Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Gingham, Spots & Roses

Hello folks, I hope the sun shone for you today.  It did here, in the sun there was "Heat" it was fantastic, I truly think Spring might be round the corner.
Thank you so much for taking time to visit me today.  I enjoy having you here, love all your comments, I read them all.
I popped into see Elaine in the Tearoom on my way back from Perth, ended up working for a couple of hours.   They were run of their feet, I am so pleased for them but also worried about my friend, Elaine looks so tired.  They have a 17 year old school girl in to help from 11am till 3pm which is easing the load.  They cannot afford to "employ" someone, apart from the wages there are so many rules, regulations and other things that come into employing a person.
I have in my Diary that I am in "full time" helping Elaine on a Saturday in a couple of weeks time.  I certainly will have to wear more sensible footwear that day.  I had boots with quite a high heel on today and by great my feet were sore by the time I had finished.


My card today is well within my comfort zone once again.  As you all know I love making flowers for my cards, that`s what makes me happy.

Base card is 7 x 5 cream card stock
Blue spot and yellow gingham paper printed from a Rob Adams CD
I covered the card with blue spot paper
Mounted a piece of the gingham onto card the same as the base card to fit along the middle
I made the roses and rose buds using SB Blossom Five Die and 160gsm cream paper/card
I very lightly dusted the edges of the roses with Aged  Mahogany distress ink 
Leaves cut from the spot paper using SB Foliage die, Crealies Die and a Punch for the fern type leaves.

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate it

Patricia   xxx

21 comments:

  1. Ho Patricia. Yes seeing the sun today was great and certainly cheered me up although it was still cold in the shade. Pleased to hear the Elaine's tearoom is doing well but it is hard work. Love your card and of course your flowers. Have been busy making a lot of the same cards for Get Wells, Birthdays and wedding anniversaries. Have not bothered posting them all as the theme is much the same only the colours and sentiment are different. Take care

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Patricia. I love the colours, and your roses are assembled and arranged beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another lovely card, i think I need to "retire" just so I can make cards, although the NHS has different ideas about when I can finish work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card love these colours together .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Patricia. Your flowers really are so beautiful and I love the colors and papers you have used.
    Let's hope Spring really is on the way!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely as usual Patricia, the colours are so good together, and what can I say about your roses--, simply beautiful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely card Patricia love the colours and flowers
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mix of colours and patterns Patricia. And of course gorgeous roses.

    Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, I truly love this card, lovely colours together, gorgeous flowers, I really must get this CD as I'm really loving the ginghams and spots, gorgeous.
    So glad Elaine's tearoom is doing well, I had a mental picture in my head of you with your high heels on yesterday running around serving, you will have to take a pair of flatties around with you, in future ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers and colours Patricia. Very pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always a beautiful card Patricia, love your colour combo. And yes it's lovely to see the sun again! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey sweetie, WOW this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    superb card as always. Love the gingham and spots. The colours are very refreshing, and those roses are fan dabby dozy. I seem to have lost my touch for making roses.
    Everyone I seem to make lately is a complete failure. I bought some new dies at the Nec to do 3 different sizes of roses that the seller was demonstrating, but I'm blowed if I can make them work for me.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful spring card Patricia. Love the choice of paper for it. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card Patricia, love the colours you have used, never seem to use CD`s these days, fabulous flowers arrange beautifully
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers on this pretty card:0) Hope your feet have recovered now :0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and gorgeous flowers...lovely colours Patricia

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Paricia, what a lovely card - super colours and such pretty flowers, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patrica, Love your card the colours are wonderful...Gorgeous flowers & I love the design...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paying a quick visit to say hello. A beautiful card again and I love those flowers. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete