Friday, 16 August 2013

On the Tiles Again"

Hello and welcome, great to have you visit.
Before I continue I have to apologise to anyone I have missed out today.  I try to comment on as many of my followers Blogs as often as I can.   
I was working in the Tearoom with Eliane today and by great were we busy or what!!!  
I am sheduling this as I know I will fall asleep as soon as I sit down and get comfy.  My feet are sore not really from working but from dropping things on both my Big Toes....!!!  I dropped my iPad on my right Big Toe on Monday evening.   Then  I dropped the thick "base" plate from my Cuttlebug on my left Big Toe on Tuesday.  They are both very sore but getting better.  Thank goodness it is summer and I can have my toes out.   As you will be aware you are not allowed to have open toe shoes or open sandals on in the Tearoom   ... Health & Safety rules.  Well my poor big toes were aching by the time I got home.  I did take my open shoes with me and had to put them on in the afternoon luckily we did not get any visitations from an Inspector.
So this will be short so I can get my "feet" up, I am getting too old for this working lark.


Base card is 5x5 white scalloped card
I covered a piece of Lilac card with some very fine netting I found in a drawer the other day.   It was one of these circles of net for Wedding Favours.  You really do not see it but it is there
I then cut some 2inch squares of card.  Covered them with slightly smaller pieces of pretty backing paper.   I distressed the edges of these.
I did intend sewing these squares onto the Lilac Card   ...   the whole card was all put together before I remembered that I was going to do that....Duh!!!
Cut and embossed a SB Classic Circle and added that
Arranged some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, SB Foliage and a Memory Box Die Cut
Made a banner and stamped Happy Birthday
A great card for using up bits of left over card and paper

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in I really appreciate it.
I will get round you all I promise
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxx


Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Patricia. Sounds like you need to wear steel toe capped boots in your craft room! Hope the toes are better soon. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Patricia, my favourite colour too.

    Hope your poor toes recover soon!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia love your pretty background and gorgeous flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the papers and fabulous design.
    I hope your toes are better soon and that you get some chance to relax over the weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia
    very pretty card. Wonderful colours.
    Isn't it bad when you probably would rather break your toe than your ipad lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty pretty card Patricia, and can definitely see the mesh, great idea that. Love the composition of it all.
    Poor toes - ouch!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Patricia. The colours look gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your sore toes, there's nothing worse. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Patricia! Love lilacs and purples! Good job your toe broke the Ipad's fall otherwise you may be even more upset!!

    Enjoy your weekend
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

  9. In answer to Ang and Heathers comments about a least it was your toe not your iPad. I wish my iPad had only hit my toe - no mine hit the ground and yes replacement screen required at the cost of £90. I can tell you I was so cross with myself as only an hour earlier I had told Beth to be careful with the iPad. The trouble was that I had bought a new case for the said iPad (not cheap) and it doesn't have a secure top bit, so iPad slipped out. And yes it is insured but excess and time away it's just as cheap to take it to the little repair place in St. Andrews . So be its back to the old cover for me.

    I now know why you told me not to ask on Wednesday why you kept taking your shoes off, yes I do think steel toe capped shoes are needed, then maybe no Gillian wouldn't tell you off.

    Be careful, Hazel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, Firstly thank you so much for your help with my query about card for the roses, I have emailed you a quickie Thank You.
    Oh poor you, your poor toes, there is nothing worse. I remember a few weeks ago I was using my ebosser and all the plates were balanced in front of the machine, and they all fell off the table straight onto my toes, and it was soooooooooooo painful, (I was wearing flip flops at the time), I thought I was going to lose the nails but thankfully didn't.
    Your card is so pretty, lovely colours, and ideal for using up scraps of pretty papers, it is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia a beautiful card love the pretty colours and gorgeous papers! Hope your toes are getting better and hope you didn't damage your I Pad!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty card, love the colours. Poor toes.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well here I am again Patricia, I commented using my tablet through bloglovin as I cant get my dashboard on the samsung, typed it all out to find I needed to sign in and thats the papge that's not downloading. GRRRRRR!!!
    The computer is on it's last legs too.

    Anyway to your card of today, beautiful design and the colours are gorgeous, really like your design too and of course the spray of flowers is wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, love your design. Look after your toes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    this is a very fabulous design card. I love it. Great way to use up scraps of paper and card. great papers used in this design.
    Sounds like you have fingers like mine dropping lots of things. lol. Your poor toes, maybe today they can have a rest, hopefully.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully created, Patricia. I love your layout, pretty flowers and such lovely muted shades of lavender and lilac xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous. love the flowers. fab colours and layout x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a really pretty card and as you say a brill way to use up 'bit and bob's of papers you have in your stash xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the pretty flowers and papers.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, this is gorgeous - the colours, papers and of course your beautiful flowers! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Patricia, love the embellishments and layout
    feel for you, nothing worse than when your feet hurt.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. so pretty specially the soft colors and the flowers are gorgeous
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card! Lovely colours and design, very elegant! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia, lovely card and great colour combo...great floral arrangement in the centre too.
    I hope your toes are on the mend!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  25. First of all so sorry for being MIA for quite some time Patricia, wasn't something I intended to, but it has been such a hectic time at work... Bad excuse, I know... Anyway, I'm glad to be able to visit again and I really love your latest creations, you have not only been active, but very creative, too! Lovely creations as usual! Take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so pretty Patricia, love the gorgeous papers. Hope your toes are feeling better. Carol x

    ReplyDelete