Saturday, 6 April 2013

"Little Boxes"

Hello!! I am still here, not lost without trace.  
I am afraid the world caught up with me last week and I just had to get down to some serious "Housework"
Thank you for bearing with me and calling back to see what I have been up to.

Very quick post we are off out with John, Audrey and the boys for a trip to Lunan Bay............to the beach!!  They have two dogs, they love to be free to run wild along this beautiful beach.  Note to myself!!! Remember your camera........................
It is a beautiful day if extremely cold, but Hey! Ho! they sky is blue, the sun is shining and there is actually a heat in the sun. 
Yesterday I had a little time to play, made some boxes for my Cabinet at the Tearoom.  These are one of the best sellers.  The Pendants, brooches and Big Bead Necklaces then boxes.  Lagging behind are cards.  I have sold quite a few but nothing in comparison with the rest.
I know my cards are very dimensional, I think people buy them if they are handing them over.  If they have to be posted they think about the cost of the postage.  I do keep the boxes for the cards the size to post as large letter. 

Here are the boxes I made yesterday:-


I have made them different shapes and sizes.

This is the top of the tall box.  
I was quite pleased that I could use this pretty button for the top.
I have had it in my box for ages, keep looking at it saying "I will be able to use this some day"
The tops for the boxes are all made using SB Dies, from various sets.

That`s it for today
Thank you once again for calling by I really do appreciate it

Patricia   xxx

22 comments:

  1. Very pretty boxes Patricia. Hope you enjoy your day at the beach. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely selection of pretty boxes, Patricia.
    A trip to the beach sounds wonderful! Hope you had a lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous boxes are beautiful Patricia, I am not surprised that the sell so well.
    I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach and that the sun stay shining for a while.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These boxes are darling! Very creative and sweet, not to mention....useful for gift-giving. Who doesn't need a beautiful trinket box? Love this idea!

    If you get a chance, I'd love to have you stop by and share with us at Word Art Wednesday - always Anything Goes. I'd LOVE having you share any of your wonderful projects in our challenges. Hope to see you soon. www.wordartwednesdasy.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your boxes Patricia - not a surprise they are selling well. Know exactly what you mean about cards - I'm having to think carefully about how to add dimension without height/weight! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do make beautiful boxes Patricia and these are no exception
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty boxes Patricia ..it is problem with dimensionals on cards now with postage being so high...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trio of beautiful boxes Patricia. Love the button. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia, Gorgeous boxes, you have a great feel for colours. Hope you enjoyed your trip to the beach and wrapped up warm.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful boxes Patricia, glad you are still selling them, bet they are not in your cabinet very long, pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore boxes and should make more of them, love these that you have made, I'm sure they'll sell fast.
    Cheers and happy crafting,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Patricia, such beautiful boxes, I can see they would sell, wonderful dies.
    Well snow started last night and we have our visitors, really I could weep, it's a horrible morning, oh well, that's life.
    Have a good Sunday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful bxs love the different sizes .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your boxes are beautiful Patricia. Thank you for your kind words on my Blog today too. Have a happy and creative Sunday. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Patricia, I'm not surprised they are best sellers, these boxes are beautiful. I love making boxes too, but just never seem to have the time :( Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, Hope you had a fabulous time with the family at the beach... I can see why these are bestsellers your boxes are Gorgeous.. Love the design & colours...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sweetie, these are gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful boxes Patricia. We have so much in common as I love making boxes for things too. I bet the boys enjoyed your company too,beaches are lovely at anytime of year, as long as your well wrapped up. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, Beautiful boxes, lovely that you are selling lots at the tearoom. I hope you had a good day at the beach, and the doggies enjoyed themselves silly, they will be 'ready for bed' tonight ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had a wonderful day at the beach! Your boxes are beautiful, love that SB die and the pretty button.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, what a lovely and gorgeous boxes you made.
    pretty dies and papers,
    greetings from Ann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely Beautiful Patricia!xx

    ReplyDelete