Friday, 30 August 2013

"A BIG Box"

Hello fellow Bloggers welcome to my corner, so glad to you decided to call in today.
I love that you come to visit.  Welcome to my new follower Ann, delighted to have you join me on my crafting journey.
Thank you all so much for your good wishes and advice on the "wonkey wrist".  Still using the support thing the doctor advised which really helps.
I was working in the Tearoom today and so far so good it held up.  John has some "magic cream"  for his knees that is made up by a lady who works with Hazel`s boss.  Hazels boss is a Pain consultant.  I have been rubbing some of that on and it really does help. 
Still trying to take it easy but the orders are flooding in for the Big Boxes.  I have been very good and used my eBosser to cut out all the bits and pieces.  I seems so slow when you have just 2 maybe 3 little Dies to be cut.  I gave myself a pat on the back yesterday for being so good and having such Patience   ......   here is the latest box.  The lady picked this one up today and was delighted with it.  It is the first time I have actually been in the Tearoom when the customer picked up any of the Big Boxes.  I do them, hand them into Elaine who passes them on to the customers.  Working today I saw the lady and felt really good when she went into raptures about it.  I love doing this sort of thing.



The box is BIG but gives you loads of space to work on
Painted with Cheap as Chips emulsion paint inside and out and left to dry
I stencil Butterflies, also use some masks to create texture on the out side 
Cut out some Cheery Lynn Doilies popped them on the top to give a bit of definition
Make "loads" of Roses mostly from papers I have got as Freebees on and in magazines.  I like a lot of them but never seem to be just what I want to use on cards.  Now all being used up, I feel they look good as Roses
Roses made as usual with SB Blossom Five Die.   SB Foliage Die for the leaves 
A rosette made with a piece of lace from my stash and a large Pearl Dazzler
A few butterflies I found in a box.  I added some pearls to the bodies

I came home with an order for 2 Ruby Wedding Cards plus a box for another lady to give to her friend for her birthday.   She said any design but she is into sewing.  I might just have rummage about to see what I have that would be appropriate. 

That`s it for today, thank you so much for calling in I really appreciate it
Have a Great Weekend
Hugs

Patricia  xxx
I entered this into 
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2013/08/himcr-113-freestyle_31.html?m=1
 

 
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous box again Patricia. But please take it easy, you don't want to go back to square one, and you seem to have lined up quite a few orders there! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab box. Did a great job!

    Dont get yourself run down.

    I did that with making and selling card.

    Remember easy does it then being over loaded and run
    down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is gorgeous too, I make al of my flowers with papers that I dont like very much. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Gorgeous lid to the box. Would love to see the sides as I bet they're equally as fab.
    Make sure you don't over do it with that wrist, you may have a heavy case to take back north of the border after the NEC!
    Best wishes,
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Patricia. I love all the detailing you have added, especially your wonderful flowers. I am not surprised the customer was thrilled with this, how lovely for you to hand it over personally.
    Take care, I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this big box. Adore how it's oval and not the usual standard square boxes. Hope you are all well and hazel is doing good too?
    You make such gorgeous and stunning projects you have so much talent Hun!
    All the best
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fabulous detail, Patricia. Love all your hand crafted flowers in pretty papers and lace. Lovely butterflies, too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Yours are all lovely Patricia . My first box was to my sister in-law. I had to create something outside for a cover and inside the box. She loved it. I thought mine was a total ship wreck. Honest.

    Inside trying to get the cornors with material proper inside to fit.

    I found it the hardest thing I ever did in crafts.

    Would I try again. Not too soon.

    Your box is a real treasure so perfect and pretty. I must say your good at doing what you do with this box and other boxes. Wow!

    Glad your wrist helper is helping you my dear.

    Thanks for droppping over to see my page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh Patricia what a fabulous box no wonder they are popular! It's beautiful I love the shape of the box more interesting than the usual round ones.

    Have a great weekend!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, love it, love it, I'ts gorgeous Patricia, not wonder the lady went into raptures over it. What a great use of free papers too. The design of the lid is just lovely as all the gorgeous flowers.

    Pleased the support is helping your wrist, but take it easy, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely box Patricia. The flowers are a great way to use up the freebie papers. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty box. Patricia. I'm not surprised your customer was very happy! the flowers and colours are so pretty.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, Glad your wrist is a little better now, although working in the tearoom, carrying full plates etc, !!!! ha ha.
    Your big box today is gorgeous, as always, beautiful, beautiful flowers.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh Patricia

    You have certainly been one busy lady whilst I have been busy tying ribbons!!

    Loving all your gorgeous box work .. .. but sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope it is soon sorted.

    It is lovely to see the reactions of customers and I am so pleased you are getting lots of orders.

    Have a great weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    What a beautiful box, I can fully understand that he lady was pleased with it, who wouldn't be.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    superb box as usual. Love everything you have used to decorate this beauty.
    No wonder the purchaser was soooooooo pleased with it.
    I would be ecstatic to receive such a lovely present.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous box yet again, luv it and not surprised about the rapturous response - well deserved xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Afternoon Patricia..wow what a gorgeous box..beautiful details in the decoration, I'm not surprised that lady was so thrilled with it! Sorry your wrist is still causing you pain, Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks fabulous Patricia, love the lace rosette and gorgeous colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a beautiful box Patricia, I`m not surprised your customer loved it, gorgeous flowers.
    hope your wrist is getter better.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fab box Patricia, you are being kept so busy. Hope you get a chance to rest your wrists. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am always loving your gorgeous boxes Patricia, your adornments are splendid and so beautifully detailed! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so elegant! Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete