Friday, 23 August 2013

"Now a very simple Christmas Card"

Hello and welcome my Blog Friends.
Thank you for calling by, I love to have you visit.
For my loyal followers without a Blog I say  .... Thank You  for continuing to support me.  I feel a bit guilty that I can`t link into your Blog, see what you do and leave a comment like to do for me. 

Once again another very quite day in the "crafty" house.  John and I popped up to Blairgowrie this morning to do a couple of things at the Bank.  Imagine having to go 8 miles to to that!!!  We had a branch of RBS in Coupar Angus(where I worked) 3 miles along the road.  I  left to look after John when he got home after his accident.  A few people commented that once Pearl and I left they had to close it, It did not function with out us!!!!   Sounds good but the real reason was to save money ..... Banks save money  ... right!!!   Anyway there is not that much in Blairgowrie so did not spend anything which is good for me.  
I am scheduling this, Elaine will be here soon.  This is our Thursday evening get together supposedly to do some Crafty things.  We spend more time chatting and laughing and drinking tea. .  However we have had orders for more Big Boxes so we will be cracking on with them.
My card today is another of "my personal" cards to send out for Christmas.  I will not be making many cards to sell in the Tearoom.   I feel people buy these boxes of cards at the supermarket and send those.  I do get "specials" to make for friends and neighbours.   A few regulars at the Tearoom have asked me about personal ones which I said I would do .......  we will see what comes of that.


 Base card 4 x 6 white card
White card embossed with a Sizzix Door folder which I cut round.  I placed that on a piece of Purple card
I cut a wreath shape using 2 of my small SB Classic Circle dies
Punched out Foliage using a Martha Stewart Punch and stuck that round my wreath
I attached that to my door then to the base card.  I used small dots of glue round the wreath and sprinkled with some glitter.  Tied a bow with some very narrow purple silk ribbon.   I was going to add a few pearls on the wreath but wanted to keep the cards as flat as possible for posting
Popped a peel-off waste, silver dot, for the door handle  
Have made 12 of these.  All in all I have most of my cards made.  I need to add some Greetings, do the inserts, pop them in the envelopes, stick the stamps on.  I do not actually address the envelopes yet, things can change between now and when I would post them.......if you get my drift on this!!!  At the moment another PHD!!.    I just hope I remember where I put them (somewhere safe) when it comes time to get them posted.  I still have all my "really special" ones to make

That`s it for today folks
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

Well folks I did say I was sheduling this and it did not work!!  ....I forgot to press  "publish" Oh! silly old me.......  Have a Great Day

Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

  1. lovely card Patricia love your door die
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Patricia, I love, love, love, this card !! It is quite simple but it is absolutely stunning !! I am normally a 'more is more' girlie, but you are veering me on the 'less is less' ones now. This card is stunning, I definitely need to get this die, it is so effective.
    Have a lovely weekend, we had a lovely day yesterday, albeit very, very humid, but today is meant to go downhill rapidly, yuck ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I meant 'embossing folder', not 'die', doh !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing folder Patricia and such a lovely Christmas card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia
    Did wonder where you had got to last night.
    Love the elegant simplicity of this card.
    Mr Duck was fine about my afternoon with John. He even had a quick chat to him on the phone!
    Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patricia. I think your card looks very elegant and classy. Like you my ones for the post will be kept as flat as is possible, no bows etc. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Patricia, beautiful, stylish card, I love the door and wreath, and the simplicity of it all. Have a lovely day, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia,
    A beautiful card, love the wreath.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love the design.
    I hope you have a good day
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card and I love that door folder. It does make a lovely card for any occasion and I can see one with a 21 on it for that special birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sweetie, this is really super gorgeous, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Patricia,
    well what a super design card. Love the idea of this.
    I know what you mean about loosing things. I have put my embossing folders in a new place, and I'm darned if I can find or remember where I put them.lol.
    I think I am in need of a new brain, with super memory powers. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Good afternoon Big Sis, now please remember when you come to use these stunning cards that put the inserts in??? haha.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, Patricia. Your door EF looks fab and your sweet wreath finishes the look for a beautiful CAS Christmas card x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia I always think these wreaths look so pretty on cards and love how you did the door, a really fab card! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow. I love this door. I must get one!! makes your card look stylish and so elegant. fab wreath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous Christmas card Patricia, so elegant and classy. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this...I have been trying to design one very similar but had no idea Sissix did a die!! Very elegant, love it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Patricia and such a fab design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is beautiful Patricia, looks really classy.
    I ordered this folder yesterday...Great minds!!!lol
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. A truly stunning Christmas card and so elegant - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that door die Patricia. The wreath looks super. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You may say it's simple but it is also incredibly elegant Patricia. Love this to bits. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Patricia and anyone else who knows me!

    I am having a lot of problems viewing and commenting on everyone's blog out here in St Lucia
    the Internet is intermittent to say the least so Patricia I have looked at your last few posts and will comment here they are lovely I adore you Christmas card what a great idea. This was especially lovely my dear! X
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    Well today is my last full day her we fky late tomorrow arriving Monday. Carch up when i get back with you all

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Patricia.
    What a lovely card will try get this embossing folder. sorry I have not been around with moving and being in hospital I have felt quite low but hopefully on mend now got to get craft room sorted so I can start my xmas cards I have been back through your blog you have been very busy I wish you luck in your new venture Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia, very slow at getting round all the post these days, so much to do and so little time to do it in. Your card is as always so elegant and beautiful. Where oh where do you get all your ideas? See your sister got herself a bargain, lovely boxes, she will be into cards soon!!.

    Take care.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card Patricia, I do agree with you about christmas card selling, when I first started card making I made a few to sell but folk don't really want to spend a lot due to the large volumes sent. I tend to do like you now. Hugz Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am too loving wreaths this Christmas.....a trend I think! (you heard it here first!) LOL.
    Great wreath and loving the door background too.
    I too put things safe only to forget until after I really need them where they are. In other words too safe!
    Hope you had some crafty fun with Elaine, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete