Wednesday, 7 August 2013

"A few more Gift Bags"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of Blogland. 
Thank you for calling in today.  For all my followers who do not have an active Blog, I enjoy that you come to visit.   Unfortunately I can`t visit you and leave a comment.   I want you to know I  love that you follow me on this journey.  For my other followers you certainly have given  lots of encouragement and inspiration which I appreciate.
I have to thank you all for your concern over my "hairdresser".  A few of you said to look for another  ....  well I have been looking ages for an alternative, no one has come up to the standard I want.  I have very thick hair which I wear short, re:- my photo  ..  that`s it.   When I go to a new hairdresser I know by the way they approach me whether they will be any use or not.  If they hesitate with the scissors I just tell them to take a little off and don`t go back.   If they get stuck right in I know that they will do OK.  However so many times I find someone and within a few months they either move away or get pregnant and leave.   The only other person that cuts my hair to the standard I like is my hairdresser in Dalyan, Turkey.  She has cut my hair for 14 years.  When I win my millions on the Lottery I will hire a private jet to take me out to get my haircut every 6 weeks.  She also cuts Hazel`s hair when we are there, so we could both fly out together LOL!!!   Now! there is only one problem .... I do not buy Lottery tickets............. dream on Patricia!!!
No card today I have been so busy making Gift Bags for the Tearoom.  


Here are a few that have been in the Tearoom and gone.  Over the past 10 days they have sold 8 Gift Bags plus a few Boxes
These ones are made using papers from Tilda Paper Stacks "Kitchen Garden & Country Escapes"
I find the weight of the papers just perfect.  A great balance between card & paper
I make them approx 10 at a time that way I can mix and match the Roses.  
I usually make the Roses using the reverse side of the paper for each Gift Bag.  Sometimes I feel this is a bit pale so just mix and match with the other shades of card I am using. Just a case of try it and see
The papers are 12x12  I cut out all the Bags, Bases & Roses, at the end of the session I am left with only a strip of card 12x41/2 inches from each bag.  I then use this on cards so literally no waste 
If I use A4 card I find I have more waste
That`s it for today
Thanks again for popping in I really appreciate that you take time from your busy days to leave a comment
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx




i 
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. love these gift bags Patricia, your papers are beautiful, amazing flowers..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gift bags Patricia, the papers look gorgeous and as always the flowers are stunning.

    Know what you mean about hair stylists, when you find a good one, you really wanat to hang on to them.
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia
    Late with the last post and now Im early with this one.
    Your bags are always lovely. Still wouldn't let the hairdresser off the hook. I would at least push to get a free cut and blow out of it.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gift bags really are stunning Patricia, its no wonder that they are so popular. Anyone would be made to feel very special if they received one.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty gift bags, Patricia. Lovely papers and beautifully embellished x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patricia. Your bags are stunning and made to perfection. Hopefully your hairdresser will sort something out for the inconvenience. I know how precious a Good one can be. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bags are gorgeous. Re hair, I took the plunge last time, hacked at my own then asked OH to get the electric cutters to it, the same ones I use for his hair, but with the longest guard on, looks great and easy to manage, no blow drying, just leave it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What else would we expect from you nothing but perfection in your papercrafting and getting your hair cut. Get a freebee from your hairdresser, you deserve it after the bad manners of not informing you she would not be able to cut your hair. Your bags are lovely, you are on a roll.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally… I can come and visit you …your project of today is so darling, I specially like the little flowers on the side. I have done these cutties once and they are very nice to give away
    Thanks for sharing
    Keep in touch
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia
    Lovely gift bags you and Hazel are so clever!! :) Sorry about your hairdresser you must be well annoyed I would find someone else but I know you said it is hard to find someone to do your hair the way you like it. You are lucky to go 6 weeks between cuts mine last 3 sometimes four then I cannot do anything with it it is so long! LOL!

    As for the cards you can get them most sizes if you go on ebay and just type in boxes for greetings cards and then whatever size you want it will bring up a list of sellers anyway as Astrid says she finds ordinary envelopes made on the Ultimate Pro OK.

    I find the postmen don't care so prefer something stronger so the flowers don't get crushed but more to the point I just don't have the time any more to make them and I find they store better with the glue dots on if they are boxed as despite what everyone says I have found to my cost that glue dots can squash or mark and I am fussy about what I send out as it reflects on me and my business so each to their own it was more that people had asked me for feedback. :)

    November getting near I hope I have some more money by then it is a long way for me to come if I cannot shop til I drop! LOL!

    Have a great day

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia I love your bags could you link back to the tutorial please I really want to have a go at one but can't remember when you told us how! Thanx John x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    Love your gift bags, do you know how many you have made since your first one, would think it's a lot. As for the hairdresser at least you should get a free cut to cover the inconvenience.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look fab Patricia, such lovely gifts and they have such pretty flower arrangements on them, too! What a treat! And as for that hairdresser? There are worse places in the world to have your hair cut than in beautiful, hospitable Turkey! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia my you have certainly been super productive. These are all stunning, I have been drooling over your flowers again! I know what you mean about hairdressers I am only on my third since I was 18!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous Patricia. I love the pretty flowers too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    beautiful bags as usual. I do love your card you use for them. Superb roses as usual. No wonder they sell out so quick in the tea room.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous - gorgeous bags and roses - luv them, not surprised they all sold in the tearoom they are fab xx I am going to look back at your tutorial as it is my daughters birthday soon and I have bought a few little bits and bobs and one of these bags would be perfect to put them in and a keepsake for her xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, I know what you mean about hairdressers, you take a risk every time you see a new hairdresser. I have the opposite problem with mine, as it is like baby hair, very fine, and if they don't cut it well it shows !!. I had to chuckle though when you said you can tell if it will be OK when they approach you ha ha. Wouldn't that be fantastic if you could just jet across to Turkey to get your hair done, brilliant !!
    Your gift bags are, as always, stunning !! I bet you can make them 'in your sleep' ha ha
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so pretty! Love the roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. No surprise these are flying out the door Patricia. The flowers really make them special. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete