Tuesday, 30 July 2013

"Just for You"

Hello Blog friends, thank you for popping in today.
I love that you come to visit.  I would like to thank all the people who comment on most of my projects and do not have a working Blog.  I really appreciate that you continue to support me on my Blogging journey.   Even though I can not return the favour by visiting you, I am very grateful.
Not so busy with customers in the Tearoom today.  Still busy though, neither Elaine or I like doing nothing.   We emptied out my cabinet, cleaned all the glass shelves then put everything back in again.  I actually share a few of Elaine`s cabinets.  They were also cleaned and re-organised.  All sparkling and shiny once again. Great days work and of course plenty of chat and laughter.

I made today`s card last week, "John Next Door" had done similar,  I decided to keep mine back for a few days.  


Base card was an 8x8 which I cut down once I had finish the tile work
I inked my embossing folder with "picked Raspberry" distress ink 
Ran my card through, I then cut it into (one and a half) inch squares, inked the edges with the same ink
Fitted all the tiles onto a piece of white card that I had slightly distressed and inked
I then placed that on my base card which I cut to size
I had a piece of Heartfelt Creations Lace Die in my box I used that
Then I cut out lots of different flowers and made them up.  I love making flower, I could spend all day doing just that!!!
The Rose type are a Britannia Die, I made some into Roses others I just offset together
Punched a few little flowers and leaves, added them as well.  Scroll, last one left from the gift I got from a fellow Blogger, I split and used it
Computer generated sentiment and addition of some pearls to finish

Took this along to the Tearoom, a lady bought it before it even got into the cabinet.

That`s it for today 
Off to make a 1st Birthday Card for Elaine`s Granddaughter Mia.  Certainly does not seem a year since she was born. 
Thank you so much for your visit I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my work
I am sorry if I have missed anyone out these past few days.  In the words of Ang  http://theducksdoodahs.blogspot.co.uk  ......   Normal Service will be resumed as soon as possible!!!
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx





Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia
    what a stunning card this evening. Not surprised it got snapped up so quickly.
    The Britainnia rose die is brilliant. I have used it to make fuchsias on the card Im posting on 1st Aug.
    Have a good day tomorrow chuck. We are set for rain all day. . . . . . Deep joy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a quick sale Patricia. Very eye catching card with the lovely embossing and the great flowers. I like this picked raspberry very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the way you have inked the embossing and the wonderful tile effect. Your pretty flowers are arranged so beautifully.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Patricia, I love the subtle pink and all that lovely texture :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia, love how you've made the tiles, and of course your flowers are as ever stunning.
    Pleased you enjoyed your wee spell I the Teashop, but I'm sure you need a restnow , talking about rest I'm up in the wee small hours when what I'd really want is not to be, just one of those sleepless nights.
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Patricia

    It sounds like you are super busy on the cafe front again .. .. but the end is in sight! LOL!!! You will be able to put your feet up tomorrow (hopefully).

    Loving your beautiful card. Great tile effect and gorgeous flowers!

    I share a wedding cabinet in my Sister and her partner's hairdressing salon. I love it when we clean and change it .. .. it spurs me on to design and make more samples!

    Have a good day today.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

  7. Love this Big Sis, I can see why it was snapped up. See you later for a chat.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Patricia great embossing and flower spray
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia, Stunning !! no wonder the lady snapped it up so quickly. I love the tile effect, and the flowers, as always, are stunning. I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Patricia! I am going to have to have a concentrated effort at having another go at roses. How long does it take you to do one? No wonder she bought it right away its stunning! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning card I love the subtlety of the colours and the design is beautiful.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    Can fully understand that this was snapped up, its beautiful, a great array of lovely flowers finishes it beautifully.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so beautiful Patricia and lucky the lady who bought it xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card and not surprised it got 'snapped up' xx I use this method of inking the embossing folder but unfortunately not usually with much success but I think I may have to use more subtle shades of ink so it is not so obvious when bits are missed xx as I said on Heathers blog the other day I will get around to organising a blog for myself so I can post bit and bobs and cards that I make xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUch a lovely crd Patricia and love the tile effect background...no wonder it was snapped up so quickly

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good afternoon Patricia. Not surprising it disappeared so fast, it really is beautiful. The tile effect looks very effective. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo Patricia I love all your flowers and the embossed background. It works perfectly.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness - this is beautiful! I love white on white!! You added just a touch of pink - Beautiful!! I can see why it sold so fast - I would have bought it too.
    How in world did you come up with this tile idea - I am in love with your card!!!!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patricia - could you please check on you Bloglovin' thing - I tried clicking on it several times so I could follow you and could not make it work! Of course I am not the smartest kid on the block with computers!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry for being MIA for a while Patricia, but it's been one of those weeks so far, we're in the midst of our peak season now, so there's hardly time left for blogging... but now that I'm here I can enjoy your stunningly beautiful cards with all their lovely details and your wonderful bag, sheer loveliness!! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the added shade of pink Patricia, gorgeous flowers and love the layout. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Patricia, no wonder it never got as far as the cabinet. Sounds like you're having a busy week right enough. I'm not getting any crafting done and not much blogging as we spent yesterday coming down to Crieff to babysit. Not sure where today went to but at least I've managed to get round some of my favourite blogs this evening.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful card Patricia, love your embossing, with the pink tone, fab layout
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous card!! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    another of your very stunningly super cards. No wonder it was snapped up so soon. Love the design as always.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a difference the tiling effect has here Patricia! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW such fabulous fabulous tile work. Love the blooms you added too
    and Thank you so much for the kind words on my Spinner card tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh me likey this a lot!!!! Might have to pinch the idea! LOL:!!! Made me chuckle that you sold it before it even got on display!
    Your creations are truly amazing Patricia!!!!!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete