Monday, 12 August 2013

"Sympathy Card"

Hello Blog friends, Hope you have all had a good start to the new week.
Our weather here has been rather "hit or miss" ...... you are either get hit with rain of you manage to miss it!!
I popped along to the Post Office approx 4 miles away.  I had left rather a lot of washing out , the sun was shining.  On my way back I caught in a terrible shower.  Thinking my washing would be soaked I was angry at myself for not taking it in before leaving.  Turned off the main road, down approx a mile to our village   ...   no rain and the sun still shining!!!
All in ironed and put away.  I usually do my ironing at some "silly o`clock" in the morning.  If I don`t sleep it does not bother me I can get so much done in the "wee small hours"
Today`s card is one of these ones we do not like to have to make, unfortunately they are needed.
This one is for a friend of Hazel and I who`s mother of  86 has died.  The lady has had a good life and she herself was ready to go.  Her daughter will miss her so much.  She lived with her daughter and her husband for the past few years.  The funeral is private at the ladies request.


Base card is A4 folded white card
White card embossed in a Darice Folder from Crafter`s Companion
Piece of Black & White card
Black ribbon from my Ribbon Box
Cheery Lynn Die for the flower
Computer generated sentiment mounted on Black 
The sentiment was one I got from a card that was sent to us when John`s mum died a few years ago
I keep a lot of these as well as the verses inside 


That`s it for today
Thank you so much for popping in I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxx

21 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia. Beautiful card for such a sad occasion, and as you said it's something we all need at sometime in our lives. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sympathy card, Patricia. Love your embossing, pretty flower and those lovely words.
    I can't see the picture of your card from yesterday, there's just a blank square, but I'm sure it was gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Patricia. I love the design and the wording.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    A truly lovely card for a sad time.
    Thank you for your best wishes. Im on the mend so will be getting back to my normal blog routine.
    Take care
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you missed the shower at your end Patricia, would have felt so guilty. lol
    beautiful card for such a sad occasion, we hate making them..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Evening Patricia, elegant card for a sad occasion, beautiful design.
    I've been cold all day, but feel it's too soon for the heating to be on yet. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful sympathy card Patricia, not the kind of cards we like to make but perfect for the occasion.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia

    A beautiful card for a sad reason. I never like making sympathy cards and find them the most difficult to make.

    The flower on your card is gorgeous and the sentiment too.

    Pleased your washing wasn't drenched!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for the sad occasion, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sympathy card Patricia the sentiment is perfect! We were the same yesterday, went to do some shopping in our local village 5 minutes away and got absolutely drenched - no coats, just flip flops - got home and no rain! Let's see what today brings! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just perfect Patricia loving that sentiment says it all
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, So glad your washing missed getting wet. I came home in the car yesterday, and as I opened the car door, the heavens opened, and I got drenched getting from the car to the house door. It is raining 'stair-rods' as we speak, yucky yucky !! I'm missing the sun.
    Your card is beautiful, and the sentiment is divine, so heartfelt.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    what a lovely card for a sad occasion. Great design as always.
    I know what you mean about rain in part of your area and not in the other. The other day I was out food shopping and the roof of the supermarket is metal and I heard this almighty noise on the roof looked out the window and the heavens had opened up. I thought good at least that filled my water butt up, but when I got home there was not a sign of rain in my area. Sadly no water in the butt. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    A beautiful card for a sad occasion. Would look lovely in other colour ways as well. You are good washing and ironing on the same day, my pet hate is ironing.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card and very suitable for the occasion, yet with a different sentiment would fit the bill for lots of other occasions. Very adaptable. Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card for this occasion Patricia, sun shining again o we are busy.x Flora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Patricia! It's stunning! Never done black & white before!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Patricia it is is hard doing these cards but they need to be done. You have made a lovely job of this one.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Patricia, it is hard making these cards but I think we always put a lot of care into making them. This one is beautiful for this occasion and yet, as Christine said, so easily adaptable for many other occasions.Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card (except for the occasion) and a card that could be used for countless things - the last three cards I have made have been just black and white so I need to get out of this 'habit' - although I do think they look fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete