Wednesday, 12 June 2013

"Ooops"

Hello Blog friends, how are you all??  
What about this weather!!! we had the heating on last night and this morning.  Flaming June!!!! and no heat.....!!!  
When the sun does manage to get through the clouds it is hot.  We have had a few blinks of sun this afternoon and that was it, I blinked and missed it.   I have a wool cardie on sitting here typing this.
 Oh! Patricia stop moaning, sorry folks but I really do need the heat.  I do not lie in the sun but I certainly like to see it and feel it is actually there.
 Today`s card is one I made along at the Tearoom yesterday to demonstrate a very easy card.  A few ladies said they would like to make cards but felt it would be difficult.  Some thought they would need expensive "machines"   There are 2 Cuttlebugs and 2 Grand Caliburs along in the workshop that they will get the use of.    Wish I had had the use of some equipment when I started card making.   I had to buy everything myself and it was all trial and error.  More error than anything else in the beginning.


I found this beautiful backing paper, to show a very easy card.

Base card approx 5 x 7 white card
Piece of pink card stock
The backing paper which I attached to the pink card
Pink Organza ribbon, I tied round these then attached to the Base card
Tied a triple bow and attached using a glue gun then added the little gem also with the glue gun
Found the sentiment in a box, added that to a piece of the pink card and attached 

Beautiful paper, Pretty card .............right!!  Till I looked at it after everyone had gone.........have you noticed!!!!    
Yep!!! it is Christmas paper!!!!.
Oh! well I did do a simple card to show the ladies.  I do hope they did not think that I am a bit "simple" not noticing it was Christmas Paper.. 
I have an appointment with the Optician tomorrow, my right eye is still bothering me.............that`s my excuse and I am sticking to it

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by and leaving all your lovely comments I really do appreciate each and every one.

Patricia   xxx




Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. I would never have realised it was Christmas paper if you had not said it. Gorgeous card and as pink is my favourite colour I love it. Nice to have you back on a regular basis and Hazel is doing a great job with her blog now,

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have noticed only you pointed it out - even then it is not obvious. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia. Well, I did zoom in for a closer look as I thought I was seeing things as its late and time for bed but no matter, its gorgeous anyway!
    Night night. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    Hee Hee Hee, had to have a chuckle, not at the card, but how you wrote your post up, I think it is a lovely 'simple' card, love your little bow.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Patricia, I think the wonderful paper works well for any occasion and I love the bow.
    I hope your optician appointment goes okay
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Evening Patricia, wouldn't have noticed, I think is lovely, and just the thing to demonstrate a simple card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia,
    fabulous card. I too have that card stock and it's very lovely. I love what you have created with it. As someone said it could be used at any time.
    Snap I have had to have new glasses too, and I only had my last pair about 7 months ago.
    Yes we really do need some sun, I can;t believe I'm wearing a woolie in June.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Patricia, I think the paper is lovely and wouldn't have noticed it was Christmas! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Patricia

    Well done on nearly getting there this morning Patricia! Nudge nudge! wink wink! ROFL! I did laugh!

    Lovely card and you know, I think the paper is lovely for anytime!! After all we get snow in June!!!!

    Hoping to craft today too yeah!

    Bye for now
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. well I didn't notice till you said Patricia, Think I need new glass`s.
    Still a beautiful card, do love the colours.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Patricia. I never noticed it was Christmas paper , I was so busy admiring it and the lovely card. Like you I had start with very simple things like decoupage as I could sit and cut them out in the evening. How did I accumulate all this stash? Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Patricia, I would not have noticed until you pointed out the Christmas theme... they look like flowers.. Love the card!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card and I must say I did look at the paper and wonder if it was snowflakes but to be fair I don't think it is that obvious!! (maybe I need to visit the opticians as well)!! xx but the card is gorgeous and lucky people who will be attending your demos xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Patricia, would never have thought Christmas either. The buying was good fun though, lol. Good luck with your optician, would offer to swap as I have the dreaded knee consultant today. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Patricia, the pink bow looks fab and ...I love those snowflakes! lol

    I hope your eye gets better soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Patricia, Christmas paper or not! Love the paper, the embossing is so striking. Sometimes wish I could get more effect with my embossing folders. Some makes are better than others!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Patricia - despite the Christmas paper. It's gorgeous, and very easy to change your sentiment if necessary. Like you, I don't sit in the sun (being so fair I burn and I just cannot deal with sun anyway) but I do like to feel the warmth. And we really shouldn't need fires on in June !!!!! Glad I managed my cycle ride yestreday - today is atrocious. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Patricia and would not have know it was Christmas paper

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. To be honest I never would have guessed it was Christmas paper either Patricia! I just thought, wow, such fab paper! Love your card! I´m like you, I love to see the sun, we´ve had nothing but rain all day, so boring! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful papers and it looks great on this card.
    it makes it very elegant.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha Ha Ha Patricia! I didn't even see it was Christmas Paper till you pointed it out!!! Such a fabulous card though, fantastic impact when put up on display!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete