Monday, 24 June 2013

"Happy Birthday Card"

Hello Blog friends,thank you for popping by today, I am here at last.
Well, what a weekend!!!  As most of you know John`s knees have been bothering him.  Not a lot of sleep Thursday/Friday, no sleep Friday/Saturday by Saturday/Sunday John was about climbing the walls in pain.  So, 3am Sunday morning we were driving the 20 miles in to A&E at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee.  Only a few people in the waiting area....................but OMG!!  what a selection. Drunks, plus men and woman who had obviously been in fights.  Tell you what the poor staff have a lot to put up with and the language, that was choice I can tell you.  Thankfully we were taken quite quickly, John was in so much pain otherwise I am sure he would have walked or should I say hobbled out.     X-rays taken and nothing drastic,  combination of things "old age"  plus wear and tear after 45 years of driving.  He has to rest his leg completely this week, if there is no improvement after 2/3 weeks he has to go to the GP for him to arrange an MRI Scan on it to see what they will do.  Hopefully it will settle down and not come to that.  
On top of all that I had promised Elaine I would work with her in the Tearoom on Sunday from 11.15am  till 4.30pm.   Boy!! was I tiered when I got home.  John had managed to get 4 hours sleep while I was away so he was feeling a bit better.   I think John had also worried himself about me dealing with everything on my own.  John, Audrey and the boys are off on their American adventure for the next 3 weeks.  I am more than capable of managing and I also have Hazel who would be there for me if I needed her.
Anyway enough of my sagga.


My card for today is a Birthday Card I sent to a friend and fellow Blogger.  I know she has got it so I can show it.

A simple "Tag" card approx 4 x 6
I cut the "tag" shape from white card stock
Stuck lace round the edge and topped that with Pink card stock
Next "Freebe" paper from this months Card Making Magazine that I wrapped a piece of Organza ribbon round and attached
Made a Rose using SB Blossom Five Die and Leaves using SB Foliage Die
Triple bow using thin Organza Ribbon and a little jewel to finish off
Happy Birthday stamped on white and mounted on a piece of pink to finish off

That`s it for today I really do hope to kinda be back to some kind of normality tomorow.
I can then tell you the tale of my new Washing Machine............................things are getting better.  Thank goodness I am a "Glass half FULL" person

Thank you for your visit I really appreciate you stopping by to look at what I have been doing and for all your lovely comments
Bye till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx





Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag card Patricia. Hope your husband feels better soon. Non stop pain is a dreadful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia your card is stunning I am sure your friend will be bowled over by it! Hope your husband's pain settles soon - I could tell you lots of lovely tales of when I worked in A and E!! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what they say Patricia, whether the glass is half full or half empty there is still room for more wine!! Mind you I think you were probably more in need of a large brandy!! Hope John is a bit better and I hope you managed some rest eventually!! Your card is lovely and was well received I'm sure! love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Patricia. The design and papers look fabulous and the flower is so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ach liebe patricia, da geht mir das herz auf.....wunderschön....
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Evening Patricia. I am so sorry to hear John's knees have got worse. Poor soul must been in so much pain. I know first hand what Andrew suffers with his knees too. Your tag is absolutely stunning. Hope you both have a better night's sleep tonight. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Evening Patricia, so sorry to hear that John's knee is still causing him so much pain, dreadful to suffer and not get sleep. Hope tonight is better, and you seem to have been pretty busy too, you both need sleep.

    Well what can I say about your card, it's just stunning and I know the person received it so well, cos it was ME!!, even my hubby said wow and he is not a wow sort of person. You take care, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Patricia love that rose
    hope things settle down at home for you soon
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag card Patricia. That flower is beautiful and the lace is yummy.

    Poor John, constant pain is very wearing. Hope you both get some sleep tonight.

    Take care,

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh noooooo poor John, I do hope he is a little better today and that you are getting some sleep between you! Tell him to take care won't you and that he is to stay seated at all times!!!!

    Oh before I forget what a beautiful Tag Card, so delicate, love the lace!

    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous tag Patricia, beautiful embellishments,
    you have had a stressful few days, poor John really feel for him, hope it improves soon
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, poor John and poor you too, no wonder you were so tired. I hope that the pain will ease once he has had a chance to rest it.
    Your card is stunning. Such a gorgeous design, amazing flower and beautiful lace.
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

  13. Patricia, I see Kate liked our card, I say our seeing how you kindly made this stunning card from the both of us for her special birthday.

    Hazel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia and everyone. Wow, and double wow. Just gorgeous!
    Did think the frilly edges were die cut at first glance.
    You can see why sleep deprivation has been used as a form of torture so you both have my sympathy. Hopefully John will feel better soon.
    Looking forward to November! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabby card and what a lucky recipient xx hope things start to settle down for you all and that you manage to get some sleep tonight xx pain + lack of sleep = not a good combination xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty card bet your pal loved it.
    Hugs
    Wynneth
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia, I truly hope that John has managed to get some sleep, and indeed yourself, when your 'nearest and dearest' is in such pain you feel so, at a loss, when you can't help. Hopefully the trip to A&E helped by putting the mind at rest. My thoughts are with you both.
    Your Birthday card is beautiful, as always, your friend will love it.
    Please watch yourself, Patricia, as you will be running on adrenalin.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Patricia I bet your friend was very pleased with it

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia, lovely image and the fine lace finishes it beautifully! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, I'm having a catch up again, the weeks just get busier & busier, it's ridiculous, but I do like to visit & comment on my friends blogs! This card is gorgeous, I love all the elements & finishing touches, beautiful Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, Patricia this is just sensationally stunning, I am in awe of your creation xx Christine H

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Patricia, what a stunning card! I love the gorgeous colour and the pretty lacey edge and flowers
    Sorry to hear John is in so much pain :(
    Huge Hugs Mau xx.

    ReplyDelete