Sunday, 9 June 2013

"Golden Wedding Wishes"

Hello friends, hope you have had a good day.  Weather here was dull, cold and not very nice at all.  
Looks like I did not pack enough sunshine in my case to last more than a day.
When I arrived home at the house from my holiday late Friday evening I was greeted at the door by John.  I don`t think I was in the house 10mins when John asked would I make a card for Fiona and Gordon  good neighbours of John and Audrey`s.  It was their Golden Wedding, they were having a party in the Village Hall Saturday evening.   John and Audrey would take the card for us, they were going to the party with the boys.  I rushed to get the card done and finished yesterday.   When Audrey came along with the boys I told her I had rushed to get it ready.  Audrey just looked at me and said there really was not that much of a rush.  Guess why!! the couple were having a Garden Party in their very own garden and it was this afternoon................not a lot of difference......................MEN!!!

Here is my card, sorry the light has caught the right hand side
I normally would have made a far more elaborate card if I had had the time

Base card approx A5 cream card stock
Ivory Centura Pearl card embossed with Sue Wilson`s Heart Lattice Folder, matted onto dull gold card
I stamped the image three times on cream card stock and Heat embossed with Gold Powder
Matted that onto dull gold card and attached to the embossed panel
I used pale Gold/Brown organza ribbon round these panels and attached them to the base card
Tied a triple bow and attached that
Sentiment was computer generated mounted onto dull gold card and attached

A very quick card that I hope they will like.

I had been reading Sue`s Blog while away, I made a determined effort to get the hearts on the embossing folder up the right way.....!!!
That`s it for today
Thank you so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate that you take time to visit me.
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx


Posted by Picasa

21 comments:


  1. Love your card big Sis, and you have got the hearts up the right way, and that ribbon looks great again, glad I asked if you could use it as it would have just been left the drawer. Like you I didn't pack enough sun shine either.

    Hazel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard you pinging in, really lovely card Patricia, I do love the stamp and the background embossing, that bow is luscious, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love the image & beautiful design...I NEED that embossing folder... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Patricia. That bow is stunning. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Patricia lovely stamps and of course that fabulous EB folder

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Patricia loving your embossed background
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Patricia. I love the elegant design with the gorgeous embossing and gorgeous ribbon
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, Glad you and Hazel enjoyed your holiday, hopefully you are both feeling re-charged and refreshed.
    Your card is beautiful, albeit quickly made, they will absolutely love it. Men, eh !! ha ha.
    I saw your post on Jenny's Blog about the Ebosser, I have one and I absolutely love it, I got mine from Oysters but when I was in The Range last week, they had them for £149, the lowest I have seen them. I use mine all the time now, I absolutely love it. I always use the magnetic sheet (provided) when using Spellbinders dies, and unfortunately in my haste one day, I put the die upside down and it was a border die, so now I have a lovely border down one side of the magnetic sheet ha ha, I am still using it though. Hopefully if you get one, you will love it too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card despite the rush Patricia. Typical men! I remember John doing something similar. He asked me to make a baby card for friends of his who just had a new grand bay. It was a girl - or it might have been a boy, he said. You just have to laugh don't you? Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Patricia, gorgeous stamping and love the bow. I like that embossing folder, it makes such a classic background. Sorry had to laugh, we never have enough toys to play with. My car is off the drive first thing this morning as the delivery of joists is coming this morning or afternoon (I would have written it down, lol) Have a fun day. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  11. another beautiful card Patricia, I have this EF love it, Patricia has mentioned the E-bosser, fabulous machine, think they are due in at oyster stamps today, sort supply though. It`s usually my Daughter that says have you time!!! or have you a card in your box, I need it now .lol.
    have a good day, pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and an amazing 'quickie' even though it wasn't necessary but hey-ho at least it didn't give you toooo much time to think about what you were going to make!! xx glad you had a good break xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Patricia. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Patricia. What a lovely sophisticated card. I must get me one of those folders but they are as rare as rocking horse poo at the moment.
    Mrs Confucious say "never give a man a message if you want it to be passed on correctly!"
    Is that a Clarity stamp or am I thinking of the wrong thing? x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    beautiful card. Love the embossing, both heat and dry.
    Fabulous bow too.
    I have a Golden Wedding Anniversary card to make my sister next month. It is also my 30th at the end of this year, and as I forgot it was my silver one we hope to celebrate this one instead. lol. If me memory remembers. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Is your ironing up to date. lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect wedding anniversary card with such lovely and elegant colours, too. You did an amazing job, despite of the time pressure Patricia! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful anniversary card Patricia. Gorgeous design and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Patricia, love the image and beautiful design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia. Love the embossing. A really elegant card.

    Hope you had a lovely holiday.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, Well hi for tomorrow as no doubt you will be in dream land now. your card is beautiful and I imagine its even more beautiful in the flesh. Love the embossing.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is beautiful as it is! Stunning bow!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete