Thursday, 25 July 2013

"Similar to Mrs Ducks card"

 Hello and welcome everyone.
Oh! Wow! I have another follower, I checked out her Blog and there are some stunning photographs on it.  The only this is, I really did look, unfortunately I could not find her actual name. So welcome anyway, thank you for joining me in my little corner of Blogland.
Nothing exciting here today, John`s car had to go to the garage in Broughty Ferry for its MOT.  It is a fair few miles from here.  They always offer us a car, but it depends on what they have to offer on the day.   It is good of them BUT!! John has a 4x4 because of his back and knees.  He finds getting in and out of a low car rather difficult, so a "sporty" type job is no darned use........  Last time that`s what they gave us......we did manage I drove, helped John out when we stopped, not a pretty sight!!!! what a laugh we had.    However rather than chance getting similar, I followed him in my car.  We then drove into Dundee, had a look round the shops and made a few purchases.  Well!! you have to take the opportunity to spend when its there don`t you!!! When we got back to the garage they apologised saying the car would not be ready till about 5pm.but they had a nice new 4x4 ready for us to use till tomorrow.  I just hope John does not get any fancy ideas!!!!!  Typical the day I take my car he gets to drive the nice new one home.
When I saw the card Mrs Duck  http://theducksdoodahs.blogspot.co.uk  had up the other day it reminded me of one I made on the very same theme.  I know one of the rules in Blogging is to give credit to a person, company, or contact if you have used their idea or products.  That`s all very well and good but how many times have we made and posted a card when someone on that very same day has posted similar.??  My opinion is that we all use very similar things, get ideas when we go "Blog Hopping" these similarities are bound to happen. 


My card base is approx 5 x 7 white card
I used a SB scallop Border Die to cut the edge
The tag style pieces are cut from white card embossed using SB Paisley embossing folder
Piece of lace from my Lace Box
American Seam binding to cover the join between the lace and card.  A four loop bow of the same and a pearl
Roses were bought  from Wild Orchid Crafts, actually that`s also where I got the pearl embellishment from

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for stopping to have a look.  I really appreciate that you do that and leave all your lovely comments
Till next time

Hugs

Patricia   xxxx

Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. beautiful card Patricia, love the embossing and layout, fabulous embellishments
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I think white cards are classy, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully created WOW card, Patricia. I love your layout along with your very pretty lace and bow x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Thanks for the shout out but your card is more elegant than mine.
    What can you do when there's folks posting similar cards on blogs you don't even look at.
    Similarities are unavoidable at some point.
    Looking forward to seeing your latest cheese box. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love white on white... Love the design... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Patricia. I do love white on white - I always think it is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning Patricia, wonderful design and the white on white is so stylish, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, liebe patricia....überwältigend schön ist dir dein kärtlein gelungen.....auch dein hochzeitskärtchen und die fürs babyglück habe ich grad geschaut.....alles traumhaft....
    ein schönes wochenende wünsche ich dir....
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty with the white on white. I don't think you say what it was for but it would suit many occasions!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, a beautiful design and card! I love white on white it always looks classy! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

  11. Good morning Big Sis, do you need a cheese box??? Seeing how Mrs Duck would like you to do another!!! Don't want you to have to being eating cheese spread with everything HaHa. You know me I keep a few empty cheese boxes and drinking chocolate tubs incase the girls want to do something craft wise.
    Just love your card, you know me with white on white cards.
    Enjoy your trip back to the Ferry in that nice new 4x4, here's hoping John doesn't get liking it to much.

    Hazel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Patricia. We all use the same dies etc so there are bound to be similarities. How many times have you listened to a song and realised that parts of it are just teh same as another song? There is only so much you can do with a set of dies or a set of notes so there is obviously going to be crossovers at some point. That' just the way it is. Anyway, having said all that - I love your card!! Very elegant. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, really classy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia, I love this card, white on white is always very elegant, loving everything you have done, it is gorgeous.
    Isn't that just typical with the car, but still you will have the opportunity of using it on the way back to the garage, enjoy !! just hoping John doesn't like it, tooooooooo much ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card and such an elegant design

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card Patricia love the layout
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Patricia

    A really beautiful card.

    Loving all the different elements and textures.

    Hope you have a good day and John prefers his "own" vehicle!! LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Paricia, Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Have been away and also busy but I always try and log onto yur Blog to see what you are doing. This is a super card this morning. So elegant, white on white.Really, really pretty. Also, thanks for telling us about those tools from Hougie the other day. What a great idea. I find using the Tim Holtz ruler too time consuming so this tool seems like it will give you a similar effect more easily. Must get these. My 'To Buy' list gets bigger and bigger by the day. Take care. Love and Hugs. GemmaC xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Patricia,
    Very elegant card, love the white on white.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the design and all your wonderful layers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Luvin this card - very pretty and elegant and for me white on white is a winner every time xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very elegant Patricia, love the layout. Super card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your design. Beautiful.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been creating some fabulous and stunning looking cards these days Patricia! They're really fab! Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days, had to deal with work and serious computer issues here. Even had to buy a new laptop, the other one probably succumbed to the heat ;-) Have a great weekend, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    beautiful card, and sooooooo elegant. I love that design card. You can't beat a white on white design card.
    Fabulous idea the both of you.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning creation Patricia! Real "eye catcher" of a card!
    Just catching up as per usual!!!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete