Friday, 10 May 2013

"Very Simple Stamping"

Hello and welcome to my wee corner of Blogland.  Thank you so much for calling by, I love having you  here.
The day started sunny here but as usual it deteriorated into the usual rain by lunchtime.  Got the washing dry so that was OK.
Did some more tidying, in the dining room this time.  We keep a big box in one of the corners, this has some of the boys toys in it.  Went through that and cleared out all the bits of card/paper/used to make things that were all sad and crushed.  John said to leave them as they do use these, if they need them they can make more.  I am sure they will not even miss them.
On the corner of the dining table was a "pile" of bits.  I  did intend making cards with them, I sorted through, kept some then popped the rest in the bag for the school.   Naughty, naughty, I know but I am trying hard to get everything tidy.  I have told John not to stand still to long...........!!!!!!!  

In the bundle was a stamp I got from Elaine, she got it from someone and said she would never us it so gave it to me.   Elaine does craft but she is one of these people..................I am sure you all know one.   If she does not immediateley see what she can do with something she dismisses it.  When I show her tonight what I have done with her stamp her words will be "Oh I would never have thought to use it like that"


Base card was a bit of cream from the bundle approx 4 x6  
Dark green card stock
A piece of Pale yellow from the bundle
I am not a stamper so I had a few tries at getting this any where near useable
I coloured her lips, eyes and the Rose with a wet brush in TH Distress inks

That`s it for today
Thank you for stopping, I really appreciate you doing that and leaving all your lovely comments
Till next time, be good

Patricia   xxx
 



.
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. This is a lovely image, Patricia. I love that you just coloured certain parts of her...beautifully done! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is realy lovely and i like the way how you colored the image in soft colors.
    have a nice mothers day, and hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've done this Patricia...you've made a beautiful card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, gorgeous image, I like the way you have just coloured bits, so effective. Keep playing you are making some great cards.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Patricia. What a stunning card. It may look simple to you but I think it's gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely Patricia, love the effect of your soft colouring and the simple design. Enjoy the weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Patricia I like the touch of colour just beautiful
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so subtle Patricia. A great card. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful image Patricia, love the hint of colour.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Love the image & the soft colours simply Beautiful.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card love the colouring ,melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the image and the delicate touches of colour look so beautiful.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card Patricia and I like how you have used the image and the gentle touch of colour.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, love how you have used this stamp. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a simple but beautiful card xx have a fab weekend and hopefully the weather will pick up a bit xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, I really love that stamp and your card is really beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely image and a gorgeous card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Patricia. A fabulous image and design.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A truly beautiful, simple, but stunning card, loving just the pop of colour.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful is this! So glad it fell into your hands and you've made good use of it!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Patricia

    The card has turned out really well! Well done! Elaine will definitely regret passing this stamp on.:)

    Happy Crafting
    Heather Rogers xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great stamping Patricia, it's beautiful and I love this card!!! I feel your friend may regret not having a go herself :D
    Thanks for understanding and leaving kind comments on my blog, I did get a little stressed about it all LOL Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is a wonderful card. Should be framed as art.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elaine should be kicking herself. You've made a beautiful card here Patricia. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Patricia thanks for the visit, I am loving this stamp and what a super card you've made with it. Love it.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete