Tuesday, 25 June 2013

"Siler Wedding Wishes"

Hello Blog friends, hope you are all well.
Thank you for calling in today, great to see you all.
Have you seen the number of followers I have now ...................... 96!!
Welcome to my new followers, thank you so much for choosing to follow me here in my wee corner of Blogland.  A few weeks ago I said I would start putting together a few goodies to celebrate getting to 100 followers thinking it would be about Christmas.  Oh! Oh! I had better get a move on I think it might be a little sooner.
A lot better in this house once again, a good nights sleep was had by both of us.   Thank you all very much for your kind words and thoughts.  Took John to Perth this morning he wanted to get his hair cut.  Really don`t know why is was so necessary, he`s not going anywhere!!!   Took him almost to the door of the Barbers Shop.  Once that was done we crossed the road and I sat him in a cafe while I went off to get a few things, went back for him in the car.  Bit of a pain as he insisted I use his car, it is easier for him to get in and out of.   It is much higher and bigger than mine and you just cant nip into little spaces so easily.
Today`s card is a Silver Wedding Card.  
I made one for a customer last week and forgot to photograph it.  She had shown her card to Yvonne`s mum (girl who is celebrating her Silver Wedding)  she said "OMG!! I cant give my daughter the card I have bought when I see that.    Do you think Patricia would make a card for me?"  
Here is what I did, of course it had to be very different from the one I had already done for the couple. A bit of brain power needed and there is not many crafting ideas going on in my brain at the moment.



Base card 8 x 8 
I cut some white card slightly less than 8 x 8 to use as a base to work on
I embossed a piece of not to shiny Mirri Card with the tumbling Hearts Folder, a piece of white card with a Dotty Folder
Cut these slightly smaller than my working base card then cut them diagonally and placed them together
Computer generated the greeting cut that out using SB Opulent Ovals
Cut the larger size of the same Die in Mirri and attached
Used Heartfelt Creations by SB Delicate Aster Die for the flowers plus the leaf Die that comes with the set
Popped some small pearls in the centre of the flowers
When it was finished I felt it need something in the bottom corner.  Found the Die Cut corner in my box, don`t know if it is quite right however the customer was over the moon.

Thank you so much for calling by today I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxx



    
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia. Glad to hear that you both got a decent sleep last night. I always feel you can cope better through the day if you have a good night's sleep. Your card is really stunning and absolutely perfect for a Silver Wedding. I could go to my bed and sleep right now. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love the design...simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete

  3. Evening sis, I see you have posted early too! I thought I would do mine early as I have been so busy I might just fall asleep.

    Your card is stunning, and I am sure the customer will be over the moon with it.

    See you in the morning. Remember my cards. Thank you.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Silver Wedding card Patricia. Glad to hear John is feeling better. Mind you, men can be soi contrary at times can't they? Still, where would be without them? Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Patricia love the detailing
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Patricia. Lovely card and it looks great done on the diagonal. Glad sleep has returned to your household. Ah ladies, we would only be bored without the fellas!
    I can only dream of the dizzy heights of 96 followers. Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful wedding card Patricia. I love the pretty flowers and embossing.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Patricia. Love the embossing and those lovely flowers. I need to make a silver anniversary card for my lovely eldest niece and her husband. I'll need to get a move on cos their anniversary is on Monday and they live on the Isle of Lewis! Luckily any cards I send there arrive the next day!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Silver Wedding Anniversary card Patricia, love the design beautiful embossing, gorgeous delicate aster flowers.
    glad you both got some sleep.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Patricia, Love the way you have designed the card, lovely embossing and the mirri with white is so elegant.

    pleased you both got some sleep, hope it continues.

    Thank you for your email, makes me feel supported, hugs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Patricia. Love the embossing. Glad that you both are getting some sleep - that must mean that your husband is not in so much pain-which is good. Long may it last.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a really lovely card and comment-you must br pleased. I know I would be.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    what a really stunning card. Love the design and the asters. I bet they were so pleased to have 2 cards from such a great crafts person as yourself.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia, This card is beautiful, the recipient will be over the moon getting two beautiful handcrafted cards by yourself.
    So glad that you both managed to have a good night's sleep, sleep is necessary for the body to re-charge, and hopefully John's pain will feel less strong today.
    I felt for you when you mentioned having to drive John's car, I would never be able to drive Graham's ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning,
    I have been looking at your blog for a few days now and thought I must comment. A beautiful card, love the design and I must get these aster flower dies they are so pretty.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia a stunning card I bet they were thrilled to receive it! I hate driving my DH's car too - why must men always have big cars, I mean there is only 2 of us!! Hope John feels better and you can continue to get a good night's sleep! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fabulous card Patricia, one of my fave combos is white and silver - love it.
    Glad you caught up with the sleep thing, nothing worse than sleep deprivation - ask me how I know!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and what a fab idea to use the different colours and embossing cut on the diagonal it really works - luv it xx glad things seem to be settling down a bit with the knees xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia

    That is so beautiful! Well done to do another so soon after the first!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally elegant and super stylish card Patricia, such a wonderful design, too! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card Patricia! I great idea with the silver piece. A beautiful design, very stylish! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Patricia, very elegant.. Super layout too, hugs Carole Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia,
    Stunning. Love the layout, and the Aster flowers.
    Hope you have another good nights sleep tonight.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another stunning card and your design is just beautiful.
    Pleased to hear John is feeling better and hope your good nights sleep continues xx Christine H

    ReplyDelete