Sunday, 28 July 2013

"Another little Gift Bag"

Hello and welcome, glad you have come to visit me today.
I hope you like what you see and come back another day.  If you have a Blog, please  leave a comment I can then link back to see some of your work.  It is amazing the wonderful world of talent that is out there.  
John and Thomas were to be going to a Model Railway Show.  That was cancelled due to some of the roads to get there being rather badly flooded.  John brought Thomas along and they played upstairs with Grandpas Model Railway.  Robert stayed with his dad, they had a day together, then came along later for tea.  Robert will have day on his own with Grandpa on Friday.  Those boys really love one on one time with Grandpa.
With the boys up stairs that gave me time to "play".  I did some using up of  bits that were gathering dust on the Dining Room table.  I found a couple of 12 x 12 pieces of card stock, decide to use them to make a Gift Bag.  I have some small jars containing Bath Scrub, Body Butter etc:- which need some fancy packaging to sell at the Tearoom.
When I showed the bag I made for Audrey on 21st July, Jenny pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk  mentioned putting my next one into frillyandfunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/any-way-you-fold-it challenge.  I will enter this.  Have you had a look at Jenny`s Blog??  She does some fantastic projects.  Not my style in any way but I just love what she does and admire all her wonderful work


Here is the bag I did today:-

White 12 x 12 Pearlised & Textured Card Stock
Patterned 12 x 12 card stock
Using the white card I cut just one of the largest SB Grand Labels One Die then cut this in half to make the bag frame
I also cut patterned card using the size smaller Die, also cutting this in half, stuck them to white pieces
I made the base similar to the base for my other Gift bags.  A step by step Tutorial can be found if you scroll back to 4th November 2012 
The flap for the bag made using Grand Scalloped Circles in two sizes.  Large in white and smaller in the patterned card to fit the top
Two 12" strips were cut and stuck together for the handle
Holes were punched to attach the handle to the bag with some fancy Brads
I found a couple of Die Cut circles, used them and another of the brads to form the clasp embellishment 
SB butterfly attached, I  added some pearls to the body
The flap of the bag is held to the frame with "Hook & Loop" dots

I hope all this makes some sense
That`s it for today
Thank you  for calling in I really appreciate that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx



22 comments:

  1. Fabulous bag Patricia! I am still here! LOL! Been a long day today, must tell you in an e-mail, promise this week!!!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Big Sis. This looks fabulous, those little jars in this will make a great gift. Enjoy working tomorrow at the tea room, remember flat shoes!!!

    Hazel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Patricia, gorgeous papers and design. Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow and enjoy. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia. A really fabulous design with beautiful detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous bag Patricia. Love the paper you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW just love this bag, the paper is so feminine and will make a beautiful gft when filled. You make beautiful bags and I love to try them out. Enjoy your "Work Day" tomorrow.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bag Patricia I have sent for a bag die just for little gifts and can't wait to have a play
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia what a gorgeous little gift bag and just love the design and colours

    Anne..



    ReplyDelete
  9. Another pretty bag Patricia. I like the lid - must have a go at that. I think I told you that I put handles on one of mine but not a lid. Food for thought indeed. Hope you have a good day today. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, Another beautiful bag, really lovely shape, and gorgeous papers. I, too, follow Jenny's Blog, she does some amazing makes.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia, what a stunning bag I love the paper you have used its gorgeous! I will check Jenny's blog out! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia
    Another lovely bag but we expect no less. Enjoy your day at the Tea Room. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Patricia, yet another gorgeous gift bag, the papers are quite beautiful and the bag is such a lovely shape, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really lovely bag you are making me itch to do something other than cards for a change! LOL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia,
    A very pretty gift bag anybody would be delighted to receive a gift in it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gorgeous bag - luvin it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad you were able to get play time too!! Your bag is beautiful and Love the paper you used. The shape is so elegant and pretty. Nice project!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute gift bag!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, another beautiful bag... gorgeous paper! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous gift bag Patricia, love these papers, don't like to cut mine lol
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Humble apologies for not catching up with this fantastic bag sooner Patricia. SO pleased you have joined us at Frilly and Funkie with your wonderful bag. Love the choice of contrasting papers and die cut embellishments. I bet this will get snapped up very quickly. Thank you too for the kind words; I really appreciate them and will try to live up to them! Huge hugs as ever, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful bag Patricia ! Love the butterfly embellishment ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete