Thursday, 8 August 2013

"Late Birthday Wishes"

Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy your look round my Blog.  If you did and have a few minutes to spare, please leave a comment so I know you called.  That way I can link back to see what you get up to.
Busy day here today, we had the boys unexpectedly.  John Jnr phoned late last night to ask if could take them Audrey was working today.    He was to work from home to be with the boys.  Got a phone call to be at a meeting 10.30    ...   in London.  I sometimes think they forget how far north we actually live!!!
We have had a great day, exhausting but good fun.  John Snr had to have his eyes tested, of course you get these horrible drops in.  I had arranged that I would go with him to drive home.  The boys came with me we did some shopping for T-Shirts and trainers for our house for them.  Met Grandpa then went for a walk across the river Tay along a bridge that parallels the railway.  Great fun and they saw trains.  Very late lunch at the Tearoom where they get exactly what they want. Elaine is great at catering for the boys who are the same ages as her Grandsons.   Robert wanted of all things a "roll with Raspberry Jam"  All fed and watered so back to the Ranch to play till Daddy picked them up.  When daddy drew up the both said "I think we will just stay Granny" however Daddy decided he wanted them home, they are going off somewhere for the day tomorrow.
My card today is for my friend in Northern Ireland I went to school with.  When we were both 9 years old we started at a new school in Belfast on the same day.   Oriel had come in from the country I came over from Scotland.    The teacher sat us together, we have been friends ever since.  Don`t see each other a lot possibly about once maybe twice a year.  Her birthday was today and I forgot.  By the time she gets this card it will possibly be Monday, hence the "Late Birthday Wishes"


Base card approx 5 x 7 very dark dusky pink
Pale pink card
Backing paper from a NitWit collection 
SB Labels Die in pale pink
2 white Memory Box Die cuts layered together to make it look a little fuller
Some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
SB & Crealie Die Cut leaves
Computer generated greeting mounted on pale Pink card and raised from the base card
That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx



Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

  1. beautiful card Patricia, your friend will love this, one of my favourite papers and gorgeous dies you have used.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story Patricia. I'm sure your card will be treasured even though it's belated. I love the colours and the pretty flowers. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card for your special friend. I love the colours and beautiful design.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    pretty girlie card. Im sure it will still be appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty feminine card Patricia, love the floral work. Your friend will love it even if it is late better late than never.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, your friend will be thrilled with her card..as Wilma said, better late than never, it's beautiful, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very feminine card Patricia I'm sure your friend will love it
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have such a longstanding childhood friend and I'm sure your friendship is all the more treasured as you can't see each other as often as you would like.
    Lovely card Patricia, lovely soft delicate shades of pink, as usual your details are fabulous.
    Enjoy your day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia,
    I am one of your followers who doesn't have a blog. Having 8 kids and two jobs as well as volunteering with Brownies, I have very little time to myself so I don't often comment on the blogs I visit. I do love visiting your blog though and come along almost daily to see what you have been up to and creating! Your bags are great. I must have a go sometime - maybe as a fundraiser for my Brownies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Patricia. The colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, Absolutely lovely, your friend will be 'over the moon' with this, albeit belated she will still 'love' it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your grandsons Patricia, so lucky they live near to you! Your card is beautiful I am sure your friend will be so delighted when she sees it that she will forget it is a little bit late! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Patricia. The design and colours look fab and I love the pretty flowers. I'm sure your friend will love it too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    A fabulous card, love the flower work you have done and I'm sure your friend won't mind it being late.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  15. Oriel will be delighted with this and won't mind it being late you have been friends long enough.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous card for your friend, Patricia. Beautiful florals x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    another really fab card. Your designs are really amazing.
    Love all the die cuts and flowers used. Great colour combo too.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card for a very lucky recipient with a fab name xx luv how you have made the wreath effect with the leaves - it is all gorgeous xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sure our friend will be very pleased with her late surprise and I think we get used to things arriving late these days! it is a beautiful card beautifully put together. Sorry I am late I have a lot to deal with at the moment.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was meant to say your friend the y didn't type! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card!! Love all the pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OoooH I like this one Patricia .. so pink and girly. Your friend is going to love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Patricia, Love the colours & fantastic flowers...Have a great weekend... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card Patricia, love all your flowers and poshness.I think we need to invent a different time system, cannot afford sleepy days. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you had a fabulous day Patricia :)
    Love the card, your friend will be thrilled with it. Love the pretty detail on it.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This s so pretty and feminine Patricia, I'm sure your friend will forgive you for being late. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Superstylish and indeed extremely feminine, elegant card Patricia, who wouldn't love this! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is beautiful Patricia. Love that you have used a patterned paper as the base too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete