Thursday, 15 August 2013

"Another Christmas Card"

Hello and welcome to my creative corner. Great to have you pop by.  If you have time please leave a comment good or bad or just even say "hello" so I know you came to visit.
Took the curtains back, absolutely no quibble.  I think they have had other complaints it was just so darned easy.  Did try to get some compensation for the amount of time and petrol Audrey had wasted  ....  no go an that. 
Did some other shopping, well we can`t be out together without buying something.  Went to TKMax, I got some of my favourite perfume at a great price.   I only manage to get this when I am in the States.  I have a few in reserve, Audrey and Elaine both brought me back some from their trips earlier this year.  Like shoes and bags you just can`t have enough of your favourite perfume.
Popped into the Tearoom for a coffee on the way home.  Elaine`s daughter Gillian told us she is getting married a year in  November.   So guess who will be helping with the Wedding Stationery??  Did the other sister`s so will have to do Gillian`s.  I feel quite honoured to be helping with it.  As long as there are not too many "bows".  I tied hundreds and hundreds for Jennifer`s and that was only 2 years ago the memories are still fresh!!!!
Came away with a few orders for cards, have done some, others still to finish off.  I am working with Elaine tomorrow so they will have to wait.


 I have made 10 of this card so far.   I quite liked doing them, I may do a few more.  Again I am trying to keep them as flat as possible for posting standard 2nd Class.  Counted last night how many cards I will make this year, it will only be 50.  Some will be handed over approx 30 to post, and a few extra special ones.   So other than last year when the money for cards & postage was donated to Charity this is a big reduction from previous years.

Base card white DL cards I have had for ages
Memory Box Candleabra Die this comes with the Die for the lovely candles.  I used Cosmic Shimmer Gold PVA to create the flames on the candles
I punched some foliage with a Martha Stewart Punch.  Poinsettia (or trying to be one) are the bits from my little flower Die once again
Star Die is another Memory Box Die you get this one and a smaller size in the packet
Greeting stamped using that Clarity Stamp I have for as long as I can remember mounted on silver card

That`s it for today
Thank you  for calling in I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the elegant design and such a great idea to use cosmic shimmer for the flames.
    Glad Audrey got the money back on the curtains. Congrats to Elaine's daughter, it sounds like you are going to be kept very busy!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patricia, I love your card, so elegant with the candles and that gorgeous star die.

    Good news about the curtains. Your going to be kept busy with your orders and what an honor to be asked to do wedding stationery, Hugs kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Patricia, I have not seen the candelabra die, looks really elegant, beautiful designed card.
    pleased you got the curtains sorted. sound like you`ll be busy.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Gorgeous card. The card base looks like it has a lovely texture.
    Don't get me started on perfume. Its a shame your visit to Birmingham doesn't coincide with the Birmingham airport duty free sale in December. I stock up on my favourites (Estee Lauder Beautiful and Swarovski Aura) at usually half price and heaven help me if there are Radley handbags on sale lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely elegant design for Christmas cards, Patricia. Beautifully created, too.
    My Christmas card list has dwindled away over the past few years. Most of our family have passed away now. So just need to make around twenty for friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patricia

    What a delightful Christmas card. The DL card adds to the image of the candles works really well and as Ang says the card stock looks as though it has a lovely linen texture to it. Very nice indeed very elegant.

    Perfume and shoes and bags that's me!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Patricia. What a beautiful card, very classy looking too. I'm sure they would sell really well in Elaines tearoom too. Glad you got the curtains sorted out without any bother. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Christmas card, the candles and candilabra are so lovely. Simple design beautifully executed. Glad the curtain saga is resolved with minimum fuss. Maybe when you walked in they thought here is someone not to be messed with.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love CAS and this is absolutely gorgeous Patricia!! The linen effect adds to the look. Glad youmanaged to get your perfume - nice to be lucky sometimes isn't it? Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, Gorgeous Christmas card, I can see why you have had orders for more..Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Patricia the complex simplicity of this card is so creative. This would stand out on anyone's mantlepiece

    John xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful Christmas card Patricia love the simpleness of it
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Patricia. Love the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card-easy to make quite a few of, as you say. I made very few cards last year as my Mum was very poorly so my list will be much reduced again this year.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia, a stunning card it looks really good on the linen and love the candelabra die! Great that you got the curtains sorted with minimum hassle! I did the invitations for my son's wedding and just done the invitations for my friends birthday party its ok as long as you get organised! I have a tendency to leave things til the last minute but I made sure I didn't on these occasions!! Have a great day, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Patricia, So glad your trip was good, and curtain saga turned out stressless.
    Your Christmas card is gorgeous, very elegant and so, so striking, love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card Patricia. I love the cas design and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely simple elegant card, love it. Pleased you got the curtains sortted and as for perfume I can't use it gives me a headache.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I luv the simplicity of this card and a fab one for batch making xx I have never seen this candelabra die before but what a useful die to have in your collection xx luv it and the card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia,
    a very fabulous design Christmas card. Love the idea of this, such a fabulous idea. Your ideas are always so superb.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the elegance of this card (totally get where you are coming from with the postage issues). Good idea to replicate it too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, this is a lovely Christmas card - super design, have never seen this die, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete