort zone cards!!! Big sis, loved this when you posted it for Mother's Day.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done & well deserved xx it is a luvly card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Patricia, love the very beautiful design & details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, Wow, congratulations and really well done, this is a definite 'Winner' for me. Brilliant that you have come 2nd in both years, hopefully next year you will be No. 1. Did they show the card from the Winner ? It surely can't be any better than this one of yours. I find it really strange that the magazine hasn't contacted you, personally, with the good news. Your prize will be all the lovelier, with the anticipation, enjoy it when it arrives, you really deserve it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Patricia. Quite an achievement. It really is a beautiful card - so much your style. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations with your prize, I hope it will be something nice and seeing your own card in a magazine sounds great to me! Your card is beautiful! Lovely papers, design and fab flower arrangement! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    congrats on a such well deserved win. I am not surprised this beautiful card was a winner it's so superbly created as are all your creations.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and a well deserved winner!xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia

    Well done .. .. what a fabulous card.

    I have been having a good catch up on your blog as there is so much I have missed.

    Brilliant news to know you are still getting lots of orders through for the Pendants.

    Your craft classes sound exciting too. Well done.

    Hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoo Hoo Congratulations Patricia!!!!!! Your card is a winner in my eyes, I Love It!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card Patricia, no wonder it was a success. Well done, hope your prize comes soon.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning sweetie, this is so gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Wow Wow Patricia. This looks like a winner in my eyes. Huge Congratulations. The elements on your card are so perfect and I love it. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woww,woww,wowww Patricia love your color combo,,,, what a grogeus pink card,,,,and so adorable little birds......,Thanks for your comments at Jenny Blog (pushingtherightbutton) about my Bird picts,,,,,so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff for free....e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete