Wednesday, 15 May 2013

"This is more Me"

Hello folks, hope you are all well.   
Thank you for stopping by today, I am offering something that is "more me"
I mostly like to make delicate, floral cards, some people call them fussy!! Who cares that`s what I like.
I can assure you I am in no way delicate, at 5`8" tall and just over 12st I am far from that.   I am desperately trying  hard to get just below the 12st not easy is it??  Mind you if I had not eaten that slice of Apple Pie the other day I might get there sooner.  It is not like me to eat that sort of thing but for some reason it had my name on it.


Base card approx 5 x 7 white card stock
Piece of white card embossed through a Daricie folder from Crafter`s Companion inked with TH Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
This embossed piece was not as good as I would have like, it came out rather patchy.........the reason why
 I have discovered that it is not just the ink that counts it is also the kind of card
Another thing is, if you wash the folder and use it right away the transfer of ink is not good.  Even though you think you have dried the folder it will still be damp and that effects the ink application.  They do say "You Live and Learn"..........just thought I would pass on the things I learn along the way
Roses made using SB Bitty Blossoms and white card
Foliage is a Memory Box Die 
I popped a pearl in the centre of the flowers and also on all the tiny flowers through the foliage

Thank you so much for calling in and leaving all your lovely comments.  I really appreciate it and read them all
That`s it for today, till next time

Patricia  xxx




  
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Stunning card Patricia. I love those roses. Hugs Rita xxxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia I think the variation in the colour just adds to the overall effect of this card, just beautiful.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I like the effect of the ink on the embossing and your flowers are so pretty and delicate
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. another stunning card Patricia, love your flowers and embossing
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia, I Love your flowers such a delicate card... Just Beautiful... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Patricia. I tried using centura pearl on an inked folder and it certainly did not work. It is all trial and error it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful delicate colours, Patricia. I love your embossed background and pretty roses x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes will have to try inking the embossing folder to get this effect, it is lovely. I think the varied inking adds to the embossing. Your card is lovely and yes back to your style.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really pretty card Patricia, love the embossing, liking the layout too. Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card Patricia love your embossed background
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this really is you Patricia. Gorgeous! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful card Patricia, I really love the embossing with colour, and then just the die shape, very elegant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, This card is gorgeous, lovely colour on the faux letterpress (I'm still needing to try this !!), and loving the embossing folder, and the frame die-cut just completes this fabulous creation.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very elegant Patricia! A beautiful design and delicate pastel pink! The variation in the colour gives it a marble effect which I think is really pretty! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well said Patricia! You should always make things you like, after all crafting is all about having fun, right? Your card looks adorable with those fine embossed parts and pretty pastel colours! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, take care, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and luv the colour on the emboss folder and the flowers are gorgeous (I have this die but don't use it very often) I will have to get it out again and get making flowers and maybe get brave enough to get my melt-pot out and UTEE them!! (not even taken the pot out of it's box yet)!!!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This ifs really you I love it I tried the inking in the folder it was a bit patchy but i went with it will show soon .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely Patricia, love the delicate shade of pink, lovely embossing & pretty flowers too.I am the same height and almost the same weight as you lol, not easy losing weight is it!!Thanks for all the lovely comments too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia. Beautiful flowers and design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful Patricia, love the delicate look it has. It's so much easier to put weight on than lose it...but some things are difficult to resist. Carol x

    ReplyDelete