Sunday, 21 July 2013

"Audrey`s Gift Bag"

Hello Bloggers.
Thank you for calling in today, I love that you take time to come visit and leave your lovely comments. 
Earlier I posted the little tools I have found handy.  A bit different for me but someone did ask on a  post last week about them.  
That done I got on with crafting, I had a Wedding card to make for Hazel`s daughter.  Nearly there, not quite finished but getting on with it.

I can show you the bag I made to hold the gift I gave Audrey for her birthday yesterday.  I had bought a very delicate lacy scarf for her.  Audrey is like me she loves her scarves, three of her friends also gave her a scarf so looks like she will have plenty of choice when it comes to scarf wearing time again.  Luckily I had popped some money in with her card so she buy something other than a scarf..........LOL!!! 
The bag was a bit of an experiment, it worked out not too bad.  Would probably make a few adjustments if I did another one.


The main part of the bag was made using SB Grand Labels One in burgandy card
I used a smaller size for the contrasting panel in card from a Card Stack.   I got it at a bargain price in Dunelim Mill around Christmas time
SB Grand Scalloped and Classic circles for the flap of the bag
Handle made with two strips of the contrasting card stuck together and fastened to the top of the bag with some brads
SB Heart dies, a Marianne Butterfly Die and some Pearls for the decoration

Audrey was delighted with the bag, she said she thought she might re-use for a friend it in the future.  However she has now decided she will keep on the chest of drawers in her bedroom.  I can feel an order for one coming on sometime soon.  Hopefully not too soon
That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by again, I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
 
 



Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag Patricia - very different project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous bag Patricia. I love the design and beautiful butterfly. It's a gift in itself, I'm not surprised that Audrey was so thrilled with it.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a very pretty bag, Patricia...love those colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second attempt I commented and it did not appear! Lovely bag, colors and design just beautiful. I would want to keep it too.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag just so pretty and one of my favourite paper pads
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How strange Patricia. The other day I was experimenting with the bags to make something a little different too. I didn't think of a lid but I did come up with handles. I love your lid so I will have to have a go with that too. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Patricia. It's quite overcast this morning in East Lothian. What a fabulous bag for a gift. You certainly could not buy one as nice a this anywhere. Hugs Rita xxxxx.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Patricia

    Simply stunning! I really love it. I bet you will get orders for more than one!! LOL!!!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. no wonder hazel loved it Patricia, it`s gorgeous, one of my favourite paper pads.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Patricia, this is gorgeous, quite a different shape and what beautiful papers you've used, love it.
    I've got mine displayed too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia what a pretty bag! I am sure Elaine will want some more for the display case lol!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    A very pretty bag, love the papers and the butterfly.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, A gorgeous bag, you are a genius designing these gorgeous gift bags.
    The tools look really useful too, especially the craft bug for perforating, I too have a problem with the paper piercing, I broke my left wrist many years ago, and it is very mis-shapen and weak, and when I do the paper piercing, it is agony, so this little tool looks brilliant, thank you for the info.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx
    PS We have had cloud all weekend, my Graham was expecting to spend loads of time outside and perhaps top up his tan, isn't it typical, bits of sunshine this morning, but supposedly thunder storms are on their way xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    this is a stunningly beautiful bag. I love this design.
    Thank you for sharing it with us. You are a very clever crafty person. May try this one day.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Patricia, I've just been catching up with all your latest 'makes' and all are absolutely beautiful. I'm sorry I haven't been around very much. I hope you are well and enjoying life. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very very partial to bags and yours turned out wonderfully Patricia! Great design! Also love your baby card that you made a couple of days ago, so very very sweet and most adorable! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful giftbag Patricia! A lovely shape and beautiful colours! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous gift bag Patricia: I love the colour & design, very elegant! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia
    Gorgeous gift bag and I wouldn't want to part with it either. x

    ReplyDelete

  20. I can see these bags being popular, big sis. I haven't shown them to Tammy yet. They are just what she will be wanting for those little gifts at Christmas. You know what she is like, then again I might just be ordering some to.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful gift bag Patricia, just perfect for a scarf! You are sooooooooooo clever!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous bag and a definite 'keeper' luv it and the colours xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that is a brilliant bag Patricia. Love the colours you've used and the oh so pretty butterfly. When you make the next one you could pop it into the latest Frilly and Funkie challenge (which is folds) so an even wider audience can see how clever you are - just a thought?! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty bag Patricia love your embellishments....a perfect bag for a special little gift

    Anne

    ReplyDelete