Thursday, 27 June 2013

"Wedding Day Wishes"

Hello Blog friends, thank you for visiting me and for all your lovely comments.
Today for the first time in ages I have had some "me" time.  That sounds rather selfish but I have really missed just being able to shut myself in the kitchen, make a mess, play with bits of paper and card
John, Audrey and the boys are almost a week into their Adventure trip in America, we are missing them and they still have two more weeks away.    
My friend Pearl is at long last getting somewhere with her house and is busy seeing all the carpets being laid today.  Next week she starts getting her furniture out of storage.  I do hope it has survived, she managed to get some things out before the water got at them.  Others things did get damp, hopefully they will be OK .   Lots of her treasured possessions were destroyed and had to be dumped.  Her cottage is looking good having been stripped right back to the bare brick work and put together again.   Although I love it poor Pearl is so sad that the "old cottage" feel has been ripped out of the place.  I tried to reassure her that yes it now looks rather modern but once she gets her traditional bits and pieces of furniture back in that will help.   Pearl has lots of little antique bits and pieces mixed with more modern things and it all worked before I am sure it will all work once again.   


Today`s card is one I did for my "lady" in the village.  She is almost 90 and still does most of her "BIG" garden by herself.  You should see it, it is absolutely beautiful.  She has won so many prizes for "Best Garden in Show" at the local Agricultural Show in Newtyle each year.  I noticed the judges walking round it the other day when I was along delivering this card.  We will see what she wins this year.

Base card 6 x 6 white card
Piece of white card, I inked the Embossing folder with Fired Brick ink using my Brayer and embossed the card.  I think this was the second piece of card I ran through it is very delicate.  I had this piece in my box from when I was on the Inking/Embossing Day I had a few weeks ago
Computer generated greeting cut out with a SB Die (don`t know the name) I have had that Die a long time.  I dusted the edges with Fired Brick while the greeting was sill in the Die
Roses cut using SB Blossom Five Die and SB Foliage Die for the leaves
Lightly dusted the leaves while they were still in the Die plus just the very small bits I used to create the centres of the roses

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for popping in today I really appreciate your visit
Bye for now
Till next time

Patricia   xxxx





Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love your flowers & fabulous embossing... Simply Beautiful!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully elegant card Patricia, I love the touch of colour added the the embossing and your flowers are gorgeous
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia. Gorgeous embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card Patricia. I love the embossing folder. And your roses are absolutely fabulous. Hope John is feeling much better too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Patricia, the flowers re so pretty. Hope John's knees are improving. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! So is the 90 year old getting married? LOL! Your family must be having a great time! They will soon be back enjoy the rest! !
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wedding card Patricia, love the touch of colour too. Your lady friend must be amazing gardening at her great age and winning prizes too.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, a true Patricia special, just love it. Such a time poor Pearl has gone through, finally an end is in sight. I do hope her furniture is unspoilt when it is brought out of storeage, send her my best wishes.
    Have a little more me time today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Patricia, the flowers are stunning! I bet your family are having a fabulous time in the US - where did they go? The SB die is beaded ovals! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Patricia loving your roses they really are set off by that embossed background
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that embossing folder - and the roses speak for themselves! Great card. I'm sopleased things are at last moving forward for Pearl. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Patricia. I did also wonder if the 90 year old was getting married lol. Beautiful card. The embossing folder is lovely as are the roses. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, I am so pleased that Pearl is at last getting somewhere with her cottage, it has been a really long and drawn out 'affair', I can understand her upset, and she will soon have it looking how she wants it.
    Your card is really beautiful, I love the subtle 'faux letterpress' inking, I really must give this a try, and your flowers are, as always, stunning.
    I hope your friend, of 90, does win something, how exciting for her, she must be really fit, I do my garden and my back complains, and out comes the Deep Heat rub ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous a fabulous creation, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so elegant Patricia. the embossed background and flowers look so pretty. Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so elegant Patricia, I just love it, the beautiful embossed background and those wonderful roses, what a wonderful card to receive.
    Hopefully you'll get some me time today too, have a great day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Its so classy Patricia.
    Glad Pearl is getting sorted, and hope John is improving.
    My daughter and hubby had 5weeks touring America on a motor bike last year and I so missed her :( they set up a blog so we could follow their adventures, which was amazing.
    Sorry I have been so short of time lately but had a catch up on your creations :)
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Patrica, your wedding creations is simply adorable, i love all the white on white and the flowers are amazing too.
    have a lovely weekend dear

    Much Love, Dunja xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautifully elegant this is, superstylish card Patricia, love those wonderful blooms! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a truly stunning card and just luv the flowers, they are perfect xx hopefully you will have some 'me' time over the weekend too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning Patricia, so stylish and the flowers are beautiful, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful Patricia! Love the subtle hint of colour!
    Can't believe the lady is 90 and still does her garden! Good for her and I do hope she wins something!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful card Patricia, love this embossing and those fabulous flowers.
    pleased with the news about Pearl.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!!Soo Elegant and Beautiful Patricia! Love the delicate embossed BG and your Gorgeous Roses!! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    it's lovely to hear about how Pearl's cottage is coming along. I'm sure as you said she will feel a lot more happier when she is surrounded by her bits of furniture, and antiques that survived, that awful disaster.
    Your card is superb as always. Love that embossing folder used. Fabulous roses too.
    I have just made some gold roses to go on my sister's golden wedding card, but they didn't look right on the style card so I am using the SB Aster die instead. Oh well I'm sure they will go on something else.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A stunning card Patricia and just love the embossing folder you have used and of course your roses are as always just beautiful. So pleased for Pearl I am sure in time she will feel she has her home back again. Still gardening at 90 that deserves a medal in it's self, what a fit lady she must be, keeping my fingers crossed for her xx Christine H

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful and elegant card!!

    ReplyDelete