Thursday, 23 May 2013

"VERY Simple Happy Birthday"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of creativity.  
Thank you for calling by today.  
Don`t know about the weather where you are but it has been "freezing" here today.   The Glen Shee road was blocked with snow.........man!! it is almost June and we are getting ......SNOW!!!
Have you noticed Hazel has done it.......she has her Blog going.  I think she is still struggling to get her pictures up but Hazel being Hazel will do it.
When I started my Blog last year I would never have believed that I could have almost 100 followers......!! thank you all so much for your support.   I really do appreciate each and every one of your visits and comments.    
I will get together a little bundle of goodies, when I reach 100 we will have "Draw"
  

Base card today is Kraft Card and a very different shape for me but that was the shape of the "bit" that was lying there in the bundle
It is approx DL,  slightly less but fits in a DL envelope
 I cut 2 half circles at either side approx 1/3 of the way up from the bottom
Piece of Hunkydory card that came free with the Paper crafting Magazine this month which I ran through an embossing folder
I got the ribbon from Hazel the other day, used that along the card and to tie a triple bow
Happy Birthday is a wooden greetings I had bought at a show at some time in the past

Did you notice the "Bundle" in the background of my post the other day??? 
I have started my new "regime" the bundle is getting sorted through every week, and used.  Yes! I am serious, would you believe almost 80% of it is now used.  The rest goes in the bag for the school.  I have even started "Stamping" little images on bits that are suitable for that.  I am using them for practising colouring in.
Thank you for stopping by everyone, I really appreciate it
That`s it for today


Patricia  xxxx

19 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia, lovely card, very simple but effective, love that bow, gorgeous colour.
    Well done for using up your bit box, I just keep adding to mine.
    Good Hazel has managed her blog, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Patricia. Very elegant and effective. Love the colour too. Don't know how you manage to use your bits, mine just keep getting more and more! Then I get fed up and bin them or recycle anything that isn't glittery.

    Congrats to Hazel on starting her blog. I'll give her a visit.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Patricia. I forgot to ask the name of Hazel's blog so I can visit her.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia. I really love the colours and your bow looks amazing!
    Well done to Hazel for getting her blog set up
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia a very pretty and elegant card! You are good using your bits, mine is getting bigger and bigger! Thank you so much for your kind help today! I have not managed to do the other one yet I got side tracked into tidying up all of my craft room! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous CAS card, Patricia! Love your beautiful big bow!
    Well done on your magazine win, too.....which looks like lovely Stamping' Up goodies.

    It has been snowing and hailing here today, too. When do you go to Turkey? I bet it can't come soon enough. We go on a cruise next Friday, and I hope we see some sunshine, 'cos this weather is playing havoc with my arthritis xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Patricia. The colours look so rich and the luxurious bow just gives it the finish that is needed. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia
    Love the card's simplicity and a wooden tag - neat! I admire you for using leftovers, I try to and have my leftovers neatly organised in colour or type of card so it is easier to use them up. I also use old letters and printouts as paper to catch embossing powder before eventually shredding! I am sure it all helps I used to be so wasteful with scraps of card and paper but it all has to be disposed of eventually! So well done!

    Have a good day
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simplicity of your card Patricia love your gorgeous colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, your car may be simple, but it's none the less beautiful and so elegant. I perfect example of sometimes less being more! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia

    A beautiful card .. .. made perfect with that stunning ribbon bow. It is gorgeous!!!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete


  12. Good morning big sis, love the simpleness of this card and that ribbon has worked beautifully,
    Hazel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous cas card Patricia, very elegant.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    lovely card, and beautiful bow. That wooden sentiment looks really a really great thing to have in your stash.
    The blooming weather is quite cold in the south of the country too. Even when that round yellow thing shines it's still blooming cold.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luv the card and the paper is really nice and looks luvly embossed xx I take my daughters dog a walk on Friday lunch-times and believe or believe not I have put my thermals on today because I felt soooo cold!!! (What's that about)!! I really must try and set up a blog - just don't seem to have time to sit and work it out but I'm sure I will one day xx Well done to Hazel (and you) for persevering xx Have a fab Bank Holiday weekend and hopefully we will get some decent weather!! GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. very elegant card and lovely bow Patricia.
    the paper is realy very nice and makes this card very elegant.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, Snow, and we are nearly in June, what is happening to our weather !! It keeps threatening rain, but never actually giving a downpour, but it is extremely cold.
    Your card is beautifully simple and elegant, love the colour of the bow, and what a good size is the wooden embellishment, just right for the sentiment. Have a lovely weekend.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes, less is definitely more. What a cracking card and I love the colour of the ribbon.
    I started out with a box of bits that I just kept throwing into (under the "it might come in handy" directive) but I got fed up trawling through it to find what I wanted. Now, I have plastic wallets for each different colour of offcuts so I know if I want a bit of lilac card, I can just look in that one wallet rather than a big box. Doesn't cut down on the EEC paper mountain in my craft room but at least I can find stuff.
    I even have a box of nice wallpaper samples I have picked up on my travels.....will probably get banned from Homebase now!!!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply stunning with a truly AMAZING bow!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete