Wednesday, 29 May 2013

"From This to This"

Hello my friends, thank you for calling today, I love to have you here
As you know I set myself a new rule to follow (no more long term Bit Box) I really have been sticking to it.   Every weekend I go through what I have gathered during the week.  Sort it out make simple cards to sell quite cheaply in the Tearoom.  The rest, if any goes in a box for the school, not nearly so many bits going in there now.

I had a problem with my right eye last week, not much crafting done.  However I was determined to clear away all signs of Card making before I go on holiday.    Hazel and I leave Friday morning from her house at approx 3am to get to Glasgow for our flight to Dalaman, Turkey.  We have a private pick up at the airport for the 35/45 minute drive to our little corner of Paradise in Dalyan where we will spend one week.  We love it there and will have a whole week of  doing  "not very much".  
On the Wednesday evening we have been invited by friends Alan and Janet to a Fundraising Dinner where David Bellamy is Guest of Honor.  The event is to raise money for further conservation of the Turtles on the beachThere will also be an Auction, our friend Alan is to be Auctioneer Alan and Janet were great friends to John and I when we lived out in Turkey.  They had a boat, we spent lots of time with them travelling and seeing parts of Turkey that are only accessible by boat.  We have seen bits of Turkey we would never have got to by car.   Wonderful, forever memories.

Anyway enough "waffling"here is what I managed to make with some of the "left overs"
This was my bundle


These are few of the cards I made 


Not too bad from "left overs"

I have decided to "stamp" little images on some of the left over bits of white card/paper rather than bin them
These stamps used really do not need colouring so that suits me fine
The Bubble Spray one I did colour but oh! so! simply
Bits of ribbon from my box and a few added embellishments................sorted!!!
The cards are approx 4 x 6 

My eye is much better today, will back to normal for going away thank goodness.

Thank you for your visit today I really appreciate it 

Patricia  xx












27 comments:

  1. Patricia what a great selection of cards you've made using your leftovers...as craters we never throw anything away and your gorgeous cards show why we shouldn't

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection of cards Patricia, just goes to show what can be made from bits and pieces. ?

    Oh you're making me want to go back to Turkey again, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful selection of card Patricia, love your stamped images and beautiful designs
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you. I should do this too Patricia, because I am a bit of a hoarded. Enjoy your holiday too. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful selection of cards Patricia. I love the layouts and images you have used.
    Sounds like you are going to have a fabulous time on holiday.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all fabulous cards, Patricia. It's great that you use your bits to create more cards. I'm guilty of throwing mine in the paper recycling.
    We're off on holiday tomorrow, so it will be a while before I'm blogging again. I hope you and Hazel have a fabulous holiday in Turkey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patricia

    I somehow missed this post yesterday! Sorry! First of all congratulations on making things from your leftovers. This is what I try to do even if it is just thank you cards. I was shocked at how much I have wasted in the past.

    Your cards are very pretty indeed and well worth the effort.

    I am sure you and Hazel will come back refreshed with lots of ideas. Enjoy your break!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia. Throw bits out? Never! What clever use you have made of yours. Glad your eye will be ok in time for your hols. Never been to Turkey but some friends of ours go every year.
    It will be sunny and relaxing so enjoy, both of you!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Patricia,
    All of them are so pretty, six lovely cards made out from the discarded waste, who would have thought!
    I wish you and Hazel a lovely holiday, you both enjoy the time together and I hope you bring some of that sunshine back with you.
    Have a great time. Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, what beautiful cards you have made from your scraps - I took a leaf out of your book when I started work on my craft room last week and am going to do the same - no more hefty boxes of scraps! Hope you and Hazel have a wonderful holiday and looking forward to hearing about it, hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely selection of cards Patricia
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia you have made some wonderful cards with your bit box! You would have a field day with mine! I hope you and Hazel have a fabulous time in Turkey it sounds like you are going to! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patricia it just goes to show what can be made with 'bits', love the cards.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards Patricia. I do wish I was as organised as you are. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning sweetie, these are just gorgeous I love the colours that you have chosen too hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, love all the cards you are showing today. They are really prettty. Still trying to follow your example as I have loads of 'bits'. I also have loads of stamps that I don't make enough use of so.... Must try harder! Really I also just wanted to say that I hope you and Hazel have a lovely stay in Turkey. The sunshine alone will do you lots of good. Have fun and relax! Hugs. Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really impressed with the cards you've made from your "bit box" Patricia. They're all beautiful. I keep lots of little bits and mostly nothing gets done with them. Must do better.

    Hope you and Hazel have a lovely holiday. It'll be lovely to have some sunshine and warmth. Enjoy!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby cards xx glad your eye is getting better for your hols - have a fab time xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    a super array of stunning cards made with left over bits, this is amazing.
    Have a wonderful holiday both you and Hazel.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous. love the colours on them all. fab ideas with left over bits x

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow think you put me to shame and once I have left this message will be having another look at how you do this
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh WOW Patricia your cards are gorgeous, you should have no trouble selling those! You and Hazel have a fabulous holiday and speak to you when you get back! (so jealous!!!!!)
    Hugs
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. With you nothing goes to waste Patricia, your series of cards is fabulous! Every single one of them looks wonderful! Glad to hear your eye has improved. Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Patricia;
    sorry to hear about your eye...coincidentally i have heard of 2 more persons with "accidents" on their eyes,,,but for them it was loosing their one eye...and all made in the "house/ small accidents" but with catastrophic results...I am glad that yours seem to be healing//
    thanks for the little story about your travels...
    and as for the cards, my favorite is the one like a Grape cluster, far right on the photo...thanks for sharing and have a nice break summer time
    bye
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am guessing if you are commenting you are also reading comments you little tinker!You are supposed to be relaxing!!! Thank you for your lovely comment on my card. Oh! BTW it has been blazing hot since you left! LOL! Crafty Hugs to you both Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowie! You've definitely been one Busy Busy Lady, with traveling and sight seeing and fund raising and cardmaking too! Goodness! 8-) So glad you had a lovely time!! And I am loving your Fab collection of cards! I should follow your lead and get together all my bits and left overs and put them to good use too! lol My left over bundle is growing larger by the day!! lol ;-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cards Patricia, I so love going through the bit box and seeing what I can create from the contents, its always a challenge.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete