Tuesday, 21 May 2013

"Flowers but NOT Roses"

Hello Blog friends thank you for popping by today. 
I have a new follower yet again............................Hazel, my sister.  Yes! I know most of you know she comments on my Blog.  I keep telling her she should create a Blog to show all the wonderful things she does.  Unfortunately I do not have a clue how I ever managed to create mine.   I am a No.1 Numptie as far as the computer goes.  I feel terrible that I cant just go over to her house and tell her what to do.   However I am sure while we are away together with no interruptions we might manage it between us. 
Hazel has made this amazing "Beer Cake"  ......   no, no there is no beer in the recipe.  It looks for all the world like a novelty cake, cake!!!   Inside there is a central tin full of goodies this is surrounded by "Tins of Beer" all decorated to look like a cake.  I am not saying any more in hope that between us we will be able to show you her latest "Masterpiece".  If Hazel does not manage to create her Blog this week I will photograph it and show it on here before we go.
Today's card is another using the "inking of the folder" technique.
I inked the "positive" side this time rather than the "negative" it gives a slightly different effect.  You see it better when you have the two pieces side by side. 


Base card 6 x 6 white card stock
Lilac card stock
White card inked with TH Distress Ink Dusty Concord
White card Die Cut with SB Heart Squares Die.  I cut out the centre using SB Classic Squares
Flowers a Martha Stewart Punch, using the lilac card.  Foliage a Memory Box Die

Isobel my friend and neighbour is "Over the Moon with excitement" her future DIL has just won a Gold medal at Chelsea, in the "Young Florist" category   She won Silver Guilt last year and only 23.  I am so delighted for Paula she works very hard and just loves working with flowers. 

Thank you for calling by today, I really appreciate you doing that and for all the lovely comments you leave.  I love read them all 
That`s it for today

Patricia   xxx




Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Patricia. I love the pretty colours. The flowers are really stunning. Looking forward to seeing Hazel' s cake. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Well I have got as far with this blog setting up that when you go on my name it shows what my blog will be called, but oh boy it keeps telling me it's sorry there is and error, but I will keep going.
    Another great card big sis.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Patricia. I love the delicate inking of the embossing and the design is so beautiful.
    Hazel's beer cake sounds amazing!!
    Well done to your friend's DIL, that is such a fabulous achievement.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created, Patricia. I love your embossing, the colours and your pretty florals x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous creation Patricia, love the pretty colour. Well done to Paula too, what an achievement. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Patricia. Very elegant. Love the colours. Well done to Paula - a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is fabulous Patricia esp the cute little flowers and love the embossing.
    Cheers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia,
    Just soooo pretty, really liking your background, you have the knack of letterpressing, mine is always smudged. I have just left a message on Hazels blog, it was a nice surprise to see it this morning, get your heads together, you will do it. I will e-mail you later.
    Have a lovely day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty Patricia. Of course it helps that you have used my favourite colour! Good luck to Hazel with the set up. Oh boy, I remember trying to sort out mine love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty love your backing paper and vine die
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Patricia love the lilac! A beer cake sounds very intriguing I am sure it is easy to set up a blog I seem to remember doing mine on a whim one night! Congratulations to your friend's daughter how talented she must be! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly embossed Patricia and your flowers look gorgeous!! Love those lilacs, they're so pretty! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning sweetie this is just stunning I love the colour choice too, perfect in every way huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous patricia, love the dies and the shade of lilac.
    Well done to Paula, i would love to be able to arrange flowers, mine always look "stuck in".

    Blogger gives some instructions re setting up the blog, I just cant remember how I did mine, but I remember I was near demented trying to do it. Stick at it though, two heads are better than one, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Patricia and I love this technique

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a luvly, fresh looking card xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, Hazel's beer cake sounds amazing, can't wait to see that. I love your lilac card today, just love the faux letterpress effect with the embossing folder, I still haven't plucked up courage to try it yet.
    What a fantastic surprise for Isobel's daughter, lets face it Silver Gilt at Chelsea FS is brilliant but to get a Gold this year, fan-blooming-tastic, and so well done, I bet Isobel is brimming over with pride.
    I got my melt pot out today, I've only had it about 5 years ha ha, and did some faux porcelain roses and foliage, for my first attempt it wasn't too bad, although I kept getting my tweezers stuck on the UTEE flowers ha ha, but I will do better next time (hopefully) ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx
    PS How clever is Hazel, I hope she manages to get it sorted, then we can all see the 'cake' xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Patricia. The design and flowers are so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card Patricia. It has a lovely elegant look with the beautiful papers and flowers. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a beautiful card Patricia, love the colour and fabulous flowers, not used my punch for ages, must get it out again
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is gorgeous Patricia and the little flowers are so pretty. Love it! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia,

    This is a beauty. My bridesmaids and bouquet were lilac so I have a soft spot. Haven't tried the letterpress technique yet but will have to after seeing this.
    I apologise for no comments but my phone was still showing your last card as the new home one on my bookmarked pages. Consequently, I have been looking at that thinking you had not had time to blog. Its only now I'm on my laptop, that I can see that's not the case, so I'm behind. Sooo sorry.
    Phones and computers........making life easier Pah !!!
    Will catch up with rest of your posts now.

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete