Monday, 29 July 2013

"New Home" Card

Hello Blog friends.
Well folks, I can tell you I am really, really tired tonight.  Working in the Tearoom is fun but I am glad I don`t do it too often.  I am working again tomorrow and that will be it for a while, I hope!!!
Started very slow with customers this morning.  Elaine has all the fillings to make up first thing, I help by filling the cabinets with the cakes and scones etc:-   Wow! 11.30am  everyone, their Auntie and Uncle descended on the place and it went non stop till 5pm.   They close at 4.30 in theory but obviously would not turn customers away.  Floors done, lights out and we were off.  Was I glad to get home???
I am working because Elaine`s daughter and her partner bought a house a couple of months ago, they got the keys on Friday 12.30pm.   Moved most of their furniture in on Friday evening/Saturday morning.  Steve, Gillian  and Gillian`s boys slept there Saturday evening.  I offered to work with Elaine so that Gillian could have a couple of days to get things in order.  Glad it is just two days and not all week.


This is the card I made for them:-
Base card 6 x 6 white card
Burgundy card
Pink spot paper that I did Faux stitching round the edge
Pieces of striped paper from my Bit Box
Burgundy card 
Spotty paper
Rubber stamped the verse on to a piece of patterned paper from my Bit Box, mounted onto burgundy 
Don`t know anything about the stamp it was in my box of stamps, I have had it for ever.......!!
Attached the double heart, because it is their first home together.

Oh! I have to tell you I sold lots of my things in the Tearoom today.
I sold yesterdays Gift Bag plus 2 of the 6 I made a couple of weeks ago which I only took into the Tearoom this morning.  A Pendant, a necklace, pair of earrings and 2 little Bracket Boxes made with a SB Die. I also took an order for a Golden Wedding card.  I need to stock up on any type of box,  I only have 3 left in my cabinet.   Man! I am going to busy in the next few days.  
I am looking for days with 48 hours in them and a new "Magic Wand" does anyone know a good "website" for these??? let me know A.S.A.P. please.

That`s it for tonight I am off to bed
Thank you for popping in I really do appreciate it.
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
 
 





Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been busy. Lovely card. I love the colour scheme. Isn't it marvellous that all your things are selling so well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia
    gorgeous card and wonderful stamp.
    Enjoy your sleep tonight, you'll need it by the sound of things. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new home card and great colours. You must've so pleased with your sales in the tea rooms but looks like you're going to be a very busy lady

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, I love the sentiment and beautiful colours.
    Well done all all your sales at the Tearoom, it sounds like you have a very busy few days ahead!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. The sentiment is lovely. Try not to overdo things Patricia glad you sold lots of work.
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. You sound like you have been very busy with more of it to come.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Patricia, love the sentiment and the faux stitching looks amazing.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Patricia loving that sentiment and colours
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful stamp Patricia! Love the card with the dotty papers its lovely! Pleased your makes are selling well but no surprise there! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you on all your sales. But do take it easy - but when it is to help a friend you just cannot say no can you? Great card and i love that stamp. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your card Patricia, pity you can't remember where the stamp is from, it was the first thing I thought of, maybe somebody will know.
    Lovely design and your wonderful shades of pink.

    Well done on all your sales, more pennies for November, don't work too hard, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, Wow, you must have been shattered last night, I expect today you will be running on 'adrenalin' ha ha. So glad that Elaine's tearoom is doing well, and that you are selling lots of goodies. You will be a busy bee getting more goodies made to display in your cabinet at the tearoom.
    Your new home card is beautiful, gorgeous colours.
    I hope today goes well, and hope you are not too tired.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia,
    A great card and sentiment, love the colours you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv the card and the stamp is gorgeous xx enjoy your last day at the tea-room today and hopefully you sell some more of your goodies to buy some more stash xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I love the colours too a fabulous creation, hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Patricia...fab sentiment! Well done on all your sales, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    super card, and such a very lovely sentiment for this type of card. Fab design as always.
    My you have been a very busy lady.
    I could just do with a day with 48 hours in too at the mo.
    All this hot weather makes me very tired. Thankfully much cooler today here.
    Sorry I can't help with magic wand purchase as I forgot where I bought mine.lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely verse on a beautiful card Patricia, hope you had a relaxing day today
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL!!! If you find days with 48 hours let me know and that Magic Wand sounds good!!!!! I have 15 days to make 11 cards, 3 of those in a Magazine Hmmmmmmmm think I'll not have to got to bed or work!!!!!
    Your card is beautiful and love the touch with the rings!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete