Sunday, 18 August 2013

"A Box of Roses"

Hello and welcome to my Blog.  I hope you like what you see and come again for another visit. If you have enjoyed a peak at what I do  please leave a comment or just a quick "Hello" so I know you called.
Can you believe we are staring yet another new week.  I hope this one brings lots of good things for you.
When my friend Elaine and her daughter opened their Tearoom back in March I was given a cabinet to display and sell some of my Crafty Creations.  I am surprised how well it has done. I did a box similar to the one I am showing today which has caused a bit of interest.  I have sold 3 from the one Displayed in the Tearoom.  People want to do a "Workshop" to make one.  I have no problems doing that BUT it is a lot of work.  Talking to some of the people I feel sure they would struggle.  However rather than start with the Box, Elaine and I have decided that we had to start some basic Card Classes.  So Tuesday 10 til 12am will be our first venture.  I did lots of  classes myself a few years ago and they were very successful.  Hazel and I have seen quite a few of the ladies that came to them selling cards and other projects at Craft Fairs that we do.   Hazel and I do not take cards, there are so many stalls selling Handmade Cards.
Right folks ... there are a few pictures coming up!!!
I really should have taken a picture of the bare Box.  It is a rather big box measuring 13x9x4 inches.  They are plain "Bog Standard" Kraft Card Boxes which I cover inside and out with a Mushroom coloured cheap as chips emulsion paint.  I then use some of my Dies, Stencils, masks  and Distress Inks to to create a bit of a background, to break the plainness of the box.
I make Roses using whatever papers I can find either in Elaine`s vast collection of "Stuff" at the Tearoom or Freebe papers I get in Magazines (Not those horrible shiny cheap papers) nice quality absolute Min 160gms

Box finished and ready for delivery


Close up of the Top, they are always different, no two the same.  This one has 3 Doily Die Cuts using a Cheery Lynne Die as a base for the Roses.  Roses made using SB Blossom Five Die.  A few Pearls, a Dazzler, some beads a wooden Butterfly and a little organza Bow.


The edge of the box lid is decorated with some good quality Lace with Burgundy Organza Ribbon threaded through.  I tied a Triple Bow attached with Hot Glue and added a pearl.



Some lace I have ready for another Box waiting to be done.  I only had white which was far too stark, I tinted it by leaving it sitting in cold tea for a while.  I have tried using Distress Inks in the past but the results are always rather "Patchy" I like this method far better.

That`s it for today, I hope you are not too bored by now and will call in again soon.
Thank you for visiting today I really appreciate it
Till next Time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

28 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia
    Stunning box. Hope you get lots of pennies for these lovely items.
    Thanks for the tip about the tea. Makes the lace look vintage rather than Steptoe lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box and good luck with your classes ... I am sure you will do really well as all your cards are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gift box Patricia, wonderfully decorated with your gorgeous signature blossoms.

    Good luck with your class on Tuesday, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Patricia. It must be lovely to be in such demand both for the things you produce and for your teaching. Thanks for dropping by earlier. I have now posted! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is so beautiful Patricia, I can see why your designs are in such demand and I will never bore of seeing them on your blog.
    I love how you have dyed the lace with tea, must remember to try that.
    Good luck with your card class on Tuesday.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful box Patricia....I must start decorating some of the many I have collected, don't think they'll turn out as pretty as this though. Good luck for Tuesday. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely box Patricia. Good luck for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous box Patricia. Looks so luxurious, no wonder people want classes. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW love your box so pretty I would not want to fill it just it and admire it. Good luck with your class tomorrow I am sure it will be well attended.

    Hope your poor toes are on the mend.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The box is beautifully decorated. Good luck with the classes-think starting with cards is a good idea.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely box Patricia loving your decorations
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely box Patricia. Like you I always die my lace with tea, or coffee if I want a stronger colour. I sometimes use promarkers on ribbon because that works quite well, but I hate patchy stuff. I am a quite a "neat" crafter and even shabby chic is difficult for me by messing up my card stock Lol! I do it occasionally though. Good luck with your classes. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, Stunning box !! I love everything you do and nothing bores me. I too, use tea for dying lace, I use it on table mats etc too. Your roses are fabulous, as always. The customer who buys this creation will be 'over the moon'.
    Good Luck with your card classes, wish I lived near you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, love the idea using tea too. Great idea for Xmas gift using Xmas colours too.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. another beautiful box Patricia, no wonder they are in demand, lovely embellishments, never know might have a go one day..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautifully embellished box, Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning- stunning- stunning absolutely luv it - everything xx good luck with your card classes (not that you need it) and you enjoy them too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Patricia,
    Wow! stunning box, love your roses. Never tire of your wonderful creations.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    superb box as all your creations are. Love every bit of it. No wonder you sold soooooooo many.
    Good luck with your classes.
    Thank you for the tip on the lace.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOve your gorgeous box Patricia...you always embellish your boxes beautifully....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Patricia!!! You have outdone yourself with this amazing looking box! Goodness me, your flowers are 100% PERFECT! Love love love this!! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful! I love the dimension of the flowers :) Good luck with your classes.


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia, what a gorgeous box..stunning! Good Luck with your classes,I hope you have as much fun as Amy and I do, we've been delivering our workshops over a year now and are thrilled to have had to increase the number due to demand. It's a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun! Hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Patricia. I love the colours and the pretty lace and flowers.
    Lots of luck with the card classes on Tuesday.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous box Patricia, I love the stamping on it and the beautiful embellishments! I am sure your classes will go down a storm! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful box Patricia! So beautifully decorated 93 degrees and toasting nicely:) It's an amazing hotel!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful box! Lovely colours and embellies. I love the lace too! Beautiful made!! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful box, I love the pretty flowers and lace edge.
    Enjoy the class, have fun xxxx
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete