Wednesday, 14 August 2013

"Gift Card Wallet"

Hello Blog friends, hope today has been a good one for you all.  If you feel bit down here are a few ((hugs))) that might help.
Welcome to all my new followers.  Thank you so much for choosing to follow me on this Blogging journey.   If you click on some of the comments left on my Blog that will take you away on a great journey of creativity.  There are so many talented people out there it always amazes me.
Met Hazel this morning along with another two friends.  We had coffee`s chatted, more coffee`s and more chat.  Tried to put the world to rights but I am sure like many others who try to do the same we have failed miserably.  However we had a good time catching up . 
I have been busy getting things up to date in the house this evening.   I am off out early with Audrey tomorrow morning.  Audrey will drop the boys at school then come here to pick me up.  We are off to Perth trying to sort out the continuing saga with her curtains.  I love my DIL to bits, we get on so well in general.  The one time we could fall out is over curtains.  She is a very clever girl but just does not grasp the concept of measuring for curtains.   I kept telling her she would be better buying the material and my friend would make them.  I used to do all the curtain making.  I stopped that when it became too much of a strain on my back, lifting the yards and yards of material we need to cover our windows.    Convinced having them made would be too expensive she bought some.  It has been a total disaster.   Expensive curtains, poor quality material when they were hanging on the windows.  They were changed for something totally different, these new ones the material is coming away from round the eyelets, they are not even hung up yet.  Bearing in mind we live 22 miles from the the shop where she bought them.  She has been back and forward so many times the price of petrol would have gone a fair way to the cost of them being made.  Anyway enough said we will see how things go tomorrow.


I was asked by Hazel`s daughter Tammy to make a Gift Card Wallet.  They wanted to give a gift but the couple seemed to have everything.  The Gift Card would allow them to buy whatever they wanted.
I used one sheet of 300gsm white card stock
Scored the card in a Tri-fold using my trusty old MF scoring board that I have had for years.  This was my first ever scoring board and wow! does it usage show!!!
Used a combination of SB Border Dies to cut the edge.  Decorated it with flowers.  They are made with bits from a Die.  I pop them on my embossing mat and form them with an embossing tool. Easy Peasy!!
I cut a bit off the height of the inner layer of card and stuck it down along the outside edges to hold the Gift Card
Added Organza Ribbon to tie a bow to close.
I buy all my 25cm Organza Ribbon from Mieflower I just love their rolls of this ribbon it ties beautifully and is not expensive.

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting I really appreciate it 
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx






Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. This is so elegant Patricia, love the gorgeous ribbon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, gift cards are so handy and this one is gorgeous, love the organza ribbon.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wallet card Patricia. Got a migraine tonight and been in bed most of the night. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful way to present a gift card, Patricia. Much better than a bought one. Love the colour of your ribbon, too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These wallets are so much more personal than the horrid pnes you can buy. Love your wallet and the ribbon looks lovely.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely wallet very pretty edge so much better than an envelope!

    I think I would be askingg for return postage and sending the curtains back at their expene not running 22 miles back and forth! Ang and I were only saying recently neither of us can stand bad service! Good luck.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely wallet Patricia love the trim along the edge
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty wallet Patricia. It's amazing that there is so much poor quality and poor service these days! Hope she gets things resolved. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, such a beautiful design and I love the ribbon
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, I hope you get the curtains sorted, quality these days seems to have 'gone', as the retailers try to keep their costs low, and customer service is virtually 'non existent'.
    Your gift wallet is beautiful and so elegant, and I too, love the Meiflower organza ribbons.
    Did you sort out your hairdressers yet ??
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty wallet, love your little flowers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful gift wallet Patricia, love the lacy edge and gorgeous ribbon.
    Totally agree with you about curtains..
    Thank you again for your fabulous gift.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia a beautiful gift card wallet! Good luck with the curtains what a trek! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very classy wallet, so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia
    I too usually make wallets for gift cards, money and theatre/concert tickets. It just makes them look more personal.
    Mei Flower do some gorgeous ribbons. I have some of her satins. I get my organza from Sanctuary Beads. . . . . . . . Usually 50m for about £1.50.
    Have a great day and good luck with the curtains. . . . . . I would indeed be asking for discounts! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These wallets are such a great idea for any gifts...

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh I'm late with my comment Patricia, but here I am to say what a lovely money wallet, and such a wonderful idea. Gorgeous design and the ribbon is gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous gift wallet and what a luvly finishing touch xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete