Monday, 29 April 2013

"The Wilted Waitess"

Hello Blog friends, great to have you come and visit, I really love when you pop by look at what I have been up to and leave a comment.
Have to say Hi! to Gemma who has commented on my Blog.  She has been trying to do this since she bought some of our Pendants.  
You have done it, thank you for persevering it is not easy when you are not good with computers.  I have said it quite a few times, I am hopeless on the computer.   I really do not know how I ever got this Blog up and running.  
I am glad I did, I have learnt so much and seen so many beautiful creations along the way. 
Well folks that`s my spell at the "Tilted Teapot" tearoom over for now.  I loved doing it, I have really enjoyed working with my friend Elaine.  We have been very, very busy and still managed to have a few laughs along the way.  We have had nothing but wonderful customers which has been a BIG bonus for me, I don`t do grumpy people.  At this point in time I am a rather "Wilted Waitress".    I am Posting this card then off to have a shower, put on my PJs and sit with my feet up.

.

Today`s card was made the same time as the one I posted on the  Sketch n Stash Challenge
I did this one first but thought it was rather pale so did the other one which I submitted

Base card 5 x 7 approx Centura Pearl 
White card embossed using a SB Embossing Folder which I inked before embossing
Pieces af card from a Tilda Paper Stack
SB Floral Oval Die cut
Roses using SB Blossom Five
Leaves a Crealies Die
Ribbon and pearl from my stash


Gemma asked what paper/card I used for my Roses.....................  
The min weight I would use is 120gsm.  I prefer 160gsm up to 250gsm, I use any scraps of anything I have, it is just trial and error.   
If you check my Post for 7th November 2012 I have a "Tutorial" for the Roses.  The secret is to really "mash" the paper to make it more pliable.  Do not be frighted to play with the paper.  It is only paper if you make a mistake just try again.  I was making these roses long before Spellbinder brought out the fancy edged Dies, I used the Classic Circle Dies.

That`s it for today folks
Thank you for calling by I promise I will get round to seeing you all tomorrow, till then Happy Crafting

Patricia   xxx

 


Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Lovely card Patricia love the pale colours
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello "Wilted Waitress" LMAO, love that, very funny! Glad you had a good time! I'm back catching up on posts! Beautiful card Patricia, love those roses!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another really luvly card and glad you enjoyed your stint as a waitress - luv the name of the tea-shop xx enjoy your 'retirement' xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, this is such a pretty card. Sorry I've been a horrible blog friend lately, I visit but have such little time these days, the visits are super quick which doesn't leave me time to comment. I'll try to do better!

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello wilted waitress, lol! You have been busy lately, but it's lovely that you're helping out at the cafe. Sorry I've not been around for a while, but life took over and I don't know where the time has gone. Just had look back at your cards and they are all as beautiful as ever...including todays!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Patricia. Fabulous embossing and a lovely design, topped off with your gorgeous flowers.
    Enjoy a rest now!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Waitress, may I have a pot of coffee and some scones please. Ha Ha though I would keep your hand in. Beautiful card once more and love that embossing folder, not to self, try inking embossing folder.

    Bet you are glad your stint is over, can be hard graft.

    Take Care

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Patricia. You certainly make the most beautiful floral bouquet's that I've seen on cards. Just you enjoy some me time now after your turn in the tearoom. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card again Patricia. Enjoy your rest - you deserve it! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the delicate colours and your flowers of course. The inked embossing looks so pretty.
    I hope you have a well deserved rest now, it must have been nice to help Elaine out and I bet she really appreciated it too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia

    How lovely is this?!?!?

    A gorgeous colour combo and another stunning embossed background.

    I am pleased you enjoyed your spell at the tearoom. Have a well earned rest now.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, love the embossing and those gorgeous flowers.
    Have a well earned rest tomorrow, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Patricia, your flowers are always so beautiful...I don't have the patience to sit and make my own! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Patricia. Love the flowers and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning love those Tilda papers .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    another of your superb cards with your beautiful roses.
    I love that embossing folder used on it, and those roses are as usual so superb.
    I hope you have had good rest overnight, and are no longer the wilted waitress. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Patricia. I have been staring at the beautiful roses up close and admiring them I am really going to have to give it a serious go, maybe today! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Patricia, WOW, love this card, love the letter press embossing, the background paper is beautiful done this way, and the roses, as always, are magnificent.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Patricia just stunning! Everything about it is my cup of tea, no pun intended. Glad you enjoyed your time with Elaine, well done you! Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful, elegant card with lovely flowers! Stunning!! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Patricia, fabulous layout and beautiful flowers
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Patricia, I adore your flowers..Beautiful design & colours.. Love it! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Patricia, another stunning card, so pretty glad you enjoyed Waitressing for a short while, time now for rest lol - Smiles Jean P x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the way the inking has really made that background special Patricia. And of course your flowers are gorgeous as ever. Hope you have a lovely weekend, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete