Monday, 20 May 2013

"New Home Card"

Hello and welcome, hope you are well.   If not I send some ((hugs)) that you are soon singing and dancing.
Thank you for calling into see me today, love to having you here.
Hope your weather has been better than ours....................OH! What! a Shocker! 4.50am it was miserable looking, thick mist, that cleared to give a bright early morning then the "SUN" came out.  That lasted till a few hours and was actually  pleasantly warm.  John decided he wanted to get the Wooden Garden stuff out of the garage.  He said it would be nice to sit out for his morning coffee and lunch when hazel and I are away.............dream on, I say.  We have plastic tables and chairs which are cleaned and in use but no! John wanted the big wooden things out.  We got it all out washed down, then down came the rain.  Wow! did it rain, it rained so hard it flooded the front garden.  Thank goodness the front door is up a few steps, all gone and dried up again.
Today`s card is for John`s cousin and his wife who have just moved into a big old house they are doing up.  They bought it a few years ago, very basically did it up, new Kitchen, bathroom, papered and painted.   Their younger daughter moved in and was happy there while she was studying to become a Dentist.  She qualified last summer, got a job, is doing well so decided to move to a place of her own.  Her parents set about selling their house, they sold recently so have now moved in and are totally renovating the whole place to their taste.


Base card White Centura Pearl
More Rob Adams CD backing papers
Dies a Tim Holtz Die set it is a "Thick, Deep Die"  John and Audrey brought it back from the Sates for me couple of years ago.  When I saw it I thought that will never work in my wee Cuttlebug.  Oh! yes! it can!  I just juggled the cutting plates about till I got it to go through with no problems.  I put a sticker on the actual Die with the plate combination for future use.
Cut the bits in Black Coredinations card and sanded them back 
Sentiment is computer generated, cut out using the inner Die of a Memory Box Frame Die
Simple card but it says what it needs to say

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping by I really appreciate it
I`ll be back

Patricia   xxx




Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for the occasion Patricia. Rain didn't reach here until about 5pm so we had quite a nice day. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rain here today Patricia. Beautiful card. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain here today in Sunny Eastbourne...yikes!! I got soaked... Love your pretty card.. great design... Keep dry... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No rain here in West Yorkshire...for a change! Not much sun either.
    Fab hinge and keyhole dies, Patricia. Perfect for your lovely new home card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Patricia. I love the design and beautiful papers.
    I hope you have better weather that lasts a bit longer today!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its surprising what the good old bug will take! I was quite surprised when I managed to get my TH and Sizzix dies through but you are so right Patricia they go through with no problem although I think I should right them down like you do! Lovely card I love the way you made it look like a door! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card for a new home Patricia. Like those papers. We had a really miserable day yesterday and today is shaping up to be much of the same too. No rain though. Actually I'm not averse to bit of rain (during the night though!!!)because not being on mains water we need to kee the well topped up! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Patricia, love those dies, they really look so real, I thought they were metal, great design. Pants weather here too, but a muggy warmness as if thunder lurking, hope today is better, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia

    What a lovely new home card!!

    So different and so clever!!

    Sounds like you gained the weather we finished with last week. We had mega rain too .. .. some of which made its way into my Son's new flat!! Thankfully it didn't damage anything but another thing to put on the list for the landlord to sort out!

    Hope you have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia just calling back to thank you for your visit & your lovely comment...Thank you so much.
    Your card is stunning, i love those die`s, a great idea for a new home card xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this ... I love the idea of the door for the new home and the hinges ... lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, I hope your rain has dissipated now, we have had rain, rain and more rain, but not half as bad as yours, thankfully. Did you manage to get the wooden garden furniture back into the garage ??
    A lovely new home card, loving the die-cuts and the beautiful backing papers. What an organised girlie you are, brilliant that you had the afore-thought to write down the sandwich you used for the dies.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great new home card Patricia, I like the way you have distressed the hinges and lock! Overcast and dull here in Somerset hope we see some sun they say might appear this afternoon and you see some too. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Patricia
    I hope you are well!I love your New Home card an unusual take on one. I like the blue and black together and the distressed hinges!Very nice indeed.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a luvly 'New Home' card and luv the hinges and keyhole effect xx Brilliant xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a really lovely card for a new home Patricia, I love that Tim Holtz die, don't use mine often enough. Love the design of your card too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon Patricia and everyone.
    What a lovely card. That's going to take pride of place on the new mantlepiece.
    First chance I've had to come and nose at your smashing blog. Thanks for the comments you have left on mine. Look forward to the next card. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. SUch a lovely New HOme card Patricia really love the die...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patricia if Hazel goes to blogger.com then find the cogs on the right hand side and clciks them there is a blogger help and it is straightforward from there. But if there is a specific problem email me and I will try to help her!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous new home card Patricia. I love the design and brilliant dies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea for a new home card Patricia. Simple but effective.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, what a great idea for a new home card..very different and will be taking pride of place in the new house, I'm sure! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool card for a new home Patricia, love how you made this, so pretty! The 'moving' couple must have been really pleased with your thoughtful and lovely card! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete