Sunday, 14 July 2013

"Inspiration Copy"

Hello Blog friends,thank you for popping in today.  Hope you have all had a great weekend.
I have to say is a "BIG" thank you to Rita RMG Creations for the inspiration for what I have to offer today.  When I did my daily check of her Blog there it was......an idea for a different gift for my friend Pearl.  
Most of my followers will remember Pearl was flooded out of her house the Friday before last Christmas.   Pearl moved back in to her beloved cottage Tuesday past.  She will take ages to get it back to normal.  With having to try rescuing so many things before they got damaged everything was just "dumped" in what ever container would hold things.  Boxes that were in the garage, suitcases you name it, it was used.  Now that things are all back at the cottage she just has to open the next thing at hand to find out what it contains.  Not like a normal house move where you have an idea what is where.  Anyway Pearl although a bit stressed is so excited about being back home.  
I asked her if she had a piece of the beautiful wallpaper she had used in her Bathroom.  Here is what I did with it.  A Pretty Tissue Box Cover to match her beautiful bathroom.
Pearl gave me left over pieces of wallpaper from her lounge and also one of the bedrooms. She did not know what I wanted the paper for.   She just gave it to me   ....   Pearl is so used to my crazy requests for bits and pieces.  She has not seen this I will pop along with it tomorrow morning/Monday. 


Hazel and I met Kate (cullisocks) yesterday Oh! My did we chat and laugh.  Kate is terrific we met for the very first time a couple of months ago in Inverness where she lives.  This time we met her off the bus in Perth, after hugs all round we started chatting as though we had known each other for ever it was a great feeling.  Had a nice lunch, chatted and laughed so much before we knew it, it was time to take Kate back to the station for the bus and her 3 hour journey back home.

Now my Project for today:-

My box is a standard Square Tissue Box, I measured it and made the box to cover this.   
I used 16 x 16 Centura Pearl Card from Crafters Companion.  
Cut out the squares for the top and the bottom of the box, covered them with the wallpaper and left them to dry before scoring and making up the box.  I had to keep reminding myself to cut the hole in the lid before I made it up. 
Surrounded the edge of the lid with some lace, added a triple loop bow to cover the join in the lace.
SB Scallop and standard oval used to cut out the decoration for the top.

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting and leaving all your lovely comments I really do appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

  
Posted by Picasa

31 comments:

  1. Good Morning Patricia, just beautiful, Pearl will love it, and what gorgeous paper, your wonderful bow just finishes off the whole creation.
    Lovely day with you and Hazel yesterday, hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is getting crazy I've done a tissue box cover today are we all linked via some blog net?!? Yours is beautiful I love this wallpaper nearly bought a roll from laura Ashley (or flora nasty as we called it when I worked for next interiors). But it was nearly 50euros a roll over here
    John x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Patricia! I am sure Pearl will be over the moon. Glad you enjoyed your day with Kate! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea, am sure Pearl is going to be thrilled with it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Box Patricia. I'm sure that pearl will love it. They are so nice to have around when they match the decor of the room. So glad you enjoyed your Day with Kate yesterday. Thank you for the mention, but I'm always happy to share. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is beautiful Patricia and I'm sure it will be well received
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love design and such a great idea to make using the matching wallpaper. I am sure Pearl will be thrilled to receive this.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous box Patricia beautiful papers and love how you've decorated your box

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Patricia I nearly posted bu changwd my mind a box for tissues today that I had done with paint fusion also a make up box but I will wait a bit LOL! Your box is lovely.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a luvly gift idea - I'm sure she will be thrilled with it xx GailT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute project..BTW, I tried to follow you with bloglovin but your widget is not linked to your blog...have you claim your blog with them and then copy/paste the code for your blog? just wandering if you know this...ok keep in touch
    bye bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful box Patricia. A lovely gift and very nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    A very pretty box, I'm sure it will be treasured.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Patricia
    my goodness that's posh paper for a bathroom. I always have those little packs of tissues but perhaps if I had a lovely cover like this, I would use boxes again.
    There is obviously something in the water with tissue box covers today.
    I was saying to Hazel, you should show some of your jewellery too. Its interesting to see what other folks do. I shall keep an eye on Sues neck today.
    Have a good one!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    fabulous tissue box. Lovely paper and design.
    I tried to make one of these after Rita first showed hers quite a few weeks ago, but because of my eyes I can't get the measurements quite right.
    I have now however got a Hougie Board so when I have finished my cards I have to make over the next few weeks. I may try and adapt the measurements to there.
    Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad Pearl is back home. It must be such a relief after all this time! This is a lovely gift for her. Glad you all had a good time yesterday. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tissue box is fabulous, Patricia! Pearl will be thrilled to bits that you made one to coordinate with her bathroom wall paper x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW That is one super gift for your friend Patricia, I think she will be blown away by your gift and what a brilliant wallpaper to work with :D Have a great week, hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely gift for your friend. She'll love it.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet and beautiful gift for your friend, Patricia. Oh she will soooo love this, especially after her ordeal. This sure will be cherished! Hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI Patricia, this is a lovely gift for your friend,she will be thrilled! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful box Patricia, pearl will love this gift.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Patricia this is delightful! Pearl is going to be over the moon when you give her this! What a wonderful gift and so personalised too! Only one of them in the world!!!!!
    So happy Pearl is back home, what an ordeal for her, hope she gets back to normal soon.
    That's was so lovely of you to meet up with a crafting buddy! It will of been non-stop chat and laughs!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello Patricia.
    this is realy delightfull and such a wonderful gift , which is made with love.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Patricia, So, so, glad that Pearl is at last back in her cottage, her emotions will be all over the place at present, as she goes through box after box. She will be over the moon with your beautiful gifts for her, gorgeous paper too.
    So glad you all had a great catch-up on Saturday, I can believe how quickly the time passed, hope Kate recovered from her 3 hour bus ride, but sounds like you all had a 'blast'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful project!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a thoughtful, lovely gift Patricia, it's beautiful Pearl will love it xx Christine H

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia, this is fabulous, would love to see her face when you give it to her. Hope she manages to settle back in and it feel like home to her again.
    Sounds like you had a super day with your friends too.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow Patricia .. .. how special is this? I bet Pearl is over the moon. What an awful ordeal she has been through.

    So pleased that I am not the only one who requests strange things from friends and family LOL!!

    Sounds like you and Hazel had a great time with Kate. Happy times!!!

    Have a great day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete