Sunday, 28 July 2013

"A Card for Pearl"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of Blogland.  
Thank you so much for calling in today.  
I am trying hard to get my "Bits to be worked on" corner cleared up.  It is on one end of the Dining Room table.  The John Jnr and the boys are coming for their tea (mummy is working)   We usually just eat in the kitchen but I thought I would set the Dining room table just for a change. Of course that was before  I realised how much stuff was there.
Just thought I would show you ..... !!!


The weather here is absolutely awful, the rain not taking time to come down.  We really should not complain we have had more of a summer so far than we have had in years......but I am sure we will.
Below is the card I made for Pearl to go with the tissue box I made for her Bathroom.  I made a box for her bedroom using some the wallpaper she used in it.  I still have paper from her Lounge and a couple of her other rooms.  I just hope she does not want them done as well.  The boxes are not that hard to make I have just made it very hard for myself for some reason.   The fist one I made a mistake with the lid, that did not fit, I had to make another .... no real problem just ever so frustrating. The one I did for her Bedroom was a total disaster had to the whole thing again.  I really do not know what I did, I had the measurements all there in front of me. 
I was to take them along last week.  When I phoned her husband said she had the offer of work at the Golf at Muirfield.  She took that and was away for the week.  She is back but her mother is not too well, she is at her house looking after her.  Poor Pearl she has had one thing after another in the past 8 months.


Base card approx 5 x 7 white card
Grey card stock
Pink card stock
Piece of Pearl`s Bathroom paper
Computer generated greeting matted to match the card

That`s it for just now.  
I am a wee bit behind with my Blog Commenting but I will catch up I promise.
Thank you for all your lovely comments I really do appreciate them
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. This is stunning Paticia! I love the box you have on your table, I presume that is going to be a tissue box? Your table is pristine compared to my craft room!! Have a wonderful tea with your family! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia. What an interesting table. Looking forward to seeing the finished creations. We still have another week to go before our holiday ends. I'm missing all my crafty bits, but I have managed some stamping. Raining heavily in Haddington too. Enjoy your time with the family. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia love the box you're working on
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Patricia, when I first looked I thought you had been away shopping, hee hee. Weather hasn't decided what to do today, but boy did it horse down last night. Hope you get another bit of Summer yet. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Patricia, that is gorgeous paper, I can just see it in a room, stunning.

    You should see my dining table, this looks tidy.

    Dull and grey here, raining hard at times smirrie at others. Unfortunately I need to go out, forgot some shopping yesterday and you can't have steak pie without tatties, have a good day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's lovely Patricia it complements the card perfectly. Sorry I am late things not getting done quickly this morning or this weekend actually and I have so much to do before bedtime!! I am trying to catch up with blogs in between times I do hope I have not missed anybody :(

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely Patricia!Such pretty blooms. We've had heavy rain showers late last night, but now the sun is shining slightly again. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful card and such lovely paper...cant wait to see your box

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

  9. Big Sis, gosh between me coming over last night and making your kitchen table be covered with my project stuff now you have to clear your dinning table, of all your bits. I have to clear mind for Tammy and them coming for tea, but I won't show a photo of what looks like at moment.

    I loved Pearl card when I saw it last night. Have fun with the boys.

    Hazel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia,
    fabulous card to go with the tissue box. I do love her choice of wallpaper. I should imagine it looks very nice in a cottage, and doesn't it make super craft items.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent! That is a card looks like a painting you did. Nice to be hung up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous, I love the way you have used the wallpaper and lovely sentiment.
    I do all my crafting on the the dining table which means I have to clear away everyday before dinner!!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Pearl has certainly been through trials over the last 8 months or so. You are a good friend! This is a lovely card. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Patricia, the paper is beautiful.
    Hope Pearl gets a break very soon, what a year she's had.
    Thanks for your sweet comment about my sister Patricia, I hope the hospital give us some answers this week and her arm and hand are sorted.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Patricia as always, Love that paper...& the tissue box was fab Too... Have a great week... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Patricia. I'm sure Pearl will love it. Sounds like she deserves something nice.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, Thank you so much for visiting me and your lovely encouraging comments :D Especially when you have been pretty busy yourself! What with your Grand Children visiting and having to remodel Pearl's boxes ( that was a real shame:{) I think your dining table looks fine, it would take a very long time to clear my crafty table, good job I don't use it for anything else or we'd never eat LOL
    The card you made from Pearl's wallpaper is stunning and I'm sure she will love it too, it will cheer her up!
    Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia
    stunning card. I love using wallpaper on cards (not sure the local DIY shops feel the same lol!)
    Hope your friend has some good times to come to balance out the rough patch.
    Night night.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic idea! Hope Pearl frames it, will look super in the bathroom!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete