Friday, 19 April 2013

"Positive & Negative"

Hello Blog friends, I think "spring" has come to this part of the country at long last.  We have had a wonderful day, the sun shone, the air was warm, the washing was hung outside and it dried completely.
A very quick post the boys have been here for tea, Grandpa picked them up from school, they love that.  John has taken them back home, they wanted to stay but I am up early and off to Inverness in the morning.  Goodness knows when John will be back when John Jnr and him get together they can chat all evening.
Hazel, my friend Elaine and myself are going up to Inverness to meet Kate (Cullisocks).  We are all going to NEC in Birmingham in November.   We hope to get a few meet ups in before then but this is our very first, face to face meeting, all very exciting.  We had this planned a few weeks past but had to call off because the road was blocked with snow.   If we get a day like today it will be a stunning journey up to Inverness.

Today`s card is made from the waste after Die cutting the foliage image.
I used other bits from my "bundle" for the rest of the card
I think the Die is a Cheery Lynn Die it is a purple Die 
Base card approx 31/2 x 5 perfect to pop in with a gift
Piece of Black card
Cream card I Die cut another piece of foliage from, then cut the foliage to fit how I wanted it.
A rose made from another scrap of the cream card, lightly brushed over with some Distress ink just to highlight the tips of the leaves.   I made the rose using SB Blossom Five

That`s it for today off to get my bits and pieces ready for an early start tomorrow.  I will pick up Elaine then meet Hazel.   All aboard the bus for a good old chat on the 2 hour journey up to Inverness.

Thank you calling by my little corner of Blogland I really appreciate that you take the time to visit.

Patricia  xxx





  
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Marvellous card Patricia. Such a good idea to use the positive and the negative at the same time. Have a lovely day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Patricia, another stunning card from your good self. So elegant and the dies are lovely.

    Enjoy the journey tomorrow!!, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Patricia, lovely design and colour
    enjoy your day out tomorrow
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design of this card Patricia ..have a great day out

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very elegant card Patricia. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous way to use that Cheery Lynn die and I love the flower.
    So glad that your weather has finally improved
    I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow meeting up with Kate
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, what an elegant card so simple but effective. Enjoy your day.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant Patricia, have a lovely day
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a great idea Patricia! I think I might be "borrowing" it! It is Fanciful Flourish, a gorgeous die. Hope you all have a great day today, and looking forward to seeing you in November - even though that's quite a time away yet!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple yet genius (as the best things often are). Love this Patricia. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Patricia love how you used the negative! Have a wonderful day today, sounds divine! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a simple but elegant card xx luv it xx I don't think there is any better therapy than meeting up with friends for a good chinwag - enjoy xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Patricia, love the gorgeous die. Great idea.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty and elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so elegant - love it!
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    stunning card. Love the idea, and that lovely die.
    I hope you are enjoying your day out. I really loved Inverness shopping center, when we went quite a few years ago, and the journey there is so beautiful. It will be stunning on a bus as you are up higher and can see more.
    I have just made a wedding card using the lattice die cut you did for me. Thank you so much as I think the card has come out very beautiful with it.
    Have a wonderful day out.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the style of your card with the die shadow and flourish on the outside. Boy you make gorgeous cards from waste! lol Love this one too.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning to say its out of waste so talanted .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, Loving this card, no-one would ever believe that it was the negative, you have compiled it beautifully, simple but sooooooo elegant, it is gorgeous.
    I hope you have had a brilliant day in Inverness.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Patricia, Beautiful design... Have a great time meeting up with your blog friend & enjoy Inverness.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete