Sunday, 4 August 2013

"A little bit of Rolling"

Hello and welcome to my corner of Blogland.
I can not believe it ... I have 100 followers.   Thank you Margie for joining me on my travels through the wonderful world of Blogging and becoming my 100th follower.   Thank you all for continuing to support me, I really appreciate it.    
I have seen so many great creations "Works of Art" a great many of them. Gained so many snippets of information and inspiration that have inspired me to keep goingI have also met met so many wonderful, generous people.  I treasure your friendship each and every one of you.  A few I have actually met and some I know I will meet in November.
When I started my Blog June last year I never for one minute thought I would ever reach 100.
To celebrate I have a collection of Crafty Goodies to give away.  I will put into a pot the names of  any "followers" who leave a comment on my Blog this week.  John will draw one out on Friday evening.
I have been very busy making Gift Bags.  I took 6 along to the Tearoom last Monday, they had all gone by Thursday afternoon.  I made another 5 between Saturday and this morning.  John came through while I was up to my elbows in "Bits of Bags & Glue" .  Told me to finish off the bags I was doing, he would take me along to the Tearoom.  I could put the bags in the cabinet, that way he could get some "lunch".   Just got them in the cabinet when a lady bought one.  Elaine texted about 4.30pm to say another 2 had gone.   Oh! Man! I am getting a bit sick of making bags.  However I will have plenty money to go back and get "the bag".  Will that please you Heather.....lol!!!    She gave me telling off for deciding I really did not need another handbag. 
Today`s card is a little different even for me. I was looking on a CD for some backing paper when I spied some with the turned corner effect.   Felt that was a bit old hat, decided I would give it a new look. Did not see any papers I wanted to work with on the CD.  I took a brave decision and have actually cut into my Heartfellt Creation Delicate Aster Pad that I have been admiring and caressing for about a month.  I did have to have a seat and a drink of water to recover from the trauma.........!!!


Base, white card I cut to approx a DL size
Two sheets of paper from the Pad.  One for the base and the other for the two layers
On the long side I cut at approx the middle of the top two layers almost into the middle of the pieces
These are double sided papers, the top two layers are from one sheet.  One facing one way next layer facing the other.  I rolled the paper over a Kebab Stick gluing as I went along
I cut the flower from the base sheet.  What you see is the reverse side
Cut some leaves using a Crealies Leaf Die
Popped a gem in the centre of the flower
Have not put any greeting on I will leave it till I know what I want to use it for

That`s it for today
Remember if you visit please leave a comment.  You never know you might be the winner of the Goodies............
Till text time
Hugs

Patricia  xxxx




Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. Oh! I know what you mean about not wanting to use lovely papers, Patricia. I have some from years ago that I just keep to smell and stroke, lol!
    Your card looks fabulous! Love your pretty rolled paper design and your flower finishes it off beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia
    Gorgeous papers. Brave you, breaking into a new pad of pretty papers. I have had some for a year that I have yet to use lol!
    Big congratulations on your century of followers. I got excited when I reached 16 the other day hahaha. I did promise some blog candy when I got to 4000 so it may take a while lol!
    Go get your handbag missy. Its your century of followers treat! I want to see it in November.
    Night night
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Patricia, These papers are Beautiful...Fantastic design..Big Congrats on your 100 followers so well deserved as your makes are simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the design, fabulous flower and beautiful papers - I so know how you feel about cutting into that. I have some that I save for 'special occasions'.
    I'm not surprised your gift bags are so popular and even though you may be sick of making them it must be nice to know that someone will enjoy receiving them.
    Well done on your 100 followers, it's so well deserved too as we love to see your creations.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Patricia, hearty congratulations on achieving your 100 followers - well done you but most deserved.
    It's no wonder the gift bags go so quick they're always gorgeous.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Patricia

    First of all Congratulations on achieving your first century. You must be absolutely thrilled.

    Your card is lovely I too have this paper and got it out yesterday but every time I picked this sheet up to do something with it something inside said 'No!' LOL!Now I know why!:)

    Great take on the paper corner rolling much more effective.

    You see I am not only one who says get your bag!Think! Can you face us in November if you don't get it? LOL!Only joking you must do what you feel is right.:)

    A nice idea to have a give away to celebrate. Yo have a great week.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, I have great fun trawling the internet looking for different styles of bags and am glad your bags are selling so well. Love the paper used today and the way you have curled it. The Aster dies are so lovely, they have taken over from the roses. Bet you are really chuffed at reaching 100 followers, well deserved as your posts are so lovely, it was through your prompting that I started blogging and thank you for your encouragement and drive.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased for you making your century Patricia, I'm not surprised as your blog is great fun to visit. Loving your card today, ( you are so brave) , gorgeous technique and beautiful flower. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful creation, quite different but lovely. I know quite what you mean about the bags-I made over 10 advent calenders last year, each with 25 spellbinder boxes in! Seemed like a good idea at first but never mind, it was all for charity!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Patricia, just trying to catch up with all the blogging friends, now we are back from our break away which ws lovely.
    Congratulations on reaching 100 followers, but no wonder, your work is marvellous and so inspirational to others.
    Today's card is fabulous, lovely design with those papers. Just love your rolled effect, and the colours are beautiful.

    You go get your bag, a girl always needs a new bag. Me, I just bought a new wee suitcase for November, and I was thriled, but then I'm a a sado.
    Have a lovely day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is lovely Patricia

    I have just ordered a few Heartfelt Creation stamps and a set of dies to go with them - just to try something a little different
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, Congratulations on reaching 100 followers, we all have you to 'Thank' for giving us such fabulous inspiration and and a lovely read.
    You sound like a 'conveyor belt' of gift bags, everyone loves them and everyone wants them, they are so beautiful.
    Your card is lovely, loving the rolling technique, and I know exactly what you mean about cutting into papers, I have pads that I have had for years and years, and they are so lovely that I never want to use them, but I have decided to use them for projects that will stay with 'me' ha ha.
    Have a lovely day, it is raining heavily here, but Graham fixed up two new water butts yesterday, we already had one slimline one and he has joined that with another slimline one, and we got a large one for the other side of the house, so we are collecting the 'rain' to be used later.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia,
    Congratulation on reaching 100 followers, not surprised you blog is a delight to read. Love your creation today its very pretty, we all have stash that we don't want to use but sometimes needs must.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card is lovely Patricia and well worth cutting into those papers. The pretty flower on the side is a pretty addition too. Congratulations on your 100 followers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Patricia, love how you've created such a lovely roll back effect. These papers look lovely, well worth the trauma of cutting them!!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia beautiful papers I can see why you were reluctant to cut into them! The flower is gorgeous too! Congratulations on your 100 followers! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    fabulous card. I love those Heartfelt Creations papers, dies, and stamps. Been trying to find the funds to buy them. lol. But his nibs is pulling the budget strings a little tighter this month. lol. I need to do my I desperately need these trick. Or show him how lovely the cards are made with these. lol.
    Congratulations on your 100 followers.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Firstly a very big WELL DONE on reaching 100 followers - well deserved xx Secondly what a fab card and a brilliant way to use the papers - very trendy xx good for you for choosing to buy YOUR bag after all and well done with the sale of your handmade bags - I think it sounds like a good deal to me 'sell some of your bags to make way for a new one' - that is how I would justify it my mind anyway!! I can always think of a reason to justify a buy if I really want it xx GailT xx PS - what is happening in November?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia. The paper is beautiful and the flowers look fab.
    Congratulations on reaching 100 followers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great card Patricia. The papers are gorgeous and such lovely colours. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers.

    ReplyDelete

  21. And who said she would be lucky if she got 50 followers this time last year???? Infact it was September when we were out in Dalyan and you had only had your blog a couple of months. Now you have 100 well done Big Sis.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Patricia! How wonderful! You have made a fabulous card, love the curls and pretty papers and how you've made your gorgeous bloom stand out! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just catching up after my holidays! Love your card Patricia, the papers are gorgeous....I think we've all been guilty of hoarding the pretty ones! Sounds like you're going to be busy making bags for some time to come! Carol x

    ReplyDelete