Tuesday, 13 August 2013

"First Christmas Card"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of the wonderful world of Blogland.
I receive so many kind messages and comments thank you very much.  I truly try to respond to every single one. 
Nothing exciting here at all today.   Boys back at school after great holiday with hardly any "indoor" days.  I think they had one day where they went to the cinema with Mummy because it was horrible weather.  
Well folks I have actually started  ....  making my Christmas Cards.  I made very few last year, we decided to donate all the money we would have spent on materials and postage to a Cancer Charity after all the treatments that Hazel had.   I had a few phone calls from people wondering if we were all OK.   So from sending out over 100 Christmas Cards I have now decided that I will drastically cut back this year.  The people who phoned are top of the list.  They obviously noticed the did not get a card from us.  Other than the ones who did get one last year that will be it for me.   I tell you people get so many cards, they open them, look to see who it is from then forget all about it.  They might notice that yours was missing if they look through them again before getting rid of them.
I made 6 very similar to the one below. I have kept all my card flattish so the will go standard Second class.
 A few of you mentioned that yesterday`s  Sympathy card design could be used for other occasions.   I took that on board, and came up with this.


Base 5 x 5 white card  
White card embossed with an embossing board I borrowed from Elaine.
White card
I covered the join with Stamping Up Ribbon
Embossed a small SB Bauble and popped that on
Tied a triple bow with some Bakers Twine which I ran across a Victorian Velvet Ink Pad
A Memory Box Star.  This set comes with two sizes this is the smaller one
Stamped sentiment using a Clairty Stamp I have had since the year dot!!!

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for popping by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx 


Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Good Evening Patricia, this is so lovely, very elegant and stylish. I like it's simplicity. That's a great embossing folder too. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the embossed design and beautiful ribbon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card Patricia. I love a card like this and it looks so very elegant too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Fabulous card. Great for bulk making. The bauble embossing is wonderful.
    100 Christmas cards? Wow. . . . .do you really like that many people? Lol!
    Seriously, I have cut back, like you as I found I was sending some for the sake of it.
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Patricia
    Fabulous card.... I am your new Follower....
    Hugs Sylviex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card, Patricia! Love your embossed background.....your embossed bauble looks fabulous, too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks very beautiful, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Patricia love your embossing and sentiment
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful Christmas card Patricia! A lovely elegant design! I must make a start of making mine too. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card as people have said for mass production I too used to send over a 100 cards most hand made and would get a lot back but then one year when I was ill none went out and hardly any came to me so I built on those few that did send a card and probably send about thirty five now maybe forty. Just to people who I really care about!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia

    Congratulations on your first Christmas card .. .. and what a beautiful one it is too.

    Love that embossing folder very much!

    I had a few Christmas cards backed up in readiness but then sold a lot of them last week!! People are starting early!!

    I hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Utterly elegant Patricia. Bet you could sell hundreds like this at the Tea Room. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always been the same. Approx 100 cards, all handmade. I think when you move around the country you end up knowing lots of folk and only keep in touch at Christmas. I also have a large family. However, I have noticed that over the past few years that the number of received cards have gone down a bit so last year I cut back a bit myself. I do love my Christmas cards though. This one is a lovely CAS design and easily replicated with slight alterations. Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas card Patricia, think I`ll be doing the same as you this year, cutting down sending Christmas cards, Like Christine, I noticed we had a few missing last year.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia, I thought that was a fantastic idea you had last Christmas, to donate the money to your Charity instead of sending out cards.
    I love your Christmas card today, so elegant and classy, but looks easy to do, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Christmas card Patricia..lovely embossed background and your embossed bauble..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia,
    love the card very simple but so effective, great for batch making.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and a fab one for batch making - I have purchased a few Memory Box dies and I luv them xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good afternoon Patricia, this is a lovely Christmas card...very elegant, beautiful embossing, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the design and colours.
    Glad to see you are making Christmas cards!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Patricia, love that embossing and the dainty little star looks so pretty. That sentiment is great, such a lovely font
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful card Patricia, love the gorgeous design and embossing.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Christmas card!! Love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty and elegant Patricia! Good idea to keep it flat and light with the cost of postage as it is! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Patricia! Hope it's 1st of many!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete