Friday, 17 May 2013

"Simple Happy Birthday"

Hello Bolg friends, hope you are all well.   
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to come and visit me.
Elaine came last night, although she was rather down when she arrived it did not take long to have her smiling again.  By the time she was ready to leave we had sore sides and cheeks from all the laughter.  I just hope she can keep on smiling during this upsetting time she is going through.
Today`s card is using up some of "the bundle of bits"........... I seem to be creating them again.  I craft in the kitchen which has to be tidied when I finish.  I feel this is why I always seem to have little bundles. I saw this "negative" from a Labels 20 Die, a little bit of foliage, plus a piece of card I had inked that was a first run through the embossing folder and a bit brighter than I had wanted.   I decided to use these rather than put them in the bag for the school or throw them away.
So here is today`s card



Base card approx 5 x 7 white card stock
Card run through an embossing folder that had been inked
I had a Labels Twenty frame I had cut but did not use, I felt it was too wide for what I wanted
I placed this in the centre of the inked card
Placed the "negative" of a Labels twenty Die Cut I had run through a SB Polka Dot embossing folder over the frame.  I raised this with some foam pads
The foliage was just part piece of a Memory Box Die cut
A Happy Birthday sticker I found in a box.

Thank you for popping by today I really appreciate it
The weekend is upon us once again, where in heavens name did this week go??
Have a great weekend, I will see you all again soon

Patricia   xxx
 


Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. wow, what a beautiful design from this card.
    very elegant and i love the dies you used.
    have a nice weekend and hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Patricia. I need to take a lesson from you and use more from my bits box. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created, Patricia. Love your design and a great use of your bits! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of bits bxs .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, I love Labels Twenty so this card is right for me. Have not had much time for crafting with decorating and my mum was taken into hospital yesterday, she has been suffering severe vertigo and they are doing test.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant Patricia I think I should look in my bit box more often
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. just lovely. and very good ideas of using your already "made" pieces...this card is so romantic
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Patricia! Love the depth to it. Have a lovely weekend, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Patricia, the design is so pretty and elegant.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make the most amazing cards from your 'bit box' xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so lovely Patricia, love the pretty colour and design,
    classy.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    I really like this design. The labels 20 makes a fab frame. Just superb as always, and to think you did it with bits left over is amazing.I very rarely use my bits box, and now I'm ashamed to admit that, when you are the queen of recycle.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, Another 'bit box' creation, what a fantastic backing paper you did with inking the embossing folder, and the negative labels 20 and the labels 20 frame make this card so pretty and fresh. I love it. Like Jenny above, I keep putting all my leftovers into various boxes and invariably leave them there, I need to get everything together and decide what I can use and what has no use ha ha. But that's another day, like you, I don't know where these weeks keep going, they absolutely fly by, it's scary !!!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the design, very classy.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheer elegance Patricia, the pinks makes your card look even more feminine! Thanks for dropping me a line, so appreciate this. Have a great weekend, hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever use of the leftovers Patricia resulting in a gorgeous and elegant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    You say a 'simple card' but it is so effective, great use of your leftover bits, love the single piece of foilage. Have a lovely day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This beautiful card reminds me that I don't use Labels 20 nearly often enough. It's gorgeous Patricia. Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely Patricia, very elegant. Congrats on using some of your "bits."

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another very pretty card Patricia and a great way of using up the bits. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Very very pretty and elegant, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, thanks for your fabulous comments on my craft space and my latest post. I'm kicking back a little with posting and limiting my computer time.

    Your card is so elegant! Totally gorgeous.

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia, thanks for your fabulous comments on my craft space and my latest post. I'm kicking back a little with posting and limiting my computer time.

    Your card is so elegant! Totally gorgeous.

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Patricia, Its seems an age since I got to your blog. I have been looking back and can't believe how many I have missed :(
    Love this card..and out of the bit box too, its amazing what we have in that magical box.
    I love the way you have used the negative die.
    Hope everyone is ok and that your listening ear worked wonders..I am sure it has xx
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Patricia

    Your card is lovely and your other posts. I too have looked back and love your work too! LOL! It is so lovely to see so many talented and gifted people sharing there work and it is such a happy community. Good luck with all you do I shall keep watching!!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather Rogers xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Patrica your card is just beautiful! I am sure your friends are so glad they have you to talk to, we all need a good listening ear sometimes.

    ReplyDelete