Wednesday, 10 July 2013

"Frayed round the Edges!"

Hello and welcome to my Blog where I hope that sometimes you can get a little inspiration.  I know when I go Blog Hopping I discover that there is so much talent out there it is "mind blowing"
Today our weather was dramatically cooler, such a relief, I was up early baking and cooking for the boys coming back.  
It was John Jr's birthday yesterday, he should have been here but they all spent the day in Philadelphia, a much better option I would have thought.   We had a "Party Breakfast"  Bacon Butties and Birthday Cake, now how "Posh" was that???
They arrived much earlier than I expected but I was ready!!!  They landed right on time 6.50am. got through customs quick smart, "all" their bags were going round on the carousel as they approached.  They had arranged for their car to be brought to the door of the Airport (or as near to the door as you get these days) they were off.  Through Glasgow no problems, they phoned when they were on the far side of Perth so I had 30 mins to get everything ready.  I was up from the crack of dawn so was well organised.
Poor Thomas who is 8 almost 9 got so excited at getting to our house to see his Grandpa he made himself sick.  He ended up having to lie down.  He fell asleep, slept here at our house from 10am till 6.30pm.  Mum, Dad and Robert left Thomas here went home and fell asleep as well.

Now! it is not me that is "Frayed round the Edges" just my card................................!!!


Base card 6x6 White card
Lilac paper with stars on it, a Freebe from a Magazine
Piece of card I had done the Inked Folder technique on and was not that good (a bit blotchy) put to good use where you don`t see the damage!!!
Some pink/lilac card which I stitched round.  The small cheap Sewing Machine is hopeless.  As this card was a bit "shabby" I decided to keep going with the wonky stitching.
The circle Die Cuts I got on eBay.  I found a site that was selling lots of the Memory Box Dies all cut 10 for £1.99.  Thought I would send for a selection of ones I quite liked.   If I really, really liked them I could buy the Die.  Happy to use what I bought, only buying one of the Dies.
Flowers SB Blossom Five plus some other flowers using a Britannia Flower Die I bought at the Great North Papercraft Show in Harrogate earlier this year.
Leaves SB Foliage Die
With love stamped on a pre-cut tag I found while rummaging the other day.
A few pearls from my stash to finish off

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving all your lovely comments.  I really appreciate them, I read each and every one.
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx



Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

  1. Pretty card Patricia! I like the stitching with the frayed edges, matches perfectly!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia the 'wonky' stitching add to the charm, love the card.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the fraying and stitching around the edges Patricia. It makes this stand out from so many other cards that use die cuts. You have also composed your arrangement of flowers, pearls and sentiment beautifully. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you were so pleased to see your family home safe and sound. Your card is so stunning and I love the flower placement too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia, I love the design with your beautiful flowers and a pretty colour scheme.
    Glad you family had a good journey home, I expect it was lovely to see them again
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia,
    Another treat of a card today. Very pretty. Haven't had a bacon sarny for a while so could have done with a photo of yours too LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Patricia, fab flowers and the wonky stitching looks perfect! Glad they all got home safe you must be pleased to have them all back. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card and I love the stitching around the edge an d the mixture of the two different makes of dies xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Love the distress look Patricia, Stunning flowers... So glad your family arrived home safe... The bacon butties & cake sound right up my street... I hope Thomas has settled now after having sometime with Grand-dad (bless him)... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Patricia. Such a pretty colour and great die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia..this is so so pretty! I love the colour, which makes is look quite 'delicate' and the stitching and fraying very shabby chic..gorgeous! Glad everyone got home safely..jet lag, a horrible thing. I always get it really badly when I come back from California, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Patricia love your die cut and flowers
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tee hee Patricia .. .. I am pleased that it isn't you that is frayed around the edges!

    Your card is beautiful. Such a lovely shade of pink.

    It sounds like your family have had a lovely time away. Bless your Grandson for getting so excited about visiting. It must be lovely to be thought so much of.

    You have been busy on your blog .. .. sorry it has been a while since I visited :-(

    Thank you for your lovely comments on mine.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Patricia I do love the frayed edges you have done them well I can never make them look good it always looks like war zone when I try to do them! LOL!

    Glad to hear the chicks are all home safe and sound. As for the jetlag eating plenty of carbohydrates on the journey helps. And staying up until your normal bedtime no matter what. That's what I do when I come back from LA and I don't suffer very much at all now :).

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia, A beautiful 'shabby chic' card, I love the frayed edges, and the gorgeous colour, I really love the wreath-like centrepiece, and as always, your flowers are 'to die for'.
    So glad your brood are back on terra firma, and all enjoyed your bacon butties and cake, they did really well with the journey and the airport.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours and fab die cut composition. Great card Patricia. Happy the family is safely home and hopefully now rested. Mustn't get frayed, lol. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty card, I don't do this type of shabby myself , can't make it look good it's always just a mess.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh Patricia I thought you were talking about me and here it is a card that's freyed around the edges, seriously though your card is gorgeous, lovely colours and design. The dies and of course your signature flowers are just stunning. Glad everyone is home safe and soud, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

  19. Big Sis, at first I thought "What ever has she gone and done now". Thankfully it's just your card that's frayed at the edges. A stunning card love the colours.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia and firstly thanks for the visit. Loving your frayed around the edges card, very pretty indeed.
    I hope wee Thomas is feeling better now, have fun with the family.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your "shabby" card Patricia. Beautiful colour and the flowers and the die cuts are gorgeous.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning shabby chic card Patricia...pretty colours and gorgeous flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!! Love the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia,
    another of your really super creations. With those beautiful roses on.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful Patricia - Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another pretty card Patricia, love the frayed edges. Glad the travellers got home safely finally. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! this is amazing Patricia, love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful shabby chic card, Patricia. I love your layout, roses and the pretty colours x

    ReplyDelete