Wednesday, 24 July 2013

"Be Unique"

Hello and welcome to my Blog.  I hope you are all well, if any of you are feeling a bit poorly I send you a big HUG!!
 We have had a very nice day here after the terrible Thunder & Lightening last night.  Started very misty, that soon lifted to give a really warm sunny day.  The boys were here so it let them get out to run about.  They went off with Grandpa for a bike ride.  Robert 6 was with them so they did not go too far, a round trip of just about 5 miles.  They still needed supplies though.  Water, crisps and some chocolate, when they got back they still had most of the chocolate.  Thomas came in and said "Granny why did you give us chocolate it melted".  I never packed the bag it was Grandpa ....... when I  told him this, his answer was "It must have gotten hotter after Grandpa packet it"   Grandpa can do no wrong in that boys eyes!!!!
I was having a bit of a tidy up of some card and paper.  I found some 6 x 6 Co-ordinations card stock so decide to use some of the colours that normally do not appeal to me.  That`s probably why they were at the bottom of the box.  


Base card 6 x 6 white card
Piece of 6 x 6 dark beige card cut slightly smaller
Piece of brown card also cut smaller and run through a Crafters Companion embossing folder and sanded back
Corners cut using a SB Die I have no idea of the name, I got it before I started Blogging.  Took them from the package and stuck them on a piece of Magnetic Sheet and in a little wallet.  I have learnt to do things differently now!!!!
A piece of paper I found in my Bit Box and I know it is a Nit Wit paper but cant remember from which collection.  I really love some of the Nit Wit papers.  I have loads of the collection but sometimes I do forget about them
A mat using SB Scalloped Circle Die
Sentiment I found in my "Die cut Bit Box" the other evening.  It had been cut out in white and not used.  I inked it up to take the stark look away.  I thought it was quite a nice sentiment
I think I must buy some of these Gilding Waxes I feel the corners should be a bit brighter

That`s it for tonight
Thank you for popping in, I realy appreciate that.  
I receive so many kind messages and I truly try to respond to everyone.  Please know I am so thankful that you take time to comment
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

 

 


Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card!! Love all the details, very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia
    Had gone to bed but couldn't settle so having a mug of camomile tea and then will try again.
    A very pretty card and well done for using stuff you're not so keen on.
    I've looked at your original altered cheese box and its fab so you must bring it out of the reeds quick smart lol!
    Sleep well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the design with those wonderful die cut corners and beautiful sentiment.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, beautiful card and love your colours, my kind of shades. Gorgeous dies too
    Very hot and sticky here tonight, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous layout, Patricia...I love those corner dies and such a lovely sentiment, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Patricia, those corner dies make a fab design, love the colours
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Patricia and I love your corner dies, great layout and colours
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, A beautiful card, loving how you are using up the 'stuff' that doesn't normally appeal to you, and making it into a fantastic 'creation', absolutely loving the corner dies, and the sentiment is lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  9. Well big sis you have stepped out of the old comfort zone for you, using colours that you don't really like well done.

    Hazel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Patricia. Whatever the dies are called, they make a great card. John arrived home safely at 1 am this morning. I can relax now. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia,
    Well done on using stuff you had forgotten. Very pretty corners.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia another beauty I love the sentiment! I'm afraid I did that with all my earlier SB dies threw the packets away and put them on magnetic sheets, now I keep them in the packets. I find the store handy on SB web site I can go in there and find the name of the die easy peasy! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card and hats off to you for stepping out of your comfort zone - I luv these colours and luvin your card and sentiment and again for using bits from your 'bit box' xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Patricia love those corner dies...its good sometimes to step out of our comfort zone...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Patricia, these corners are fabulous.

    Typical your grandson thinks grandpa can do no wrong!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is absolutely stunning Patricia. love the corners. fab colours. stunning and professional x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have done really well with what you are not fond of Patricia. Well done! It isn't easy when you don't like what you have to work with but it clears the stash.:)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card as always Patricia, I love the colours and your corners are great. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Patricia, so effective! I've been looking at those Gilding Waxes too thinking shall I or shan't I! As if I haven't got enough stuff already!!!!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete