Tuesday, 7 May 2013

"Highland Cow"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of Blogland.  
 Yesterday John took Hazel and I up to Aberdeen to visit " The Papeterie".    Aberdeen was part of John`s Area when he was working so he knew exactly where it was.  He was taking us up so we would  know exactly where to go when we went to see Sue Wilson doing her Demo Day there in July.  
A Huge place with lots and lots of fantastic space for classes and workshops.  Great wide open shopping space with lots of "stuff" at reasonable prices and two lovely ladies to welcome and chat to us.   The place was not busy when we arrived so we had lots of time to chat to the ladies.   They were excited and looking forward to this coming weekend when Nicky Hall from Polkadoodles is there doing Demos and Classes.  
We told the ladies why we had come up, they were saying that they were also excited and looking forward to Sue coming.  They were getting rather concerned at the amount of people that will be coming that day and will the car park cope.  It is an "open" day no bookings just come along and enjoy.   Hazel and I are now having doubts about going.  We feel that there will not be enough room to move or even get near to see what Sue is actually doing.  We have talked about going the night before and staying at the Travel Lodge along the road, we will see.

Today`s card is a request from Hazel`s younger daughter Tammy.   Tammy and her husband have a friend who LOVES "Highland Cows".    Hazel has got the task of making a "Beer Cake" no! not a cake using Beer in the mixture..........................a cake made up on a Large Cake Board with a central box containing lots of Goodies surrounded by cans of Beer.   They will be covered over with green paper/card cut to represent grass and some pebbles as the ground or a wall.  Hazel has fantastic ideas for this type of thing, really looking forward to see what materialises.    The cake is being topped with a Highland Cow so of course the request was  "will you ask Auntie Pat to make a card with a Highland Cow on it"..............................oh! right where did I leave that "Magic Wand" again.


I knew right away where to get an image.......a Joanna Sheen CD I bought years ago and never really used, one of those that you just had to have.
So here is the card, gave it to Hazel yesterday and she was delighted, said Tammy would be as well.

Base card Kraft Card approx 5 x 7
Cream and green card for matting
The image is printed on canvas paper I got at Aldi some time ago a great buy must keep my eyes open to get some more
Computer generated sentiment as requested
I put some glossy accents on his nose just as a bit of fun

That`s it for today
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate that you stop by my little corner
Till next time

Patricia xxx
 



Posted by Picasa

24 comments:


  1. Oh yes Tammy loves it, "Roddy will love it". THANK YOU auntie Patricia for waving your magic wand.

    Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fits the bill Perfectly Patricia. Makes a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit they are splendid beasts! Great card Patricia. Keep that wand polished! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent card Patricia. Reminds me of my younger days on Islay where they roam along the beaches too and still do to-day. Hazel's cake sounds great, hope she takes pictures. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning picture of the Highland Cow Patricia, its amazing that we have these things never used and then suddenly its just what we need! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Patricia, the image is fantastic.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia, Isn't it a lovely feeling when you can make a card for someone and you know it will be really appreciated? Your card is fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card Patricia, JS has come up trumps again, she has a lot of fabulous cds
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card love the Image .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to laugh at this Patricia:) Joanna Sheen has a brilliant sense of humour and this is the perfect image for so many occasions where a spot of 'tongue in cheek' is required. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Patricia, love that image!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an unusual and personal card - I hope you post a picture of the 'beer cake' sounds very different xx I tend not to go to shows for the very reason you state - I always suppose the main demonstrators will be very populated and you won't really be able to get to see anything and leave disappointed so I have chosen not to attend craft shows but maybe I might be surprised if I actually did xx Gail T xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card Patricia, love the nose. I do like the highland calves best, we used to adopt them and bucket feed them, but we also had quite a fierce highland cow so this brought back memories. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a card!! Fantastic image, are'nt they just beautiful. I know what you mean about CDs I've loads and hardly ever use them now. Too much ink.

    look ing forward to seeing Hazels Beer cake.

    Envious of you getting up to The Papeterie, I've been wanting to go there for yonks, but it was too far away when we went to Elgin the other week, I'll get there one day though.
    Have a good day, kate x

    ReplyDelete

  15. Good afternoon, I see a few of you ladies would like to see the finished Beer Cake, now you all know I don't have a blog and I can't see me ever getting there, so I might just have to sweet talk that very kind big sister of mine. Should be starting to put it together in the next week. No promises you will just have to wait and see.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another enjoyable read Patricia, I love to read all about the things you get up to with Hazel and would love to see a pic of the Beer Cake - sounds fascinating. Smiles _ Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    fabulous card. Fabulous image too. I think I own this CD too snap, but I also have wonderful photos of these highland cows from my holidays in Scotland. The only difference is the ones I have photos of are a dark Rust or reddish colour.
    The beer cake sounds very interesting.
    Won't be around much for the next 5 days as I am going away. Will be back on the 14th hopefully.
    Have a wonderful crafty few days.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, lovely to 'meet' you. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, I love your cow card. That image is such fun, I think I've got that cd somewhere too. Hope you enjoy your demo day if you decide to go
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card Patricia, made me smile. I see what you mean about the demo, not much fun if you can't get to see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Patricia, love the image.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant Patricia! Love it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card Patricia, love the image. The cake sounds fab too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia, what a fine beast he is, a great card! Would also love to see the 'beer cake'.
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete