Friday, 26 July 2013

"Altered Cheese Box & Bean Tin"

Hello and welcome to my wee corner of Blogland.
Thank you for popping in, I love to have you visit.
I mentioned last week about an altered "Cheese Box" which sparked a few comments. 
The boys are always looking for projects to do when they are here.  So between the Cheese Boxes and Bean and tall Rice Tins we have great fun.
The best boxes are the "triple layer" ones they give a bigger working area for small hands.  Any box with a lid will give hours of fun.
Hazel has also used these ideas to work with her Grandsons and the girls.  Cheap and cheerful,so what if they make a mess it has only cost the bits of paper plus a few embellishments.  That`so cheap to have the fun they do.  So here are the things to keep in mind for a rainy day during the school holidays.  Not that we want them but we might just get "one"

Sorry I do not have other views as the box, this was done before I really thought about theses sort of things.
Take all the loose paper off the box, paint inside and out (I use Bog Standard cheap emulsion paint)
Leave to dry.  Decorate with lace & ribbon or just pretty paper.  I cut a few different size SB Scallop Circles and some SB Foliage for the top.  The rose was made using just a SB classic circle Die.  Buy some bunches of cheap flowers for the kids to use. You often get stems of flowers in the £1 shops .... perfect !!!

The tins are covered with Corrugated card mine came inside packages delivered.    This has been painted over, buy little tester pots of colours.  Let that dry, paint over with white emulsion, rub some off while still wet to give a distressed look.  Decorate with bits and pieces.  One little "tip" the tops of the tins are sharp so before you start line the tin with card to come "just" above the top rim of the can. By the way the tins are the "ring pull" tins

That`s it for today.  I hope you find these things useful, we certainly do in this house
Thank you for calling into day I really appreciate that you take time to that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

16 comments:

  1. Good Evening Patricia, these are so lovely, amazing what can be done with items you would just throw out. Love that rose, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are beautiful Patricia. I love all the detailing you have added and of course your gorgeous flowers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea Patricia I bet they loved doing them! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Patricia,
    What great projects from throw away items, just lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous altered boxes Patricia. I did my first altered tin , which I as quite pleased with, then stupidly gave it to a friend and forgot to take the picture. MAybe one day I'll get round to trying again! Have a good weekend. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia,fabulous projects, love your flowers, colour and embellishments,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these creations Patricia your flowers are gorgeous
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Patricia or should I say Madam Chaulet (for folk who remember the Wombles)
    I shall be scouring the cheesy triangle shelves at the supermarket tomorrow. I always throw my wooden camembert boxes away but could reuse them so thanks for the great ideas.
    Have great day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm down my little Turkish Delights.
      In fairness, I do bake the camemberts in the boxes so there's usually a cheesy mess on them.
      From now on, I will think out of the box . . . . . Literally hahaha! x

      Delete
  9. Two fabulous projects Patricia both beautifully decorated and embellished....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia,
    I loved these when you first showed them. Excellent projects. I still have a cheese box sitting in one of my craft drawers waiting to be decorated. Must get on with it one day. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three fab projects and like you say a cheap and fun way to keep the grand-kids occupied and using their imagination - the best kind of learning xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again a beautiful creation with such simple ingredients. Great idea to keep kids amused.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, Stunning box, doesn't even resemble what it started life as, and the tins are simply beautiful, I love the corrugated card wrap around, I have only just managed to do the separation of the cardboard, as some doesn't want to split at all. Love these creations.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE altered things and your tins are looking superb Patricia! What a fine way to dress up such plain things, they look totally elegant now! Hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete