Monday, 27 May 2013

"On your Special Day"

Hello Blog Friends, into yet another week....................where did the last one go??
The world is spinning so fast these days I am finding it hard to keep up!!!!   Maybe that`s an age thing.  Remember when we were really young and looking forward to something, it took ages to come.  Now I go to bed on Monday, waken up and it is Friday...............or is that just me??
We were at a Christening yesterday, Mia Katie, she is Elaine`s Granddaughter.  Just a very small affair but very nice indeed, a great day.   Wore dark glasses most of the time to hide my eye which is still a right proper mess.   Weather was good although nothing like it had been on Saturday.   I wore the outfit I had planned about a month ago.  During last week I was looking in the wardrobe for something else, It was so blooming cold.  What a difference in a few days.


Today`s card is Mia`s Christening Card

Base card A4 folded white card approx 8 x 6
Piece of white card embossed in a Creative Expression/Sue Wilson designed folder
3 Die cut squares using SB Marvelous Squares which I linked together
SB Butterflies cut in Pink and White
SB Crosses Die cut, layered and a little gem from my stash.  The crosses were sent to me by another great blogger....."Thank You" Jenny (Cardsrus)
A triple bow in white organza topped with a Creative Expressions Dazzler
The sentiment is a stamp.  I did add MIA to the bottom using my Calligraphy Pen
Just noticed I have taken the picture before I did that.  The card is in a box tied up with a ribbon so not undoing that now!!!!


Thank you for calling by today I really appreciate it
Hazel also says thank you for all the great comments on her "Cake"
That`s it for today

Patricia   xxx





Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Patricia. Gorgeous dies and a fab design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully created Christening card, Patricia. This will be treasured, I'm sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifully designed card Patricia. I love the dies and gorgeous ribbon.
    I hope your eye is better soon
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design Patricia, I love your layout. So difficult to plan when the weather changes so quickly. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, beautiful card, love the three squares lined up like that. Lovely design and that bow sets the whole card off. Hope your eye gets better soon.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, this is a really beautiful card, gorgeous design and I am certain it will be treasured. Sorry your eye is still troubling you - hope it's better soon, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Patricia love your little pink butterfies
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. very classy such a gorgeous card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Patricia. Im sure that it will be kept and looked at very fondly for years to come. Hope the eye improves before your hols. Good luck to Hazel at the docs today. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous and elegant card Patricia! I have the square dies but haven't used them I can't seem to find the right use for them but they look fabulous on your card! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Patricia for a special occasion!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Patricia your card is so delicate and pretty. Beautifully designed. Hope your eye is better today!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning sweetie this is just stunning hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia, I sympathise with your 'time flying', I can't believe it either, it is exactly the same for me, you blink and the week is gone, it is sooo scary.
    Your christening card is beautiful, lovely die-cuts and gorgeous bow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Know exactly what you mean about tempus fugit. Hope your eye gets better before you go of on holiday, but at least you can comfortably wear your sunglasses in Turkey.

    Your card is so elegant, love your design and those little butterflies.
    We've got a grey day here, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia
    This is such a lovely card and I am sure will be treasured. Glad you got to wear the outfit you had planned!

    Not long now until you go away!!!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card Patricia. I love how you have used those dies and just maybe I will use your idea on one of my cards. What a lovely name for a little girl. Enjoy your Day Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card and really pretty with the butterflies xx glad you had a good day and the weather held out for you xx sorry to hear you are still suffering with your eye/s - hopefully you will be sorted before your 'jollies' xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card Patricia just love those gorgeous dies and your soft colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia. Don't know what was happening with the wee duck but its there now. I had you on my list of blogs I was following so can't understand it. Have tried again and the duck has landed. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMW Patricia, this is sheer elegance! Love all the dies you've used, they look really beautiful in white, very stylishly done! Big hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just a quick thanks to you and Hazel for your kind birthday wishes. Can't post on my blog from my phone. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are always so special Patricia. This is perfect for a christening. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia, your card is gorgeous, I love the soft pink and the embossed background.
    Hope the eye is soon 100% again.
    Been looking back at what I have missed :) beautiful creations as always.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous Patricia. Love white on white with a touch of colour. The embossing is really lovely and crisp.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    Just a quick 'Hope you and Hazel have a great week away look forward to your return refreshed'!
    Bye for now
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete