Thursday, 9 May 2013

"Best Wishes"

Hello folks, hope your day has been a good one!  
Weather here was OK till lunch time then it started to rain on then off.    A real pain for the washing although I did get most of it dry before then.

Doing the dreaded "housework" today, I actually enjoy doing it to be honest.   Hazel and I go away in 3 weeks and I want everything spot on and up to date before I go.  Gutted our bedroom, emptied out all the drawers, wardrobes and dumped all that stuff we keep "just in case"..................."in case of what???".  Two big black bags ready for re-cycling.   On to the spare room where I sorted out the boys clothes that are kept here.  Big pile for Isobel, her Grandchildren who are just that bit younger,  fine for them to play out in.   Our boys both need new trainers, Thomas more jeans, that laddie grows like Rhubarb!!!   I want so that John only has to keep the Lounge, Bedroom and the Kitchen spick and span while I am away.  His office he deals with himself anyway apart from when I really clean it once a month.  He absolutely dreads that he is so fussy has his own wee way of doing things.  Oh! Goodness! who am I to talk..................if its not done my way it is not done right!!!!   I am telling you this before Hazel makes a comment to tell what I have just told you.


Card today is one I did some time ago for a couple who were going through a rough time.  Just wanted to send them a Bucket full of "Best Wishes"  I can`t remember if I have posted it before  ... no indication of the actual photo............typical, just typical.  I could not be bothered looking back all the posts to find out, I apologise now if I have shown it.

Base card 8x8
Pink card stock
Paper I had in a box don`t know where from
Image is a D`Arcy`s Diary Digital image I have had for quite a while
Coloured using a combination of Promarkers and Copics
Computer generated sentiment
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, have whole big box that I new I had but never really use them
Pink American Seam Binding for the bow



A few of you have commented on the "Inking" of the Embossing Folders
I ink mine using my Brayer and a Splodge Mat.  The ink really spreads well on the mat and seems to go on to the Folder much easier.  I run the Brayer over the "De-bossed" side of the folder quite a few times just make sure it is covered.   If you are using a paler ink this is important as you can`t see the pale ink on some of the opaque plastic folders.   If the result is to dark just run another piece of paper through a second time. 
I actually experimented with lots of different inks and found that Ariondakes are the best for this.
I had loads of bits that were good, some really terrible.   I salvaged bits from the bad lot, made some little Gift Cards that I have sold at the Tearoom quite cheaply.
I hope you do try this it is another way to get use out of your folders and it looks rather nice.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for calling by today I really appreciate you take the time to do that.
Till next time

Patricia xxx

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Patricia. The image is so sweet and coloured beautifully. I love the papers and the way you have arranged your flowers
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Patricia. You certainly have been busy. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Patricia, love the image an dyour floral arrangements are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, I am visiting you because of your nice comment you left on my blog. Your card is beautiful, love the image and the bucket full of wishes is a great idea for the theme. I love your other cards, those die cuts and flower combinations are beautiful. Happy Mother's day
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Patricia, what a lovely card and again gorgeous composition of flowers. Lovely image and beautifully coloured.
    A good clear out is good for the spirit, should be doing it myself, have a great day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Patricia. Sweet sentiment. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patricia! Lovely image and layout! Have a good weekend! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Patricia

    A beautiful card. Love the cute image and your gorgeous colour combo.

    Sounds like you are super busy on the house clearing front .. .. I should probably take a leaf out of your book .. .. but no chance!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was spooky Patricia! We both commented at exactly the same time!!!

    I promise it is there .. .. in fact it was easier than I meant it to be LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sweetie, absolutely gorgeous as always, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia, tried to comments last night, but all I got was a blank space, well here now.
    your card is beautiful, love the image and layout.
    think I will have to start a clear out, just need some spare time.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, A truly beautiful card, loving the image. Thank you for the tips on the inking embossing folders, will deffo be giving this a try.
    Boy, you have certainly been 'gutting' by the amount you have to give away !! I had my second lot of bedding on the line yesterday when it started raining, and it is raining again today, but on the plus side, I don't have to water my 're-seeded' grass at the front ha ha, one day it was 22 degrees and the next day 8 degrees !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your card and the image is just great with beautiful colouring. I also admire your Paisly card below.
    Lia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luvly card and would be nice for a female teenager xx clearing out is a good feeling but unfortunately I really do not like cleaning (but always feel smug with myself when I do it) I am gearing up to give my craft room (daughters ex bedroom) a good 'fettle' cos I really need to see exactly what I have accumulated over the years - I am sure there will be things that I have completely forgotten about and things I know that I have but don't know where they are xx hope the rain is holding off for you today xx have a lovely weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fab card and sentiment. I shall put the embossing folder colouring on my list of things to do but way up in front of that clearing out. I'll get there one day. We have had buckets of rain this afternoon. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Patricia this is such a beautiful card! Love the flower arrangement and your colouring is awesome!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete