Thursday, 4 July 2013

"The left over Bits"

Good Morning  and welcome to my wee corner of Blogland. 
Thank you for taking time to pop in and see what I have been up to. 
The weather here yesterday was better not cracking the pavements sunshine but much brighter.  When I  went to meet Hazel believe it or not I actually wore a "dress".    Decided that July is supposed to be a summer month so I donned a dress.  We will see what today brings,today is another day.
My friend and neighbour Isobel loves making Jam.   With the strawberries we picked on Monday evening she has made me 8 x 1lb jars and 2 odd small jars.  I supplied the jars and the sugar, Isobel did the hard work.  Isobel is a fantastic Jam Maker and has won prizes for her Jams.  Goodness know how much she has managed to make for herself.   She makes for her son and daughter, they both have children they get through lots of Jam.  I feel another "foraging trip" coming on soon.

You will recognise bits on today`s card, they were in my box of bits from my latest makes.  I don`t put them in the general Bit Box any more.  I now use as many as possible, it is amazing what you can make if you put your mind to it.



Base card 6 x 6 white card
Piece of backing paper from a Rob Adams CD (from Monday`s card)
Purple card, I decided to emboss
Card left over from the boxes I made for Hazel`s card gifts
A Tattered Lace Die I had cut and never used
Happy Birthday Die cut from the Tattered Lace set
I popped a few tiny "waste" flowers on to give some depth without costing when posted

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in and for all the lovely comments you leave I really do appreciate them
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxxx
 

Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Please tell me you're not up posting this! It's a lovely card and an excellent example of how much we can use our stash to the best of our abilities! The school must be suffering not getting the bits now! LOL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! Love the flower frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    A lovely card, you are getting really nifty with your bits, hee hee, liking the flower frame.
    Have a great day. Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Patricia another wonderful card! The jam sounds gorgeous almost worth eating bread for!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia, I love the colours and beautiful detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Patricia I really like your backing paper
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card especially when you says its all made with "bits". Hoping to see Sue Wilson in Preston as i've taken the day off work specially. I'll probably buy yet more craft stash that I didn't know I needed.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and a gorgeous card. The flower frame is lovely. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Patricia and everyone. Its great when you can make good use of your bits and you most certainly have made good use of yours, you little crafty Womble!
    That was some "foraging" trip to yield over 8lb of jam for you. I make jams, pickles and chutneys and they taste so much better than shop bought.
    Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful card Patricia, gorgeous dies and the colours are lovely, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia so impressed that you've used up some if your 'bits'...love all the details on your card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, A lovely card made with your 'bits', I really must get my 'bits boxes' used ha ha.
    My weather was still horrid yesterday, but this morning the sun is trying to peep through, I have a line full of bedding out, so am hoping that dries.
    Your foraging trip had a yummy outcome, I'm making 2 small loaves of bread at the moment, would go really well with your strawberry jam ha ha, I also make jam but haven't made any for ages, as still using up the last batch.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marvellous card Patricia. Love the frame die and the beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Patricia. What a special card you have created. It's absolutely stunning. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You never seize to amaze me with the cards you concoct from you 'bit box' - another really luvly card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful way to use your bits up Patricia, this is fabulous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card! Lovely colours and a fab design. Lovely swirls! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,
    you are the queen of recycle, and you make such very lovely cards with all your bits from other cards. So glad your weather is improving.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. another beautiful card Patricia, love how you use bits from your bit box.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you make bits and bobs look as though they were deliberately made for each other. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete